• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only regret is that I dont know much actual Japanese, so I cannot contribute in any way that actually brings a profit to the companies that make these things, but at least I can help to keep the US licensors afloat. In a much smaller way they help to bolster the industry, although indirectly. But still, it beats piracy.

the art style is Saki is REALLY pleasing.
Its just easy to look at.

You need to go in with a lot of supplement snacks and what not. ALOT OF YURI AND WAIFUS.

Firemind

I like Ocean Waves too. :(

Haven't seen Arriety yet, but Whisper of the Heart and The Cat Returns can match some of Miyazaki's and Takahata's more prolific works. They just have to find the right person. (That person was Kondo, but unfortunately he passed away. RIP)

NewFresh

But that's exactly what we're talking about. The movie is not that popular, and it's did very poorly as far as Ghibli shows go in the box office, and the home video sales aren't that hot either. All he has proven is that he is watering down the Ghibli brand.

So it's down to Miyazaki's WW2 film to save it....or Takahata's Bamboo Cutter....or that other unannounced movie that they bet it all on. Ok, I see what you are getting at.

I thought the first PV was a bit better, though main character is alright. Hopefully they give this one his own PV. Definitely > protagonist.
tumblr_m7b4y32o5W1qbxqfpo1_500.png

cajunator

Banned
Anime is such a niche interest kind of medium...Isnt it impossible to base it off of other more successful models? It will only ever interest a tiny fraction of the population worldwide.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Is it just me or do yall think that the Code;Breaker character designs looks particularly weird. Specifically the faces.

sonicmj1

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 2

This is fun. Hotori is really out of control.

ycmPN.jpg

How could she be so cruel?!

Comedies are hard to write posts about. Shaft seems to have taken its CG background savings and sunk it into exaggerated character animation. It makes things pretty fun to watch.

The cast expanded a lot this episode, which is cool. The show is just plain good times. Can't hate on that.

Hyouka 13

Speaking of expanding casts, faces are popping up everywhere in this episode. I agree that splitting up the Classics Club gives everyone a lot more room to shine. This arc has been excellent so far.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Moyashimon Returns 1

What did they do to the character designs. D:

Kei and Muto are the most butchered, but the other characters have all taken a hit as well.

mAcOdIn

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 2

This is fun. Hotori is really out of control.

Comedies are hard to write posts about. Shaft seems to have taken its CG background savings and sunk it into exaggerated character animation. It makes things pretty fun to watch.

The cast expanded a lot this episode, which is cool. The show is just plain good times. Can't hate on that.
The best character in Soredemo's yet to be introduced too so there's more to look forward to.

I'm also glad to see more people watching Moyashimon, another good series.

cajunator

Banned
I always see tails everywhere, and cat ears.
But you all knew that.

Also theres a big new box here with animu in it. Panty and Stocking, Ranma boxsets 6 and 7, Ano Hana (sorry), and Starship Operators.

Good stuff. Throw it on the backlog lol.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Naruto Shippuuden - 235

FMXlN.png

Probably one of the better looking filler characters I've seen in quite some time.

I had a few good laughs with this episode.

It angers the hell out of me that Naruto is still stuck on loving that useless Sakura. Let her go man.

Grzi

AAAAAAAAAARGH

Skipped 10 pages of the thread and I'm NOT looking back!
Tired of trying to keep up with everything, I keep staying behind and I can't post.

Anyway, my Power Stone marathon is nearing its end, and I really had fun with it. Watched the entire show (two more episodes to go) in two days for the sake of nostalgia, I have no idea how the show didn't bore me not even for a second.

e_i

Yuru Yuri ep 3

AKANE-NEE! Bwahahahahahahahah! Also, that cat screeching effect at the end of the episode is Akane sucking out its soul! Or something.

cajunator

Banned
AAAAAAAAAARGH

Skipped 10 pages of the thread and I'm NOT looking back!
Tired of trying to keep up with everything, I keep staying behind and I can't post.

Anyway, my Power Stone marathon is nearing its end, and I really had fun with it. Watched the entire show (two more episodes to go) in two days for the sake of nostalgia, I have no idea how the show didn't bore me not even for a second.

Somehow I keep up with every single page. Usually it means browsing a dozen new pages a day though.

Precure All stars new stage movie

Was surprisingly fun. Pretty much the whole movie was a fight, which is always fun. The cross character blending does seem to feel a bit more natural than before for some reason. I do wonder why these movies never have any budget while Toei's other annual movie thing (one piece) looks quite good every year. They probably just dump all the budget in the ending sequence ;P

Happy is quite adorable this movie compare to the show imo.

And yayoi being yayoi <3
iSHPZF49UrMCn.gif

cajunator

Banned
Precure All stars new stage movie

Was surprisingly fun. Pretty much the whole movie was a fight, which is always fun. The cross character blending does seem to feel a bit more natural than before for some reason. I do wonder why these movies never have any budget while Toei's other annual movie thing (one piece) looks quite good every year. They probably just dump all the budget in the ending sequence ;P

Happy is quite adorable this movie compare to the show imo.

And yayoi being yayoi <3
iSHPZF49UrMCn.gif

Why is Yayoi so awesome? WHY IS YAYOI SO AWESOME?

Ginga kickoff 15

footy drama stuff. I do love the whole 'we don't have time, focus on the twins' approach. Beats the typical 1 training arc, strongest team ever formula.

And have they even recycled footy animation yet? This show just keeps on impressing.

It does make the other hot sports show (kuroko) seem super low budget.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Ginga kickoff 15

footy drama stuff. I do love the whole 'we don't have time, focus on the twins' approach. Beats the typical 1 training arc, strongest team ever formula.

And have they even recycled footy animation yet? This show just keeps on impressing.

It does make the other hot sports show (kuroko) seem super low budget.

I think they use the same kick-off animation for every match, hahaha. But that's it.

cajunator

Banned
Sailor Moon 15

Rei <3 <3 <3

Rei goes on a little date.

Oh and theres some shit about a park and a youma, but we all know what's really important here.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Soredemo 2

Hotori is a great protagonist. Sadly the big gag of the episode fell flat for me because it was a kanji joke. :(

I always see tails everywhere, and cat ears.
But you all knew that.

Also theres a big new box here with animu in it. Panty and Stocking, Ranma boxsets 6 and 7, Ano Hana (sorry), and Starship Operators.

Good stuff. Throw it on the backlog lol.

Ah someone else got ano hana nice. Panty & Stocking was disastrous.

Naruto Shippuuden - 235

I had a few good laughs with this episode.

It angers the hell out of me that Naruto is still stuck on loving that useless Sakura. Let her go man.

Thats with one of my favorite opening animations
tumblr_lsntlhlEzA1r0478zo4_250.gif

tumblr_lsntlhlEzA1r0478zo5_250.gif

cajunator

Banned
Ah someone else got ano hana nice. Panty & Stocking was disastrous.

Thats with one of my favorite opening animations
tumblr_lsntlhlEzA1r0478zo4_250.gif

tumblr_lsntlhlEzA1r0478zo5_250.gif

I think a bunch of animeGAF got the Ano Hana boxset. Its so pretty.
The show has some good point in it, just that its really muddled up with a bunch of frivolous shit in between. Really loving the artwork throughout. Hopefully NISA didn't fuck something up in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom