• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Its not for everybody. Its one of the slowest animes I have seen, although I like it when in certain moods.
I don't think it's all that slow even!

Hokuto no Ken: Legend of Heroes

2007 6 minute 3D CG short depicting Raoh and Kenshiro's final fight, it kinda sucks. On one hand, it's Hokuto and manly, on the other it has obnoxious "in your face" 3D moments, looks like an overwrought video game cutscene, and ultimately feels like some sort of proof of concept piece. Just because you can doesn't mean you should etc.
This looks like a wonzo special.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm just arguing in his own terms, man. We all know that the true measure of a good character is the amount of sakuga scenes he or she gets.
ANIKI ~
I think him in Omega is an interesting interpretation of the guy. Giving him a more sympathetic character rather than the asshat bully he used to be. It kind of makes me think of Baron Ashura's character in Shin Mazinger compared to old Mazinger. It's a different approach that I don't think is inherently bad.
WELL THEY CERTAINLY DIDN'T DO A GOOD JOB PORTRAYING THAT TODAY
Instead of sympathetic he just came across as a loser with an inferiority complex.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
nah, thats how to make it trashier

Trashier doesn't always mean worse :p

The trash heap has spoken!

liwCZQWpLqgbe7n6ZxI3TDXoo1_500.jpg

You ever notice that "v" shading in the back of anime girls heads? Why is that there? I see it a lot.

I think it has to do with showing where the back of the head ends, and where just hair begins, as well as just showing it's hair, rather than a smooth helmet or something.

RurouniZel

I think it has to do with showing where the back of the head ends, and where just hair begins, as well as just showing it's hair, rather than a smooth helmet or something.

It's just bad shading. They're shading hair as if it were cloth that folds over itself, when long hair typically just falls straight back rather than con-caving into itself.

Like so

long_straight_hair_back.jpg

RurouniZel

Yeah, but I see that sort of shading A LOT in anime.
It looks really weird to me.

It looks weird because they're essentially drawing some of the hair as if it were following the contour of the back of the head and into the neck which it doesn't usually do unless the hair is naturally wavy.

7Th

Eyepatch moe is moe...

That definitely looks better, AKA: more K-ON-ish, that the original reveal. It's still lacking the organic look that makes K-ON, Nichijou and Hyoka stand-out, though.

Why is the eyepatch girl grabbing the guy's crotch, anyway?

It's just bad shading. They're shading hair as if it were cloth that folds over itself, when long hair typically just falls straight back rather than con-caving into itself.

Like so

Yeah, it's not realistic in anyway, but it gives an impression that there is volume with very few strokes.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
it's a short-hand for showing two bodies of hair meeting

1089166-T3WG7NG.jpg

Like this. If the light is coming from above, and the head is a sphere, it would make a rounded crescent shape along the body (as spheres do under light), but since there is hair coming from the sides of the head, only the part in the middle of the head retains the shape of the sphere, thus creating a shadow between the two sides - in the middle.

In anime it's just a thing you can do to place a cool looking shadow/shape and still have it make sense.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry

Like so

long_straight_hair_back.jpg

It doesn't have to make complete sense. It's more for looks. Anime faces make no sense at all - but they're cute to look at.

cajunator

Banned
It doesn't have to make complete sense. It's more for looks. Anime faces make no sense at all - but they're cute to look at.

This is true too. I wonder if anime fans really take the time to think about how fucking creepy most anime faces would be IRL. But we accept it as "normal" since we are used to seeing it for years. To the point that normal real people almost look strange. Its kind of fucked up if you think about it.

This is true too. I wonder if anime fans really take the time to think about how fucking creepy most anime faces would be IRL. But we accept it as "normal" since we are used to seeing it for years. To the point that normal real people almost look strange. Its kind of fucked up if you think about it.
I think you've been watching too much anime. *takes a few steps back*

Uchip

Banned

thats something that works for light hearted, or cartoony shows
when you get something like higurashi, with super serious subject matter, mixing with really simplistic designs, it just conflicts and makes you scratch your head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVUOvHYv3ME
So you're telling me i should definitely watch this anime?
maybe.
I think you've been watching too much anime. *takes a few steps back*
Damn, where's that jpg when you need it?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
K-On the movie:

This was just lovely! :D I really enjoyed the movie and I'm not going to say much more because if I do I'll become a spoiler spoutin' machine. But it's K-On! And it is glorious! :D

What I will say that isn't a spoiler is that the production is top notch. The animation is great and the backgrounds are gorgeous.

Love! 10/10!

The movie... is ... HERE?

Well I am back to anime, screw steam sales and finish backlog, and league of legend, and life and work.

Will get to the movie after I finish re-watching season 1 and 2, don't want to miss any important part they referenced in the movie.

Summer 2012 season redeemed.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The movie... is ... HERE?

Well I am back to anime, screw steam sales and finish backlog, and league of legend, and life and work.

Will get to the movie after I finish re-watching season 1 and 2, don't want to miss any important part they referenced in the movie.

Summer 2012 season redeemed.

If you really care about connecting the movie to the tv series, watch
episode 24 and 27

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Okay you fuckers pushed me over.

I'm marathoning K-ON!! in my day off. I'm starting back in episode one. For science.

Wish me luck. I may not be the same man I was last night.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
If you really care about connecting the movie to the tv series, watch
episode 24 and 27

There is episode 27.......?

My day just became 2 times better.

Okay you fuckers pushed me over.

I'm marathoning K-ON!! in my day off. I'm starting back in episode one. For science.

Wish me luck. I may not be the same man I was last night.

I know the feeling, once you watch the best, everything else suddenly became shit.

Branduil

Princess Nine 4

Animation was all over the place in the first half of the ep. Still good though! The coach is becoming increasingly more awesome too.

Right.

Wrong.

We apologise for the fault in the animation direction. Those responsible have been sacked.

D3IT3.png

Perspective, how does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom