• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Can you elaborate why, specifically?

Choppy, poorly choreographed, messy as hell, ugly. I get that it's Jun Arai but I don't like Jun Arai's style. I think he kinda blows.

Putting in a random picture so this post is worth a thousand words.

dPbGFl.jpg

cajunator

Banned
It actually depends. If it's from those Asian food places then the rice is generally stuck together so I can eat it with a fork. However, the one we make at home is impossible to eat with a fork so I gotta use a spoon.

Sometimes I just eat a clumpy bowl of rice with some soy sauce in it.
Surprisingly good snack food.

Thoraxes

I don't think there's a seiyuu I don't like. I'm one of the ones who's always liked Chiaki Omigawa too. Hopefully I didn't lose any new fans with that one...
Welcome to our legion. You are welcome among us. You may pick up your member's blazer at the front desk.

Don't peek!
She's my favorite character, and i've been waiting forever for her to start showing up in all her glory. Hopefully this is just the beginning.

Nafe

If you break a rule, you're getting banned no matter what, but every mod is slightly different in what personally annoys them enough to warrant the threat of a ban. NeoGAF has a million unwritten rules, but I suppose that specifically regarding this thread, Hitokage has prohibited the phrase "hnnnnng" and duckroll hates lots of pictures in episode impressions.

Yeah I'm aware of "the h word" (Personally I find "Redacted" to be more annoying) and I'm not a member of any image hosting site so I don't know how many pictures I'll use for impressions when I get to them anyway. I'm familiar with some of the other unwritten rules as well.

I'm not really a rule breaker so I'm actually worried I might use too many spoiler bars. I don't want to ruin an episode/show for someone but I don't want my posts to look like they're under Saya's Protection Services either.

cajunator

Banned
She was always going to be the fanservice otaku character. Even before the show people knew it. She turned out to be exactly that. I guess you either like her or you don't. I have stated my position and dug the trenches.

fertygo

Choppy, poorly choreographed, messy as hell, ugly. Doesn't flow at all and it's got enough slowmo for a Snyder flick. I get that it's Jun Arai but I don't like Jun Arai's style. I think he kinda blows.

dPbGFl.jpg

what wrong with the caps?

I hope you not complaining its looks off-model in stills.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu Uta Koi. 3

Bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! What a tear jerker :( At least she accomplished her dream.

fertygo

What part of random picture do you fuckers not understand?

lawl, sorry.. its very nice you can recognize the style that you dislike though. Its seems Arai gonna became the go-to guy for big action in this one, he even working the OP too (CMIIW). So...

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sora No Woto 2

You have to wonder why a town that in every other way is European has japanese baths and japanese books. Though at least the book led to some nice worldbuilding,
so SnW takes place in some sort of post apocalyptic world? But the ruins are still very new... there's definitely a lot more questions to be answered about just what is going on.

This episode was really all about the tsun character becoming dere, but for the most part is was very well done.
Their platoon has been tossed to a little, out of the way town that is in no danger, where they've practically been forgotten about and are pretty much considered useless decorations for the army. Their tank is a broken down antique, they have practically no weapons, and barely enough people to qualify as a platoon. So it's not surprising that she's feeling very unhappy.

Anyway, the 2 senior officers seem to be planning something between them, there's hints that they know more than the rest do about why they received Kanata instead of a class they really needed.

The owl is pretty creepy, though.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I know what mob mentality is. I was just confused as to what context and pretense you were using the phrase. Thanks for the clear up though =)

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be a jerk by defining it or anything :p You seemed genuinely curious.

Choppy, poorly choreographed, messy as hell, ugly. I get that it's Jun Arai but I don't like Jun Arai's style. I think he kinda blows.

Ah, okay. I suppose it is just an issue of personal preference, then. I personally thought that the scene did a piss-poor job of depicting a believable video game boss with supposed "attack patterns" as the monster was just berserkly leaping all over the place, but from an animation standpoint I thought it was fine.

Yeah I'm aware of "the h word" (Personally I find "Redacted" to be more annoying) and I'm not a member of any image hosting site so I don't know how many pictures I'll use for impressions when I get to them anyway. I'm familiar with some of the other unwritten rules as well.

I'm not really a rule breaker so I'm actually worried I might use too many spoiler bars. I don't want to ruin an episode/show for someone but I don't want my posts to look like they're under Saya's Protection Services either.

Most people here just use imgur.com for their images, no account required.

I spoilered the hell out of everything as a junior too just to be safe, but looking back I'm sure that if you spoiler enough to show that you're making a concerted effort to be conscientious about spoilers, a slip-up is hopefully forgivable as long as you're immediately cooperative and it's not a major plot point for something.

The only way to reach that full member status is to post, post post (but don't spam), so jump right in whenever you have things to say and eventually you won't even have to walk on eggshells anymore.

Je ne comprends pas anglais

Cajun actually speaks Cajun?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be a jerk by defining it or anything :p You seemed genuinely curious.

Nah dude, I didn't get a jerky impression at all. lol. It's all good. Hahaha

Ah, okay. I suppose it is just an issue of personal preference, then. I personally thought that the scene did a piss-poor job of depicting a believable video game boss with supposed "attack patterns" as the monster was just berserkly leaping all over the place, but from an animation standpoint I thought it was fine.

It stated that the boss goes berserk and uses a different weapon after a certain amount of health was left over. It was definitely intentional.

jman2050

Yuru Yuri 3

Oh god all this tsuntsun, all this NTR, all dat dere, all that Sakurako suffering. Why can't I hold all this tsundere yuri?

Hiwamari x Sakurako,
Second
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Just another episode of Yuru Yuri, look forward to the usual hijinx next we-- awwwwww shit here goes

EDIT - You saw nothing.

fertygo

Talking about spoiler, I got spoiled badly for the recent episode of Tari Tari :(
Everything about the episode basically unmarked lol

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Yuru Yuri 3

Oh god all this tsuntsun, all this NTR, all dat dere, all that Sakurako suffering. Why can't I hold all this tsundere yuri?

Hiwamari x Sakurako,
Second
Greatest Love Story Ever Told

Just another episode of Yuru Yuri, look forward to the usual hijinx next we-- awwwwww shit here goes

Powerful computer & fast network connection are recommended to play?

Kazzy

HEY! I'm not weird. I'm normal.

The poster doth protest too much, methinks.

But it was more in reference to the wide-ranging tastes in here. I honestly can't fathom the like of certain shows (no names!), but then again, I like K-on!, which is tantamount to proclaiming yourself some sort of uber-leper.

I regret nothing.

what a coincidence. That exactly what I was about to do.

Me too!

Great minds, and all that...

cajunator

Banned
Sora No Woto 2

You have to wonder why a town that in every other way is European has japanese baths and japanese books. Though at least the book led to some nice worldbuilding,
so SnW takes place in some sort of post apocalyptic world? But the ruins are still very new... there's definitely a lot more questions to be answered about just what is going on.

This episode was really all about the tsun character becoming dere, but for the most part is was very well done.
Their platoon has been tossed to a little, out of the way town that is in no danger, where they've practically been forgotten about and are pretty much considered useless decorations for the army. Their tank is a broken down antique, they have practically no weapons, and barely enough people to qualify as a platoon. So it's not surprising that she's feeling very unhappy.

Anyway, the 2 senior officers seem to be planning something between them, there's hints that they know more than the rest do about why they received Kanata instead of a class they really needed.

The owl is pretty creepy, though.

Yaaaaay envelope is watchin Sora no Woto!
The music is INCREDIBLE.

Cajun actually speaks Cajun?

Mais oui, cher. Je parle un petit peu francais.

Everybody here is taught some French in school.
You kind of have to know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom