• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mAcOdIn

It's fine to like Omigawa, it's just bad to unconditionally like characters because they're voiced by her.
That's backwards. Her characters are amazing, yes amazing, but her real life voice is less so so in her case.

Still she's no Kobayashi. Voice rocks in any scenario and usually gets cast as a character I'd like anyways, what's not to like?

cajunator

Banned
good news: you're cool
bad news: ive gotten tired of cat girls and they're basically like the tackiest type of fanservice now (with a few exceptions)

Nah thats fine with me.
I just find it a bit odd that you have a catgirl avatar.
Silly uchip person.

Jintor

i-rRBNbj5-XL.jpg

215539431_rm82u-L-2.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
it can't be helped that she voices some of the best characters

I mean, I was an Omigawa fan long before I found out that it was apparently some sort of "thing" to like her. I originally heard her as Maka in Soul Eater and Jun in Natsu no Arashi, thought she was fine in both roles, that was that.

That's backwards. Her characters are amazing, yes amazing, but her real life voice is less so so in her case.

Still she's no Kobayashi. Voice rocks in any scenario and usually gets cast as a character I'd like anyways, what's not to like?

Nah, at least some of her characters wouldn't have been as interesting or endearing without her voice. Maka sounding like anything other than a scrawny, awkward girl wouldn't have been right. Hotori's warbly, annoying "idiot" voice was spot-on. The right voice is always necessary to bring out the essence of a character and, if anything, the industry desperately needs even more vocal diversity.

I hope, for instance, that Yoshitani Ayako has a bright future ahead of her after debuting as Urabe Mikoto in Mysterious Girlfriend X, but her career may already be over due to dumbshit otaku backlash over her husky voice. She's not voicing a single character this season if MAL is to be believed, which seems like a bad sign.

You're kidding right? Don't tell me you think Elena Peoples' eccentric otaku attitude is a positive addition to E7AO's plot.

I don't think he was referencing Elena specifically. wonzo's above the fray like that, hahah.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Naruto Shippuuden - 232

Girls night out episode. Kinda bummed that Sakura
didn't bring up Hinata's actions back in the Pain arc on why she went to aid Naruto. I didn't think it would happen, but it would've been an awesome opportunity for her to confide in her girlfriends about her love for him. Would've made for a hilarious scene.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The problem with Omigawa is while she has a distinctive voice, she's basically a one-hit wonder in terms of what she can do.

At the very least, she hasn't been asked to display any range whatsoever.

Narag

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 3

I could have spent the entire ep watching Yang talk to the television. That said, fuck the PKC.

Heroman 19 - 20
tumblr_m7a8qnWQxK1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Joey's strategy on the island was surprising
disengage and reengage Heroman to get out of the vines
. Really enjoy that, twenty was hilarious at times with Holly, Psy, and Joey in those disguises, but of course Holly does something facepalm enducing, definitely as awful as Lina in that regard, really dont see what Joey sees in these characters.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Joshiraku 02:

As I said last week, it’s virtually impossible to post impressions for this show because it’s entirely composed of dialogue, and I don’t want to picspam because it’s fairly meaningless and spoils the subject matter of the dialogue for others anyway. I think I’m just going to stop posting impressions for the series entirely.

Moyashimon Returns 02:

Well, I suppose that was slightly better than last week. The episode wasn't completely dominated by educational infodump, it didn't feel like a series of random scenes strung together, and there were at least a few flashes of the fun character interaction from the previous series. Still, it all felt kind of lifeless, and I'm not a fan of how the microbes have been further anthropomorphized outside of Microbe Theater.

The
fishing for girl pubes
scene was nasty. Sawaki hangs out with some real creepers.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Well I'd like to stick around after reading for so long. I was just reading before so it didn't matter if I was 6-10 pages behind. It might be tough to post and read now. I don't know how Duckroll and Hitokage moderate, reading this thread alone feels like a full time job. Maybe they do it traffic police style and if you want to post something kind of iffy you better hope they aren't running radar at the moment.
Oh, I just skim the thread. I look over every post made but not in a way that I spend any time actually reading it unless something catches my attention.

Somewhere, Hito is crying.
Why, yes, in fact, I did spontaneously tear up around that time today. :(

The problem with Omigawa is while she has a distinctive voice, she's basically a one-hit wonder in terms of what she can do.

At the very least, she hasn't been asked to display any range whatsoever.

From all the anime that I seen with her and realized it is her, my problem is that showing emotion doesn't mean make your voice as loud as you can.

Nafe

This alone is trouble.

Well 7Th and I don't agree on everything, which is only natural, I don't really have any problems with him. I thought the whole "blame 7Th" thing was people just joking around? I'm not as knowledgeable with staff members so I like his posts informing me on who's going to be working on what or how maybe a scene was animated or something. Am I missing something?

Nafe: what are your thoughts on the "cool" squad of AnimeGAF

Me
Pizzaroll
Nonoriri
Duckroll
7th

While we may not agree on everything I don't think I really have any problems with any of you guys. I'm pretty easy going although I don't see Nonoriri around much, just at the start of new threads for the traditional "Anime is doomed" type posts.

Awww dude. And you were going so well, too. :(

We can still be friends :( I'm sure we have some common ground somewhere.

Yeah, it's a shame but he swung for the fences at least.

Time to relentlessly mindbreak him until he disavows any admiration he may have held for Omigawa.

I'm surprised nobody has suggested School Days to me yet actually. I've already seen it though sorry.

That was me trying to be nice to a junior, man. Even I'm not cruel enough to lure the young and innocent into Shoujo Tsubaki...

Yeah I saw some posts about that last season I think. Looked pretty gross if I'm thinking of the right show. The one with the girl and the puppies right?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
While we may not agree on everything I don't think I really have any problems with any of you guys. I'm pretty easy going although I don't see Nonoriri around much, just at the start of new threads for the traditional "Anime is doomed" type posts.
Hey, you don't always haft to agree with someone to think they are a cool poster!
I disagree with pizzaroll on a lot of things for example

Narag

Symphogear 2

That palpable survivor's guilt. Explanation for everything was some bullshit and I was happier not knowing any of this stuff.

Uchip

Banned
Naruto Shippuuden - 232

Girls night out episode. Kinda bummed that Sakura
didn't bring up Hinata's actions back in the Pain arc on why she went to aid Naruto. I didn't think it would happen, but it would've been an awesome opportunity for her to confide in her girlfriends about her love for him. Would've made for a hilarious scene.

That actually pissed me off
Its like it never happened

at least the writers of Avatar had the balls to have characters kiss before the end of the entire show, you know, like people tend to do.
Shounen characters are all a-sexual.

Uchip

Banned
Well key characters in Naruto have kissed more than once though.

it must not have been important because I don't remember it.

wait....
sasuke accidentally kissing naruto

I see where this is going....

I felt it added a certain flair.
It enhanced the narrative in ways pleasing to my distinguished palate.

but she didn't say anything of worth :S

its kind of like the anime girl version of pikachu saying its own name over and over
and people like it because its cute

it must not have been important because I don't remember it.

wait....
sasuke accidentally kissing naruto

I see where this is going....

I think it was naruto kissing sasuke.

Who does the kissing is probably very important.

IhavenoideawhereI'mgoingwiththis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom