• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
As you can see, there is full yuri in Stratos 4 and Sora no Woto. :p

K-Ops: The Moe. Starring Nolan North as Mio Walker, a Delta Force captain on a mission to find out what happened to K-onrad.

Back when I first watched Stratos 4 I thought it was going to be a show like Planetes ended up being. When THAT happened I was like O_O
Very nice. Very nice indeed.

Nafe

Oh, did zeroshiki claim red? lol

Speaking of Zeroshiki, am I remebering right that you said he wouldn't be visiting the thread anymore? That's really too bad if true. Now whenever I get around to finally watching bungaku shoujo we won't be able to talk about it together. :(

The extremely cheap boss encounters were my main knock against it (reflecting their own weakness!), but I didn't mind that it was essentially one huge dungeon, albeit one that was book-ended by an eventful narrative.

I found the bosses in The Answer to be so cheap they were more in the vein of "fake difficulty". I could use the exact same strategy and one time get clobbered, the next win no problem. I don't mind difficult games but I hate fake difficulty. I often don't play games on the hardest option anymore because they often seem to suffer from this where you have to out cheap the AI by exploiting some programming oversight.

Welcome, on an incredible journey. Leave your brain at the door. Its safer.

Utena's not that bad to follow. Especially in the end most things are either explained directly or at least heavily inferred. If you still don't get some of the themes then watch the movie because it pretty much hits you over the head with them.

Mawaru Penguindrum on the other hand still seems rather open ended and vague on a lot of its plot points.

The first time was supposed to be special.

It turns out I did already respond to you regarding 7Th. Here's a self quote. Whether you thinks its special or not we'll see...

Well 7Th and I don't agree on everything, which is only natural, I don't really have any problems with him. I thought the whole "blame 7Th" thing was people just joking around? I'm not as knowledgeable with staff members so I like his posts informing me on who's going to be working on what or how maybe a scene was animated or something. Am I missing something?

You just want to see more Minako!

Now we just need to see her and the gang on Blu-Ray.

You are nice, Nafe, you are really nice!

I don't see a problem with not getting responses as long as people here obtain some information from time to time and I can provide it (although Articalys does a better job at this). Apart from some scarce personal impressions much of the time what I post is pure, non-opinionated information so it doesn't require replies like many topics more apt for a debate do.

Thank you very much. I'm someone who thinks you can be nice and don't think the internet is some sort of digital wild west where you have a "who cares it's the internet" type attitude.

I agree with your opinion on how to respond to posts. I too really enjoy Articalys's posts. He's always got really interesting pieces of trivia and news in most of his posts. I kind of like your style of bolding peoples names too so I might have to adopt that style if it's okay? (and if I remember)

I see your edited post about the beverage wars. As a detective I feel it's best to hear both sides of the story before coming to decisions.

I....I need that

You asked
XO9o5.jpg

I'm not sure what worse, a fly in your soup or that! They could of at least taken the stingers off. Don't tell me the poison is a "cream filling"...

wonzo

Banned
Is the show turning out ok then? I keep telling myself I'll get caught back up and each week I put it off to the next.
It has its moments like last weeks episode and the animation can be pretty good at times but otherwise it's kinda dull.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'd play that game so long as there are no QTEs.
It will have cuties! (kuyTEs?)

Back when I first watched Stratos 4 I thought it was going to be a show like Planetes ended up being. When THAT happened I was like O_O
Very nice. Very nice indeed.
It's still very hard scifi, like Gunbuster. At the very least, it seems that way given that I don't know anything about launching space craft into orbit. lol

Tea made me vomit once, so I can never forgive or forget.
What was wrong with the tea?

Speaking of Zeroshiki, am I remebering right that you said he wouldn't be visiting the thread anymore? That's really too bad if true. Now whenever I get around to finally watching bungaku shoujo we won't be able to talk about it together. :(
GAF is banned at his workplace for some reason.

cajunator

Banned
Utena's not that bad to follow. Especially in the end most things are either explained directly or at least heavily inferred. If you still don't get some of the themes then watch the movie because it pretty much hits you over the head with them.

Now we just need to see her and the gang on Blu-Ray.

Thank you very much. I'm someone who thinks you can be nice and don't think the internet is some sort of digital wild west where you have a "who cares it's the internet" type attitude.

I agree with your opinion on how to respond to posts. I too really enjoy Articalys's posts. He's always got really interesting pieces of trivia and news in most of his posts. I kind of like your style of bolding peoples names too so I might have to adopt that style if it's okay? (and if I remember)

I'm not sure what worse, a fly in your soup or that! They could of at least taken the stingers off. Don't tell me the poison is a "cream filling"...

Utena's easy to follow, its just so BIZARRE. Your brain will hurt if you try to make logical sense of it all.

ALso, I post here like I do in real life. I'm pretty sure I'd get temp-banned too in real life if it had such things.

As for the scorpion candy, they remove the stingers. Oh, and my Mom just now gave me a piece of ant candy. It looks like this:
V60yF.jpg

I'll eat it tonight sometime.

Ritsu is adorable. She would make a good (but silly) Juliet.

Tea made me vomit once, so I can never forgive or forget.

That must have been bad tea. Sometimes it gets hot or passes expiration and grows nasty stuff. Gotta be careful and drink it fresh.

Narag

Sekiei Ayakashi Mangatan

This is a short (three 5 minute eps) ONA about an artist that paints demons. A young girl afflicted with a cursed kimono goes to see him for help. It's short, straight to the point, and was surprisingly decent. Not a bad way to kill 15 minutes all told.

Sadly, it has something of an ugly feel to it.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I don't think you'll be disappointed. Especially with one particular scene later on...
It has one of my favorite opening themes too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiS-WKAhKWo

R.I.P. Ritsuko Okazaki

Alright, I'll give it a go soon.

As you can see, there is full yuri in Stratos 4 and Sora no Woto. :p

I'm putting my trust into you and Cajun.

Battle Athletes - 03

Finally! While the confession is from some random girl, random yuri is yuri nonetheless!

cajunator

Banned
It's still very hard scifi, like Gunbuster. At the very least, it seems that way given that I don't know anything about launching space craft into orbit. lol

Yeah Stratos 4 really is hard sci-fi. That's what interested me in it originally (plus the cute).
I also just got a boxset of Starship Operators, which I'm told is decent hard sci-fi as well.

It's still worse than A-Channel!
So you're still crazy, then? Too bad. :)

Battle Athletes - 01

So, I was browsing around last night looking for more shows that had yuri and stumbled across this. The setting is an all-girls academy with the purpose of training these young women to become phenom athletes and participate in a competition to earn the title 'Cosmo Beauty'.

Yuri + Competition = Awesome

I watched the first episode dubbed along with the english subtitles just to see how different they were and I found the dub to be far more entertaining. Will keep watching to see how it develops.
Huh, sounds like it might be okay.

Milky Holmes 10

vjicp.gif

Not a bad episode. Really liked the game show exam. Fun all around.
Indeed, it's a great series.

The villains side story wasn't bad. Just boobs, legs and figure of course.

The ending was pretty downer but I was ok with that.
Based by how often they are basically goofing around, it was about time for reality to burn their house down.
On that last point, yeah, they earn their punishments well.

Milky Holmes and Saki. Two shows with all the right :Cajun ingredients that I have not yet sampled for some strange reason.
Two of my favorite recent :cajun-heavy series, and you still haven't watched either one. Ah well, I'm sure you will eventually.

Any show that compares favorably to Taisho Baseball Girls is a show I want to watch.
I dont like baseball much but that show was a joy to watch. Princess nine seems to have pretty good music too.
Yes, it is that good. Add it to your list soon! It's great fun to watch. Of course it helps that I love baseball, but it's good beyond that too I think.

How thick do my yuri goggles have to be for me to enjoy Stratos 4?
I haven't watched Stratos 4, but you probably would need some yuri goggles for Sora no Woto. It's an absolutely incredible series and was my favorite of 2010, but it's not that yuri... do watch it, though. I'm sure you'll manage to find something. :)

As for Stratos 4, as I said I haven't seen it, but that's something I've thought I might want to watch sometime. Is it good?

cajunator

Banned
Two of my favorite recent :cajun-heavy series, and you still haven't watched either one. Ah well, I'm sure you will eventually.

Yes, it is that good. Add it to your list soon! It's great fun to watch. Of course it helps that I love baseball, but it's good beyond that too I think.

I haven't watched Stratos 4, but you probably would need some yuri goggles for Sora no Woto. It's an absolutely incredible series and was my favorite of 2010, but it's not that yuri... do watch it, though. I'm sure you'll manage to find something. :)

As for Stratos 4, as I said I haven't seen it, but that's something I've thought I might want to watch sometime. Is it good?

Well, it starts off hard-sci fi with the girls being meteor sweepers, which is the junior equivalent of comet blasters, who protect the earth from comets by literally blowing them apart, and leaving the meteor sweepers to clean it up on the ground. They aspire to become like the comet blasters. Its slice of life, but I was actually taken by surprise at first by the yuri. You'll see why if you watch it. It has a pretty awesome reason too.

Being 3D is suffering. D:

Not only are real women 3D, but so are their personalities. Too complex for my liking.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm putting my trust into you and Cajun.
I think you should watch Sora no Woto first since it's the better show, but oh well. :p
I would say you should watch Aria as well, but that's probably too normal for you. lol

Yeah Stratos 4 really is hard sci-fi. That's what interested me in it originally (plus the cute).
I also just got a boxset of Starship Operators, which I'm told is decent hard sci-fi as well.
The 80s/90s model to make hard scifi work in anime - add a lot of moe.

Goddamn it. Now I hate to like QTEs on principle. >>;
lol

Press X to Mugi.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Okay, yeah I'm actually not sure how many ost's and singles there are for sailor moon but I'm sure there's a wiki for that somewhere. I hear the musicals have a few songs unique to them so if there are any soundtracks for those then I have a lot of music I still haven't heard.
There are a ton, but a lot is also duplicated. For example, you don't really need all the various OP/ED collections. You'll pretty much have everything minus some karaoke and dialogue tracks with the following...

BGM:
Sailor Moon Memorial Music Box
Sailor Moon Music Collection Extra Version
(Note: some BGM tracks, like what plays at the start of ep 150, are simply not available on soundtrack)

Vocal albums:
Sailor Moon Memorial Song Box
Sakurakko Club - La Soldier single
Sailor Moon R Maiden's Poems Collection
Sailor Moon S UNC Plus
Sailor Moon Sailor Stars Merry Christmas
Sailor Moon Supers Christmas For You
Sailor Moon Supers in Paris
Sailor Moon Choral (the one by Society of Kalmia)
(Note: first Stars ED is not available on disc)

Misc instrumental:
Sailor Moon Music Fantasy
Sailor Moon Brass Fantasy
Sailor Moon R Symphonic Poem
Sailor Moon S Music Fantasy
Sailor Moon Supers Orgel Fantasia
Sailor Moon Supers Piano Fantasia

Games OSTs:
Sailor Moon Game Music
Sailor Moon R Game Music
Sailor Moon S Game Music
Sailor Moon S Game Music PSX/Saturn Version
Sailor Moon Another Story

Drama albums:
Sailor Moon Sound Drama Collection 1 (Ikuhara directed!)
Sailor Moon Sound Drama Collection 2 (Ikuhara directed!)
Sailor Moon Sound Drama Collection 3 (Ikuhara directed!)
Sailor Moon R Sound Drama Collection 1
Sailor Moon R Sound Drama Collection 2
Sailor Moon S Sound Drama Collection

Live action:
PGSM DJ Moon 1
PGSM DJ Moon 2
PGSM DJ Moon 3
PGSM Moonlight Real Girl

Plus some Musical albums I've never really gone into.

I like Kotono Mitsuishi's voice when doing Juri from Utena. I was quite surprised when I found out that Juri and Usagi were voiced by the same person. I still can't believe it really haha.
Her success in the roles of Usagi in Sailor Moon and Misato in Evangelion made her really damn prominent during the mid 90s. Then you also have the role of Excel from Excel Saga which literally injured the vocal chords of the dub actress who first tried to fill in.

Okay I see. Well I see a lot of people talking about the english version and it's been long enough I only really remember one very minor change(not dealing with Chibiusa) so maybe there's some kind of change to her character I've forgotten about? Although even in AnimeGaf I see comments about people not liking child characters.
I'd honestly never endorse watching Sailor Moon in english. It's taken enough abuse in that language. :(

cajunator

Banned
Sailor Moon 20

This episode made up for the shitty last one.
Fun episode here. Lots of Cute, Rei being a badass, and Usagi being a crying little bitch.
I hope Hito's right about her growing out of it because DAMN.

Narag

Sailor Moon 20

This episode made up for the shitty last one.
Fun episode here. Lots of Cute, Rei being a badass, and Usagi being a crying little bitch.
I hope Hito's right about her growing out of it because DAMN.

Usagi's growth is one of the best parts.

Narag

Sailor Moon SuperS 133

Poor Artemis.
About time someone confronts Luna for mistreating such a bro.

Of course as soon as I think that,
Diana shows up. Aw yeah, I knew about her but I didn't know how she'd be introduced. That crazy future.
Shit is too good especially when we get some Minako action too. :lol Such amazing trolling all around.

p20ZZl.png

Luna being, well, catty.

39V0Wl.png

J5C4hl.png

Episode had that great silly feel of early on.

cajunator

Banned
Sailor Moon SuperS 133

Poor Artemis.
About time someone confronts Luna for mistreating such a bro.

Of course as soon as I think that,
Diana shows up. Aw yeah, I knew about her but I didn't know how she'd be introduced. That crazy future.
Shit is too good especially when we get some Minako action too. :lol Such amazing trolling all around.

That seems like such a loooooong way from where I'm at :(

It looks pretty awesome though.
Ca't wait for the formula to change up a bit and get some plot going.
But I'm only on episode 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom