• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Classiest rain effects ever.

8WpnP.jpg
7wJZT.jpg

Love this show's style.

NewFresh

As I've been reading the thread for about a year and a half I feel I know many posters at least a little bit. I noticed when you were gone and Regulus Tera if you're reading I noticed your absence too. I thought it was nice to finally see Izaiyoi again in the thread after what feels like a year or something. I would be lying if I said that AnimeGaf didn't wierd me out with some conversations from time to time though.

I missed your delightful introduction, but welcome. If you have been reading that long then you have probably seen some things that would concern me if they didn't at least weird you out a little. :p

Do you have any more shows recommendations? I already knew about Utena and really liked the show but didn't know about Angel's Egg so I managed to give it a watch. It was an interesting piece if for nothing other than it had amazing hair animation at least.

After my own heart!

There are a ton of things that get thrown around, from the most obscure to the more mainstream. Off the top of my head maybe you would enjoy some shows like: Oniisama e..., Rose of Versailles, Dennou Coil.

Are you interested in older OVAs, films, and shows?

Sword Art Online 02:

Looks like this is the big discussion series of the season, so I need to watch the episodes much sooner if I'm going to actually be able to participate in said discussion.

Anyway, fantastic animation during the
Floor 1 boss fight
, but the actions of the characters are so fucking stupid that I want to shoot the television, Elvis-style. It appears to have been discussed to death already so I won't bore anyone with redundant analysis, but I kind of get the feeling that the person behind the original LNs lacks comprehension of how actual human behavior works. It's bafflingly unrealistic.

Humans don't behave realistically on the Internet due to anonymity, and MMOs reflect that.

Sora No Woto 2

You have to wonder why a town that in every other way is European has japanese baths and japanese books. Though at least the book led to some nice worldbuilding,
so SnW takes place in some sort of post apocalyptic world? But the ruins are still very new... there's definitely a lot more questions to be answered about just what is going on.

This episode was really all about the tsun character becoming dere, but for the most part is was very well done.
Their platoon has been tossed to a little, out of the way town that is in no danger, where they've practically been forgotten about and are pretty much considered useless decorations for the army. Their tank is a broken down antique, they have practically no weapons, and barely enough people to qualify as a platoon. So it's not surprising that she's feeling very unhappy.

Anyway, the 2 senior officers seem to be planning something between them, there's hints that they know more than the rest do about why they received Kanata instead of a class they really needed.

The owl is pretty creepy, though.

More people need to watch this show, I want a season 2 :(

Narag

Well, there's technically no anonymity in SAO, and they're not "on the internet" anymore. That is the world they live in now.

Being forced into a life or death situation against their will like that seems like something that'd just exacerbate irrational behavior.

I am head over heels for many things. It just happens that SAO is more relevant this season that F/Z.

F/Z is relevant all seasons, as a comparison that nothing can ever measure up to!

being banned is part of the neoGAF experience.

The truth is, if you've never been banned, you haven't lived. Unless you're a mod, though didn't one of the mods ban himself a few years back because he lost a bet?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
YuruYuri♪♪ - 3

i4E7zQud2xmEQ.gif

Do the Japanese not know how to queue? Are those photos I've seen of lines spiralling around a shop an urban myth?

And I hope this episodes mark the start of more you know who episodes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
muv luv is going to shock us all and end up the best thing this season!! *believes*
I bet Muv Luv is better than SAO!

Ultimadrago *knocks* Ultimadrago *knocks* Ultimadrago *knocks* .

Sora No Woto 2

You have to wonder why a town that in every other way is European has japanese baths and japanese books. Though at least the book led to some nice worldbuilding,
so SnW takes place in some sort of post apocalyptic world? But the ruins are still very new... there's definitely a lot more questions to be answered about just what is going on.

This episode was really all about the tsun character becoming dere, but for the most part is was very well done.
Their platoon has been tossed to a little, out of the way town that is in no danger, where they've practically been forgotten about and are pretty much considered useless decorations for the army. Their tank is a broken down antique, they have practically no weapons, and barely enough people to qualify as a platoon. So it's not surprising that she's feeling very unhappy.

Anyway, the 2 senior officers seem to be planning something between them, there's hints that they know more than the rest do about why they received Kanata instead of a class they really needed.

The owl is pretty creepy, though.

In terms of the world, you'll find that out soon. Even the Owl plays an important part of the lore. lol

And yes, they are the Bad Company of the world. You'll see how that all plays out too.

Really, this show is probably just one step down from Aria and K-On!! for me, if only because of the awkward service episodes in the middle of the series.

Poe . . . try? Is that something they sell at McD's?
I thought you were going to say "I read moetry instead". :(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Fate/Camelot: The story of how Saber gave up her life for the service of her country, and the downfall of Lancelot.

Narag

Macross Flashback 2012

This is supposed to be Minmay's farewell concert. It's presented as a series of music videos that are footage of the TV series & DYRL set to Minmay's songs. For as much as she gets on my nerves, I adore her singing. It left me really nostalgic for both works as I haven't seen either in a while. I could have done without some of the live action stock footage in the videos though.

How odd I waited until 2012 to watch this as it apparently came out in 1987. Maybe I should have waited until September to coincide with the launch of the Megaroad-01.
I need closure there, damn it.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon S 93

I think I just have to accept that I'm not really going to like
Uranus and Neptune until they stop acting like asses and team up with Sailor Moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom