• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagami

Some of the character designs are a bit funky. Japanese character designers should probably stay away from doing ethnic characters. >_>
I remember big, red-haired physically strong women being a thing back then.
Like Kanna in Sakura Taisen and Forte in Galaxy Angel.
Seems to have faded away these days.
I guess Risty in Queen's Blade is kind of like that, although she doesn't really stand out amongst that cast.

I don't quite get it.
Hah hah, sorry. Just my image of AnimeGAF being creepy while you look on disapprovingly.

Novid

Banned
Too bad she is such a poor character.

The voice actors are not solely to blame, part of the blame belongs to the directors.

which those directors should be plumbing sewer systems and sweeping streets. They should be nowhere NEAR a mastering tape. (or a "digital" master copy)

trejo

Alright, time for me to finally watch some of these newfangled current animus everyone keeps going on about so go ahead and lay it on me bros. What's awful and what is slightly less awful this season?

So far my to-watch list consists of:

Yuru Yuri Season 2
Yuri no Lagrange Season 2

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Alright, time for me to finally watch some of these newfangled current animus so go ahead and lay it on me bros. What's awful and what is slightly less awful this season?

Yuru Yuri Season 2

Awful: SAO.
Slightly less awful: Oda Nobuna.

cajunator

Banned
I guess Risty in Queen's Blade is kind of like that, although she doesn't really stand out amongst that cast.

Hah hah, sorry. Just my image of AnimeGAF being creepy while you look on disapprovingly.

If this discussion is what it takes to mention Sakura Wars or Galaxy angel, then so be it.

I kind of picture myself as the weird girl in the center right there. Except I'm not a girl. but I could fool a few people probably >_>

Admittedly, it's been a few years since I played the game. I remember her being a total jerk with daddy issues.

Most of her daddy issues problems only arise midway into the game, for a pretty good reason.

She's average in the main part of the game, it's only in the epilogue where people usually start really hating her.

I disliked her for being so undiversed in battle though.

Huh, Kanna has darker skin too.

Alright, time for me to finally watch some of these newfangled current animus everyone keeps going on about so go ahead and lay it on me bros. What's awful and what is slightly less awful this season?

Yuru Yuri Season 2

Best show of the season: Binbougami ga
Trashy show of the season: So I Can't Fuck her (Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai)
Stuff Happening show of the season: Horizon season 2
MMO show of the season: Accel World (but Sword Art Online is good too)
Canine thing of the season: Dog Dads'

wonzo

Banned

Yuru Yuri Season 2
Binbougami ga!
Humanity Has Declined
Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Joshiraku
Tari Tari

Yuru Yuri Season 2

Binbougami ga and Muv Luv are close to the bottom of the barrel anime this season.

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, Arcana Famigilia, and Kokoro Connect are best of the season.

pretty sure that wasnt an option

cPLuK.jpg

The dog is always an option.

Novid

Banned
Confession. (NOT of the dark kind)

The only subbed series i watched was Baka No Test. Both seasons (Funi, Toonzaki, Hulu) any other anime i bought dubbed (and its a very small list)

Defuser

You can't go wrong with binbougami-ga!

Catchy OP
Awesome ED
Hnnngzawa as the MC
Masashi Hamauzu composing
Gintama director and studio

Narag

Koutetsu Jeeg 3

Well now, the Great Jama Kingdom from Kotetsu Jeeg seems to be far more competent than the Dinosaur Empire from Getter Robo. Big robot giving you trouble? Attack directly with a giant floating fortress rather than attacking an friggin' unrelated island populated by fifty people. Well that's what I thought anyhow at the onset. Instead they possessed a soccer ball that promised a child it'd increase his ability so he says fuck it and plays basketball with it.

So far this seems like it's maintaining a larger, overarching plot with events alluded to in the previous episode taking place in the current. I figured this would be mostly episodic and it still might be though. I'm certainly able to get into it more than some other older stuff I've watched and I don't know if it's because I watched Koutetsushin Jeeg and it's nice to see the spirit of the original was carried over or if it's just a testament to the quality of the show. (Or maybe it's that sweet funky soundtrack.)

Not sure if you can strangle a giant robot but let's try anyhow to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom