• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafe

I missed your delightful introduction, but welcome. If you have been reading that long then you have probably seen some things that would concern me if they didn't at least weird you out a little. :p

After my own heart!

There are a ton of things that get thrown around, from the most obscure to the more mainstream. Off the top of my head maybe you would enjoy some shows like: Oniisama e..., Rose of Versailles, Dennou Coil.

Are you interested in older OVAs, films, and shows?

I actually became aware of "NTR" due to AnimeGaf. Now that I'm aware of it it seems to be everywhere like some sort of omnipresent literary force. I feel like an astronomer who just discovered dark matter for the first time or something.

It turns out I was always a fan of "mono no aware" too. With firehawk and others talking about it back in InfiniteNine's spring thread with HanaSaku Iroha or something I looked it up and thought "Oh is that what the name for that is? I love that stuff."

The shows you mention there are on my to watch list. I'm like 7Th and don't really want to call it a "backlog". They seem like the kind of shows I'd like. I'm definitely interested in any older films,OVAs or shows you may know. One of the things I really like about AnimeGaf is when people bring these older or more obscure shows to my attention. I also like how some of the more non mainstream titles like Usagi Drop or Chihayafuru get a lot of conversation here.

being banned is part of the neoGAF experience.

The truth is, if you've never been banned, you haven't lived. Unless you're a mod, though didn't one of the mods ban himself a few years back because he lost a bet?

Well maybe your both just joking around but I personally don't really want to get banned at any time.

lol. Animegaf weirds me out too. I'm glad you liked the hair animation in Angel's Egg. The rest of the movie's pretty good too.

IDK. I really don't care about any anime other than Revolutionary Girl Utena, but I can C+P dump a list I've had sitting around from before my hiatus:

Black Lion (OAV)
Boogiepop Phantom (TV)
Chirin no Suzu (movie)
(The) Door Into Summer (movie)
Franz Kafka's A Country Doctor (movie)
Garzey's Wing (OAV)
Gosenzo-sama Banbanzai! (OAV)
Jin-Roh - The Wolf Brigade (movie)
Kanashimi no Belladonna (movie)
Kūchū Buranko (TV)
Legend of the Galactic Heroes (OAV)
Mawaru Penguindrum (TV)
Midori aka Mr. Arashi's Amazing Freakshow (movie)
Mononoke (TV)
Mushi-Shi (TV)
NANA (TV)
Night on the Galactic Railroad (movie)
Twilight Q (OAV)
Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer (movie)
You Are Umasou (movie)

I didn't mean to imply that the hair animation was the only good thing about Angel's Egg just in case it came across that way. Thank you very much for the list and many of them are on my "things I'd like to see" list. The only one I've seen is Mawaru PenguinDrum actually.

The LN explains some stuff left out of the anime.

All the people stuck in SAO are moved to a special hospital built to house them. This is all paid for by the profits made by Argus. See the end of the first episode of Harsh Realm for pretty much exactly what it would look like. I'm sure the hospital has special network access to ensure people aren't disconnected from SAO.

Well thats somehow what I imagined, that actually helps to explain a bit of stuff, wonder if the anime will touch on it.

wonzo

Banned
Utakoi 3
utakoi3.jpg

:firehawk as fuck but with an incest twist. the ed still owns

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Nafe: what are your thoughts on the "cool" squad of AnimeGAF

Me
Pizzaroll
Nonoriri
Duckroll
7th

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I actually became aware of "NTR" due to AnimeGaf. Now that I'm aware of it it seems to be everywhere like some sort of omnipresent literary force. I feel like an astronomer who just discovered dark matter for the first time or something.
I feel the same way, esp since some people won't shut up about it in the irc.

Dresden

Yeah, it's a shame but he swung for the fences at least.

Time to relentlessly mindbreak him until he disavows any admiration he may have held for Omigawa.

NewFresh

The shows you mention there are on my to watch list. I'm like 7Th and don't really want to call it a "backlog". They seem like the kind of shows I'd like. I'm definitely interested in any older films,OVAs or shows you may know. One of the things I really like about AnimeGaf is when people bring these older or more obscure shows to my attention. I also like how some of the more non mainstream titles like Usagi Drop or Chihayafuru get a lot of conversation here.

Yeah, I think we will get along just fine.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's fine to like Omigawa, it's just bad to unconditionally like characters because they're voiced by her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom