• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Fresh Precure from where ever I was to 14
The bad:
Ep 13
No Toei, I do not want to watch an episode about
Chiffon, the useless fairy, having constipation.
What a bad episode.

Ep 11

Miyuki went absolutely ballistic, completely out of character for her. I assumed from the start that it was just Eas trying to break their friendship, but it was actually Miyuki herself? WTF, Toei.

The good:

the rest of the episodes, the wig episode in particular had some funny gags
like both Buki and her father getting the same kind of wig
and some very nice animation.

Also, I have no idea who
the fourth Precure could possibly be! Oh wait, it's going to be Eas. :p

cajunator

Banned
I would say you aren't strong enough to make it through, but you got through Acchi Kocchi, so you can basically survive any show in terms of :Cajun.

I made it through 70 episodes of Cardcaptor Sakura. I am battle worn and experienced. I can handle any form and level of CUTE you can conjure up and throw at me.

cajunator

Banned
why the fuck do they region lock fucking trailers of all things?

This is something I will never understand either. There is no money to be made or lost if someone from another country decides to watch a preview video of something. Its idiocy of the highest level.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm going to assume it is painful for my British ears to listen to and live with that reasoning. It's up to Funimation to try and prove me wrong.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Funny as I precisely commenced posting this 'team wars' because I remembered the conversation about coffee you initiated some days ago (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=39872497#post39872497). The reason why you are the first on the Team Coffee list, you instigator.

Hah, I didn't even see that list until just now. If more people drank pour over coffee they'd be on team coffee too! At least get a Melitta you heathens, it's like 10 bucks for a life time of delicious, flavorful coffee.

Coffee and hentai. Extollere is a man's man.

I'm actually drinking coffee and looking at hentai right now! Well... that's hardly surprising. I should probably get back to drawing in a bit...

cajunator

Banned
I'm going to assume it is painful for my British ears to listen to and live with that reasoning. It's up to Funimation to try and prove me wrong.

Its painful for my delicate American ears to listen to some forms of the Queen's English, but I do it for the love of the humor.

Defuser

Judging by the posts about the dub without me watching the trailer due to region lock, it seems to me BG music is louder to hide the awful embrassing dub.

cajunator

Banned
Hah, I didn't even see that list until just now. If more people drank pour over coffee they'd be on team coffee too! At least get a Melitta you heathens, it's like 10 bucks for a life time of delicious, flavorful coffee.

I'm actually drinking coffee and looking at hentai right now! Well... that's hardly surprising. I should probably get back to drawing in a bit...

If it inspires you to draw something, make sure it has nekomimi.

Well, that's a bloody good dub right there ol chap.

Articalys

Phi Brain S2 15

Good lord that was a terrible episode. How did this season start off so well then quickly turn to garbage?

Well, next week looks interesting, at least.

Novid

Banned
Part of the reason for the region lock on the promotional ad is that it shows the date when the thing is being sold. i.e. its to prevent reverse importation.

NewFresh

<3

Novid

Banned
Funi shouldnt be allowed anywhere close to a new dub of Sailor Moon. If anything the franchise has deserved first billing (they were planning a movie but Toei shot them down so many times your head will spin), that means you get C to B level hollywood actors doing the voices and one major TV studio (Sony, Warners, Cookie Jar or Saban even) to do the dub inhouse. IMO of course.

That, and pretty much Funi would spend 75% of there yearly budget funding promotion alone. It would be a disaster of epic porportions.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Part of the reason for the region lock on the promotional ad is that it shows the date when the thing is being sold. i.e. its to prevent reverse importation.

Can't have the Brits potentially importing it since it may cause the zero domestic copies available to go unsold.

cajunator

Banned
this is the single dumbest reason i've ever heard

Its a dumb reason, but what else explains it?

Funi shouldnt be allowed anywhere close to a new dub of Sailor Moon. If anything the franchise has deserved first billing (they were planning a movie but Toei shot them down so many times your head will spin), that means you get C to B level hollywood actors doing the voices and one major TV studio (Sony, Warners, Cookie Jar or Saban even) to do the dub inhouse. IMO of course.

That, and pretty much Funi would spend 75% of there yearly budget funding promotion alone. It would be a disaster of epic porportions.

The dub itself isnt usually the problem. I dont have a problem with characters sounding different as long as it still fits that character. What I have a problem with is CHANGING THE MEANING OF WHAT IS SAID. Also the editing and cutting of certain things completely changes the context of a scene, often making it less impactful.

wonzo

Banned
Go Blame The Japanese Bankers, There Otaku Sons (who are rich) and Sony for letting Funi touch there shit...again.
no, i mean the fact that you'd actually think they'd region lock a trailer because of an announcement date is so hilariously stupid it beggars belief

Her dub voice ruined any likeability
could not for the life of her pronounce anything Japanese

I thought it was more of her lack of emotion for most scenes.

Amusing enough, Fuuka sounds a lot better in the Answer and the new scenes in P3P where they redubbed it.

cajunator

Banned
No. Funi dubs are almost always garbage with the same recycled actors who can't find work anywhere else.

Isnt this true of seiyuu as well?

A voice is a voice. If they put effort into voicing a character I dont really care how it sounds.
Unless it is replacing Kana Hanazawa, Chiaki Omigawa, or Haruko Momoi's voice. Then the english dub can go to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom