• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saki Fin

aaand naturally the only way to end this show is to throw every single girl in the whole show into an open air bath.

Bluray release is odd, no fog of war, yet no nipples or anything. Watching mannequins talk about mahjong is quite odd.

Anyhow, been a fascinating ride of yuri, love, drama, (some mahjong), and more yuri. Good stuff.

And also:

etopen.jpg

It's baffling cajun hasn't watched this yet. It's totally his thing, in so many ways.

cajunator

Banned
I would disprove of Usagi :p

Ok, you have a point with Usagi, but some people like the dumb idiot type I guess. She annoys the hell out of me personally. But her friends <3

Saki Fin

aaand naturally the only way to end this show is to throw every single girl in the whole show into an open air bath.

Bluray release is odd, no fog of war, yet no nipples or anything. Watching mannequins talk about mahjong is quite odd.

Anyhow, been a fascinating ride of yuri, love, drama, (some mahjong), and more yuri. Good stuff.

And also:

Well, its on my list if that helps.
Show definitely got my attention.
I like Mahjong too. It does seem to be extremely :cajun

duckroll

Binbougami - Episode 2

I liked this episode way more than the first way. The gags were funnier and the direction on a whole was much more energetic. The parodies are pretty diverse, which makes it much more fun too. The fight at the end was pretty hilarious, and I -love- the way it ended. Totally random but *so good*. I hope the series keeps up this pace. After all, they seem self-aware that it is a 1-cour show, so they should step it up! The post-credits gags are pretty great too. Lol. :D

This shot is awesome:

uo0vH.jpg

survivor

Banned
Any opinions on Genji Monogatari Sennenki? I realized that it's what Aunt Tits is based on but I'm assuming this anime is more classy.

so there's a translation of another rant about working conditions floating around, but . . .

I thought the poster's comments on it after that were a bit more, um, interesting. lol.
Jeez, the whole industry sounds fucked. People buying more anime is not going to fix anything. No point in fueling a machine that needs to be scrapped and redesigned. However, assuming KyoAni and some of the other top companies are run much, much better, they at least deserve sales.

Grzi

Power Stone 1-26

Well, that was fun.
I think I watched this at the best possible time, because none of the obvious flaws this show has have bothered me. I enjoyed the Saturday morning cartoon feel of it and the only thing I really wish was improved was the animation. If it was a bit better I think the fights could've looked pretty neat. The premise of having these superhero type characters in a 19th century setting is something that's pretty unique and it gives the show a certain charm.
I liked the character designs a lot, I always thought that Capcom's simplistic SF Alpha-esque designs from the 90's were great and they really shine here, almost to the point of making me look past the crappy animation.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Power Stone 1-26

Well, that was fun.
I think I watched this at the best possible time, because none of the obvious flaws this show has have bothered me. I enjoyed the Saturday morning cartoon feel of it and the only thing I really wish was improved was the animation. If it was a bit better I think the fights could've looked pretty neat. The premise of having these superhero type characters in a 19th century setting is something that's pretty unique and it gives the show a certain charm.
I liked the character designs a lot, I always thought that Capcom's simplistic SF Alpha-esque designs from the 90's were great and they really shine here, almost to the point of making me look past the crappy animation.

I never knew this existed. Huh.

Branduil

Jeez, the whole industry sounds fucked. People buying more anime is not going to fix anything. No point in fueling a machine that needs to be scrapped and redesigned. However, assuming KyoAni and some of the other top companies are run much, much better, they at least deserve sales.

KyoAni is supposed to have great working conditions.

duckroll

Jeez, the whole industry sounds fucked. People buying more anime is not going to fix anything. No point in fueling a machine that needs to be scrapped and redesigned. However, assuming KyoAni and some of the other top companies are run much better, they at least deserve sales.

The problem is that it has been fucked for its entire existence. We're not talking about a new or current problem, but something that has been an issue for 40-50 years. Yet the industry is still around, and it is still operating the way it is, and the major players are still making enough money to continue producing anime. As long as this remains the case, there is no reason for these players to want to risk changing the entire industry in hopes of getting something better. Especially since the people who make the business decisions are not the people suffering in the industry. I don't see a solution.

KyoAni is supposed to have great working conditions.

Great working conditions in comparison to the general industry. But are they great working conditions in comparison to actual employment standards? I think it's something we need to consider very carefully, even when praising the great progressive sort of approach Ufotable and Kyoto Animation take in studio building.

Branduil

The problem is that it has been fucked for its entire existence. We're not talking about a new or current problem, but something that has been an issue for 40-50 years. Yet the industry is still around, and it is still operating the way it is, and the major players are still making enough money to continue producing anime. As long as this remains the case, there is no reason for these players to want to risk changing the entire industry in hopes of getting something better. Especially since the people who make the business decisions are not the people suffering in the industry. I don't see a solution.

A prolonged strike... yeah that's not going to happen.

duckroll

A prolonged strike... yeah that's not going to happen.

A prolonged strike from who though? The animators in Japan already feel threatened that their jobs can easily be replaced by overseas animator in Asia who cost even less. If they get together and strike, wouldn't that just ensure that they have no work left? No pay at all sounds even worse than shitty pay.

How the industry hasn't collapsed by now is fascinating. If it is indeed a mostly cultural problem, there definitely isn't an easy solution. Ideally the government should step in, but I am ignorant of the situation over there.
A prolonged strike from who though? The animators in Japan already feel threatened that their jobs can easily be replaced by overseas animator in Asia who cost even less. If they get together and strike, wouldn't that just ensure that they have no work left? No pay at all sounds even worse than shitty pay.
But are there enough animators in South Korea and elsewhere to fill the void? If all of the animators went on strike, surely the higher ups would freak out. It's not like they could transfer the workload overnight. Not to mention the issue of talent.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
But are there enough animators in South Korea and elsewhere to fill the void? If all of the animators went on strike, surely the higher ups would freak out. It's not like they could transfer the workload overnight. Not to mention the issue of talent.
All of these higher ups are going to freak out that they can't lose money making anime anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom