• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

In the article I linked above there are also links to Cindy H. Yamauchi's blog about her opinion on the low pay in the anime industry.

Part 1: http://www.animestylepro.com/index....:692009-janica-part-i&catid=14:blog&Itemid=87

Part 2: http://www.animestylepro.com/index....162009-janica-part-ii&catid=14:blog&Itemid=85

Part 3: http://www.animestylepro.com/index....82009-janica-part-iii&catid=14:blog&Itemid=85

I think it's a pretty good read, and it also explains from an animator's perspective why they don't see the industry as a "problem". Which is why there will never be a strike and serious reform.
Hmm, interesting.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Depends on what you rather do. Suffer through 300+ episodes of Bleach or 100+ episodes of Fairy Tail.

How long do you want your pain to last?

Roughly half of Bleach is perfectly watchable, though! I'll take an up-and-down experience over one that's consistently bad, regardless of length.

This license is quite golden. GOldenboy is one of my favorites and a true classic. It really does have a great overall story and message despite the absolutely silly and perverted look of it.

The manga just gets even more perverted after that. And a whole lot weirder...

cajunator

Banned
Sailor Moon 16

Usagi's Home Ec teacher is a little hottie. GODDAMN.

Anyway so the teacher is getting married and there is some sort of wedding dress contest. The perfect opportunity to cause more youma havoc.
Its thwarted once again by our intrepid Senshi. The end.

Oh yeah, and Queen Beryl's henchman drives a modded Ferrari Testarossa.

cajunator

Banned
Miki Sayaka figure just arrived :D
I8Vkl.jpg

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The ones that matter did! (except Kenpachi)

Keep saying that. I await the day in the manga where they finally reveal Unohana to be on a whole different level than the other captains once her Bankai unleashed, regardless of the fact that she's the captain of the healing squad. Behind that gentle smile is a quiet beast, I'm telling you!

Naruto Shippuuden - 240

Kiba be mad jealous. Damn!

He really is one of my least favorite characters in the series.

Keep saying that. I await the day in the manga where they finally reveal Unohana to be on a whole different level than the other captains once her Bankai unleashed, regardless of the fact that she's the captain of the healing squad. Behind that gentle smile is a quiet beast, I'm telling you!

That is pretty much the only real passing interest I have left in Bleach. I just want to know her's and pretty much all the other ignored Soul Society people.

Might explain why I keep picking up those Bleach databooks.

DiGiKerot

Accel World 14

In my continuing trend of watching bad anime today, yeah, this was terrible.

Blah, school scenes are so boring. So, so boring.

I secretly marathoned the show over the weekend (instead of watch those Horizon BDs I've had stacking up that I was supposed to be watching). You guys kind of make me feel bad for kind-of-genuinely liking the show, even when it's not all Brain Burst stuff.

I clearly have terrible taste.

I secretly marathoned the show over the weekend (instead of watch those Horizon BDs I've had stacking up that I was supposed to be watching). You guys kind of make me feel bad for kind-of-genuinely liking the show, even when it's not all Brain Burst stuff.

Clearly cause you weren't watching Horizon on glorious BD.

Dresden

It's okay, I genuinely like
the Brain Burst stuff
too.

Andrew J.

Horizon S2 02

Oh. My. God.

That little birdie wearing its little bowtie is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my entire life. Eeeee!

It's Chad, man.

tru, but he did also own the #1 Espada without the need for bankai. Though I'd chalk that up more to Kubo's inconsistency with the power levels more than Kyoraku's brokenness.

That is pretty much the only real passing interest I have left in Bleach. I just want to know her's and pretty much all the other ignored Soul Society people.

Might explain why I keep picking up those Bleach databooks.

I just want to see the Royal Guard already. I swear, I'll be so damn pissed if Kubo forgot about them. I mean just how powerful could they be if they're a step above even Yamamoto?

I just want to see the Royal Guard already. I swear, I'll be so damn pissed if Kubo forgot about them. I mean just how powerful could they be if they're a step above even Yamamoto?

Oh yes, I forgot about them too. Man, there's quite of a lot of potential just within Soul Society that's basically been swept under the rug at this point.

DiGiKerot

Clearly cause you weren't watching Horizon on glorious BD.

I made it up to the end of volume four - let me tell you, the real problem with Japanese BDs isn't the price, it's how often you have to get up to change the bloody disks!

So I ended up watching the first episode of Accel World, mostly because people were talking about the show in general here over the weekend, and somehow ended up watching through to episode 14 by the end of the same day. I think it's mostly because I didn't have to get off my arse to change disks. Way more lazy an experience.

Don't worry, I like almost all of it too. I'm genuinely interested in the stuff that goes on outside of Brain Burst. Though, that is pretty much all they talk about when not in the game anyway.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

I don't necessarily know that the Royal Guard are stronger than Yamamoto. Captain Hikifune was promoted under Yamamoto's tenure, right?

But Old man Yama, was barely strong...especially if even he needed to rely on Ichigo.

Clearly, being the leader of the Gotei 13 for a full millennium means nothing in the face of youthful determination.

cajunator

Banned
I made it up to the end of volume four - let me tell you, the real problem with Japanese BDs isn't the price, it's how often you have to get up to change the bloody disks!

So I ended up watching the first episode of Accel World, mostly because people were talking about the show in general here over the weekend, and somehow ended up watching through to episode 14 by the end of the same day. I think it's mostly because I didn't have to get off my arse to change disks. Way more lazy an experience.

Yeah the tiny number of episodes per disc for R2 seems like a total pain in the ass. R1 these days pack 4-6 episodes on a single dvd, although with a noticeable degradation of quality. Unless its bluray in which case the quality stays the same.

I don't necessarily know that the Royal Guard are stronger than Yamamoto. Captain Hikifune was promoted under Yamamoto's tenure, right?

Well logically, you would think a group that directly guards the king would be the best of the best, even above the leader of the group lower than them. Of course logic and implications mean nothing in the face of Kubo storytelling.

Yeah the tiny number of episodes per disc for R2 seems like a total pain in the ass. R1 these days pack 4-6 episodes on a single dvd, although with a noticeable degradation of quality. Unless its bluray in which case the quality stays the same.

Funimations nine or so one piece episodes per dvd...My naruto singles were 4-5 episodes on disc.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Same here.

Naruto Shippuuden - 241

Gai and Kakashi youth/present episode.

"Acorn?" Pfffft hahaha!

:( He's my favorite of the secondary cast. Beast style fang over fang is an awesome move, even more, in the flashbacks he was actually a good friend to Naruto.

Ha! Hinata will always be my favorite from the secondary cast. Shikamaru and Neji were pretty boss too.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well logically, you would think a group that directly guards the king would be the best of the best, even above the leader of the group lower than them. Of course logic and implications mean nothing in the face of Kubo storytelling.

You would think that, though there's never been any explanation of how succession to the position of Captain-Commander of the Gotei 13 works and whether or not it's an issue of seniority or strength. Yamamoto having never been promoted to Royal Guard after a thousand years seems pretty absurd, especially considering that he's been consistently described as "the strongest person in Soul Society" and has the loyalty of other veteran captains who held their position during Hikifune's time like Kyouraku and...uhh...tuberculosis guy.

Maybe he's just the Bleach equivalent of Captain Picard who continually refuses promotion to Admiral even though he's more qualified than any other person in the universe because he enjoys his current position too much.

Maybe he's just the Bleach equivalent of Captain Picard who continually refuses promotion to Admiral even though he's more qualified than any other person in the universe because he enjoys his current position too much.

I would imagine that would be the case, mostly cause probably his attachment to the school.

But, why apply logic to this!

You would think that, though there's never been any explanation of how succession to the position of Captain-Commander of the Gotei 13 works and whether or not it's an issue of seniority or strength. Yamamoto having never been promoted to Royal Guard after a thousand years seems pretty absurd, especially considering that he's been consistently described as "the strongest person in Soul Society" and has the loyalty of other veteran captains who held their position during Hikifune's time like Kyouraku and...uhh...tuberculosis guy.

I suppose. The fact this group has only been hyped up in a flashback arc doesn't help. We really need more information at this point. Though knowing Kubo, he didn't even have anything planned with them when the Turn Back the Pendulum arc happened and STILL might not.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I suppose. The fact this group has only been hyped up in a flashback arc doesn't help. We really need more information at this point. Though knowing Kubo, he didn't even have anything planned with them when the Turn Back the Pendulum arc happened and STILL might not.

At this point, I think I would actually prefer the passive hackery of Kubo never answering any of these questions over the active hackery of the revelations either being underwhelming or really, really terrible.

I'm going to eventually have to start writing Bleach fanfiction just for my own peace of mind, aren't I? :(

Articalys

So there's a new cm floating around for kyoani . . . hope there's a youtube link soon, I don't think I can link the other one.
Speaking of which, I just realized: this fall will mark the first time KyoAni's aired two shows in immediate succession since they went straight from Clannad After Story to the first season of K-On in spring 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom