• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
With crunchyroll adding two more shows today that brings us to 22 out the 28 new series this season being simulcast. I think that maybe a new record. Hopefully it isn't long till everything is being shown.

Kazzy

I feel bad for /XX/ when people don't respond to some of his posts :( I mean really, who doesn't like /XX/? Most times though I'm maybe not familiar with some of the staff or there's nothing I feel I can really add to the specific conversation. Don't worry /XX/ I still read all of them! :)

I'm pretty much the same, in that I know nothing really about the wider world of Anime. At least not enough to engage in any sort of meaningful conversation when the topic invariably crops up in here.

The extent of my knowledge is pretty much confined to the handful of shows that I've watched in the past year or so.

cajunator

Banned
so torn! i love tea and coffee equally....

1voGyl.gif

...however, blood-c's pull is much too strong. so team coffee it is!

I'm really torn too. On one hand, coffee gets me through many long nights at work. A great cup of non-burned freshly brewed coffee is nirvana. I also love frozen coffees, especially with caramel and whipped cream, or even coffee candy and coffee beans, which I eat frequently. ON the other hand, I love tea. I buy bottles of Ito En Oi ocha green tea, Sangaria jasmine tea, and oolong. I also drink brewed tea when its offered at any time, and I love bubble tea. It's pretty much dead even for me. As long as its all unsweetened. I will drink sweet tea or coffee but I dont like it as much.

Did someone say massive Fuuka upgrade?

RBljH.jpg

I said damn. I dont even know who it is. But it doesn't matter.

She has a really weird voice and way of singing, so it's not that hard to see.

Awwew. I love her voice. You should hear the singer for the OP to PetoPeto-san, specifically the song Kaerimichi.

Neogaf seemed to be down for hours for me yet looking at this thread it seems like nothing happened. Weird... I was going to respond to these earlier so I'll do that now then get catched up with the thread.

I also approve of this love for Rei.

As much as I promote my love for Rei and Minako I like all the girls.

Assuming all the girls come back for the new project, I hope Makoto gets more screen time as she seemed to kind of get pushed to the back burner. Many times she felt more like a support cast rather than a main cast. :(

I'll admit I found Usagi a bit annoying at the very beginning, mostly for the screaming and whining but I find she really grows over the series. All of the girls do really but Usagi the most.

Wow! You have more anime than I have DVDs total! I think I only have nine anime (ten if your one of the ones that counts Advent Children) and I think 33 DVDs total. I don't own any Blu-Rays of anything at all.

We can be friends.

The only thing Joshiraku and Bakemonogatari have in common is lots of talking.

This is true. The two really have nothing in common besides that. They couldn't be more different.

Oh yeah, sometimes when the servers are acting up it'll send some people errors but not others.

Oddly enough, sometimes when it goes down, I can still view and post using Chrome long after firefox has given up and gone home crying.

First Jojo TV anime key visual from Ultra Jump: https://twitter.com/kars_52/status/225630899826462723/photo/1/large

The art looks reaaaaaaally weird...

qFHaN.jpg

I see its using the font from Tsukuyomi Moonphase. The colors and background all look like a Tsukuyomi poster. Except the characters obviously. I don't see any cute vampire catgirls.

This is so appropriate. Awesome.

That poster looks really nice! Irisviel! <3 Too bad about the 8000 yen price point though...

I see. Has its popularity been pretty much constant and I just wasn't aware of/forgot about it? Did something with how it works change or just the increased popularity in social media sites like Facebook and Twitter led to a resurgence in popularity maybe?

I was around a small group of friends who were a couple of grades above me for a little over half of my school life/career so when they graduated it was a very "mono no aware" moment for me. I can totally 100% relate with how Azusa felt during those episodes.

I feel bad for /XX/ when people don't respond to some of his posts :( I mean really, who doesn't like /XX/? Most times though I'm maybe not familiar with some of the staff or there's nothing I feel I can really add to the specific conversation. Don't worry /XX/ I still read all of them! :)

I seem to remember this part where the really cool song Bara no Jubai kicks in and they make HanaIchigo jumping up and getting the letter in the post slot like this really epic moment lol.

Ah darn! I missed catching you before you watched this episode. I was going to tell you to pay attention to the doll monsters voice because it was voiced by Emi Shinohara who you'll hear later as Makoto/Sailor Jupiter. She also did the voice for that bat monster in Episode 6 (Ikuhara directed episode!) but I'm definitely lttp on that one.

A few of the seiyuu actually voice different characters. For example something you may or may not have picked up on is that Queen Beryl and Luna are voiced by the same person, Han Keiko.

You're cool. Also, the more you post, the more I can see goddess Minako.
Therefore, post away!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
http://gigazine.net/news/20120718-awaodori-poster-2012/

Holy shit. This is fucking awesome. Ufotable did a poster for this year's Tokushima Awa Dance Festival and it's a crossover poster featuring Fate/Zero characters on one side, and Tales Of characters on the other. FUCKING AWESOME!

http://i.imgur.com/URUpH.png[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nBWXT.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

If we get a clean, HD version of this, it'll probably end up being my wallpaper forever.

[quote="duckroll, post: 40005941"]First Jojo TV anime key visual from Ultra Jump: [url]https://twitter.com/kars_52/status/225630899826462723/photo/1/large[/url]

The art looks reaaaaaaally weird...

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qFHaN.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Looks better than the original.

[quote="Dedication Through Light, post: 40011805"][b]Steins;Gate dub[/b] [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izjHBax0PEw]Trailer[/url]
[img]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/599444_362732817132728_581264560_n.jpg[img]
Ill get it (blu ray). but I dont think Im a fan of Okabe's voice.[/QUOTE]

Region-locked trailers on this day and age make me sad.

[quote="cajunator, post: 40012074"]Welcome, on an incredible journey. Leave your brain at the door. Its safer.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking forward to not understanding anything!

Articalys

So, with today's announcements and other research, this is (I think) the very final version of the Summer simulcast schedule:

Sunday
CR - Jinrui wa Sutai Shimashita - 8:30am PDT
CR - La storia della Arcana Famiglia - 8:30am PDT
CR - Chitose Get You!! - 10am PDT
CR - Oda Nobuna no Yabou - 10am PDT
CR - Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse - 10:30am PDT
CR - Tari Tari - 6pm PDT

Monday
CR - Utakoi - 11am PDT
CR - YuruYuri&#9834;&#9834; - 11am PDT
FN - Hagure Yuusha no Estetica - 8:30pm PDT (11 days delayed)

Tuesday
CR - Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere II - 9am PDT (3 days delayed)
CR - Hakuoki Reimeiroku - 10:30am PDT (1.5 days delayed)

Thursday
CR - Moyashimon Returns - 10:35am PDT
CR - Natsuyuki Rendevous - 12:45pm PDT

Friday
FN - Binbougami ga! - 9:50am PDT (2 days delayed)
CR - Campione! - 10am PDT
CR - Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! - 8:30pm PDT (1 day delayed)

Saturday
CR - Kokoro Connect - 9:00am PDT
CR - Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai. - 11am PDT (9 days delayed)
CR - Dog Days' - 12:00pm PDT
CR - Sword Art Online - 2:30pm PDT

Legend:
CR = Crunchyroll
FN = Funimation

streaming availability may be subject to regional restrictions; don't blame me, I'm only the messenger

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yuru Yuri 1-2

So this is what it's like to be SDBurton. The downside to yuri goggles though is that things don't actually move beyond fantasy. :(

Also, I really don't like the HA JI MA RU YO type of open this show has. Makes me think of that Nanoha lift in Oreimo despite Nukunuku also doing it a while back.

You just want to see more Minako!
sinfulminako1_zpsd9376d8a.jpg

duckroll

So, with today's announcements and other research, this is (I think) the very final version of the Summer simulcast schedule:

Sunday
CR - Tari Tari - 6pm PDT

Monday
CR - Utakoi - 11am PDT
FN - Hagure Yuysha no Estetica - 8:30pm PDT (11 days delayed)

Tuesday

Thursday

Friday
FN - Binbougami ga! - 9:50am PDT

Saturday
CR - Dog Days' - 9:30am PDT
CR - Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai. - Saturday 11am PDT (9 days delayed)
CR - Sword Art Online - 1:30pm PDT

Legend:
CR = Crunchyroll
FN = Funimation

streaming availability may be subject to regional restrictions; don't blame me, I'm only the messenger

I like this. We should have something like this as a permanent fixture in the OPs. I think it'll be pretty helpful.

Sunday
CR - Tari Tari - 6pm PDT

Monday
CR - Utakoi - 11am PDT
FN - Hagure Yuysha no Estetica - 8:30pm PDT (11 days delayed)

Tuesday

Thursday

Friday
FN - Binbougami ga! - 9:50am PDT

Saturday
CR - Dog Days' - 9:30am PDT
CR - Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai. - Saturday 11am PDT (9 days delayed)
CR - Sword Art Online - 1:30pm PDT

Legend:
CR = Crunchyroll
FN = Funimation

That's pretty helpful seeing how many damn shows I have to watch each day.

The length of some of those delays is pretty laughable though. Funi's delay for Hagure isn't really anything new for them but Crunchy delaying H ga Dekinai by 9 days is pretty odd.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ebiten

D8kXIl.jpg

Oh, I see. That's how it's going to be, eh?

LvXgA.jpg

Random Saint Seiya reference.

pJl5Cl.jpg

Ah, it's an idol vehicle. That makes sense, especially after that fake "too hot for TV" lesbian thing. Also, I thought people only did that with Pocky in anime!

Articalys

I like this. We should have something like this as a permanent fixture in the OPs. I think it'll be pretty helpful.
Heh, I actually seized post #6 in this thread for that sort of purpose, to get something like it near the OP for people to reference. I was going to ask whoever made OT2 if they wouldn't mind finding some room to squeeze it in the new OP anyway.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yuru Yuri 1-2

So this is what it's like to be SDBurton. The downside to yuri goggles though is that things don't actually move beyond fantasy. :(

I think you need a new pair. I literally see the fantasy unfolding before my very eyes. A panda gave them to me.

That's pretty helpful seeing how many damn shows I have to watch each day.

The length of some of those delays is pretty laughable though. Funi's delay for Hagure isn't really anything new for them but Crunchy delaying H ga Dekinai by 9 days is pretty odd.

I always wonder on whose end are the delays caused by, jpn or just the us studios :/

cajunator

Banned
Which battle is that?

Tea vs Coffee. Both are god-tier beverage choices.

I drink about a pot a day if I can help it.

I can go through a pot of coffee at work. However because I'm usually so busy I cant get up to get a cup often, I brew it, leave the pot on the side so it doesnt burn, and then microwave the rest if theres any.

Yuru Yuri 1-2

Also, I really don't like the HA JI MA RU YO type of open this show has. Makes me think of that Nanoha lift in Oreimo despite Nukunuku also doing it a while back.

I don't understand what you're talking about here.

Nafe

I stopped caring about how others rank the keions so long as they keep Moogi and Ritsu on top. People who don't do that are clearly bad people.

Mio is personally my favorite. While she's not exactly like me I'd say she's probably the closest to my perssonality.

We're not getting off on the right foot are we? To make up for it Tyrion Lannister was probably my favorite character of season two of Game of Thrones. He seriously carried much of the season alone imo.

who wouldn't want a yayoi cake?

I kind of would but then I'd feel bad for knifing her in the face too...

Tea VS. Coffee. Fight!

Iced Tea is my favorite drink. I should maybe be on team love and peace though as I really haven't tried coffee. Actually I don't live in the US and was there in summer 2008 or something just touring and shopping and tried the Iced Tea and it's Awful! I need my Iced Tea sweetened.

Did someone say massive Fuuka upgrade?

http://i.imgur.com/RBljH.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Fuuka's design definitly looks much improved, although I never really hated her character to begin with.

[quote="Watanabe Kazuma, post: 40004493"]There is a joke in there somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Having read the thread for so long I'm definitely familiar with its cyclical nature but I wasn't really joking about that or trying to insult anybody.

[quote="dakkumauji, post: 40004984"]Heartfelt Cry is my favorite track in the whole game. That intro is soooo good.[/QUOTE]

I love that song too! Intro is definitely the best. I was actually watching Gundam 00 at the time I was in those battles so whenever I switched [spoiler]Metis[/spoiler] into Orgia mode all I could think of was [B]Trans Am![/B].

Okay I have to go for now, I'll catch up some more in a bit.

cajunator

Banned
Mio is personally my favorite. While she's not exactly like me I'd say she's probably the closest to my perssonality.

We're not getting off on the right foot are we? To make up for it Tyrion Lannister was probably my favorite character of season two of Game of Thrones. He seriously carried much of the season alone imo.

I kind of would but then I'd feel bad for knifing her in the face too...

Iced Tea is my favorite drink. I should maybe be on team love and peace though as I really haven't tried coffee. Actually I don't live in the US and was there in summer 2008 or something just touring and shopping and tried the Iced Tea and it's Awful! I need my Iced Tea sweetened.

Mio is pretty awesome. Not a bad choice there.

I feel the same about Yayoi on a cake. I just couldn't bear to mess it up and it would go bad. Or I would cut around the picture and just eat the outside portion and leave the heathens to do their unspeakable work.

As for iced tea, particularly sweetened, in the US you need to be in the deep south for the best sweet tea. Southern sweet tea is pretty fucking awesome, and I say that as a non-sweet tea drinker.

Thoraxes

I can go through a pot of coffee at work. However because I'm usually so busy I cant get up to get a cup often, I brew it, leave the pot on the side so it doesnt burn, and then microwave the rest if theres any.
You should invest in a carafe or thermos. It keeps the glorious fresh-brewed taste and hotness alive for hours. When I make mine, I usually pour one cup, and throw the rest in my carafe, and then keep that by my desk for refills.

/XX/

You are nice, Nafe, you are really nice!

I don't see a problem with not getting responses as long as people here obtain some information from time to time and I can provide it (although Articalys does a better job at this). Apart from some scarce personal impressions much of the time what I post is pure, non-opinionated information so it doesn't require replies like many topics more apt for a debate do.

I'm pretty much the same, in that I know nothing really about the wider world of Anime. At least not enough to engage in any sort of meaningful conversation when the topic invariably crops up in here.

The extent of my knowledge is pretty much confined to the handful of shows that I've watched in the past year or so.
I'm not an expert in the sense that I mainly act as a bridge here, and learn at the same time as everyone with many of the things I post. Sometimes I won't keep up with the rhythm of the thread and its discussions for various reasons (mainly the language barrier), so sharing things is the best I can do.

cajunator

Banned
You should invest in a carafe or thermos. It keeps the glorious fresh-brewed taste and hotness alive for hours. When I make mine, I usually pour one cup, and throw the rest in my carafe, and then keep that by my desk for refills.

Oh shit, youre right. I have like 5 thermoses in my room. I totally forgot about those >_
I'm a silly person.

NewFresh

I always look forward to reading what he posts and responding when appropriate. I think he knows he's loved around these parts...or at least I hope he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom