• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
LOGH 10
logh10.jpg
logh10a.jpg
logh10b.jpg
logh10c.jpg
logh10j.jpg
logh10k.jpg

Jesus, this episode managed to not only destroy any faith I had left in democracy only to salvage some of it at the very end. I'm sure this show will manage to destroy even that small amount before it ends.

It's quite notable how this show's able to effectively get across the socio-political nature of the Alliance and what role the war plays in society. This show really is gonna ruin every other anime I watch after this isn't it?

Everyone should watch this show. It's incredible.

This looks like a wonzo special.
goddammit *adds to list*

Okay you fuckers pushed me over.

I'm marathoning K-ON!! in my day off. I'm starting back in episode one. For science.

Wish me luck. I may not be the same man I was last night.
KEIONBRO

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Okay you fuckers pushed me over.

I'm marathoning K-ON!! in my day off. I'm starting back in episode one. For science.

Wish me luck. I may not be the same man I was last night.

:O

Come on!

Also known as OVA3 by some weird people

It is not my fault that the K-On official holy thread have nothing but animated gif. No one ever talk about the show (cause they memorized every frame), there are no way to know that another episode exist after the ending.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It is not my fault that the K-On official holy thread have nothing but animated gif. No one ever talk about the show (cause they memorized every frame), there are no way to know that another episode exist after the ending.
But those episodes existed long before that thread was made! lol

cajunator

Banned
I knew I should have put an episode guide in the OP...

He hasn't watched the second season yet.

I haven't watched season two either.
Bandai only released part one of it anyway. I hope the other part gets released. Im sure somebody will quickly rescue it, if it hasnt been already.

Jex

LOGH 10Jesus, this episode managed to not only destroy any faith I had left in democracy only to salvage some of it at the very end. I'm sure this show will manage to destroy even that small amount before it ends.

All that's left to do is weight for a benign dictator.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
K-ON!! 01
TOMARENAITOMARENAI (i'm gonna have this song stuck in my head for months)
Yui being Yui. Oh Yui, you are so adorable when you are not being a moron.
Why, oh why is Azunyan the pig? Is it because she's the most recurrent character in naughty doujinshi? Either way, I don't follow the club's thought processes.
This would be grounds for jail if Sawa-chan were a dude.#doublestandards
And, as usual, Mugi is the one with the best fashion sense. Mugi > the rest

Just the same as in season one, but in hyperdrive mode. I'm not sure I will have a functioning heart by the time I finish this.

Branduil

Hokuto no Ken: Legend of Heroes

2007 6 minute 3D CG short depicting Raoh and Kenshiro's final fight, it kinda sucks. On one hand, it's Hokuto and manly, on the other it has obnoxious "in your face" 3D moments, looks like an overwrought video game cutscene, and ultimately feels like some sort of proof of concept piece. Just because you can doesn't mean you should etc.

Anime is already dead.

cajunator

Banned
This would be grounds for jail if Sawa-chan were a dude.#doublestandards

And, as usual, Mugi is the one with the best fashion sense. Mugi > the rest

Just the same as in season one, but in hyperdrive mode. I'm not sure I will have a functioning heart by the time I finish this.

Ritsumaid <3

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
How does it not fit her character? You're right that she doesn't wear anything else quite as revealing, but consider that early in the first season Nodoka was completely fine with that maid uniform while Saki was embarrassed, and that she wears frilly stuff all the time (even if she complains about the term) in both Saki and her younger appearance in Achiga-hen. And that costume there certainly fits the frillyness aspect. Also consider her Nodocchi alter-ego's costume, which backs up all of those points.

As for the scantiness... well, it's summer, and so she's dressing down. People clearly are much less bothered by such things in the Sakiverse versus reality; also note those ridiculously scant summer costumes of Hajime's that make Nodoka's there look quite conservative... and nobody says a word about it, at least not from a "that exposes too much" standpoint.

So considering all of the above, Nodoka is the serious character who does not believe in superpowers or magic and blushes easily (when around Saki), but also likes dressing like how she does in the series when not in her school uniform. I don't think there's a conflict there really.

Considering how self conscious she is about her breasts and how uncomfortable she gets when people either mention or stare at them, do you honestly think she would wear an outfit that would garner such attention to them? Don't use the fact that it's "frilly" as a reason as to why it supposedly ok. There's summer dresses that are frilly without the need to show off one's chest. Whether anyone else is bothered by it in the Sakiverse is a non-factor, as we're solely focusing on how it affects Nodoka. And even if we did consider their feelings, you're wrong. Pretty much every girl Nodoka has encountered has either made an open or silent statement regarding her breasts.

Hell, it's even pushing it calling a dress. That's borderline lingerie she's wearing outside.

Nodoka is a serious, reserved character. Her outfit was simply fanservice, trying to make it seem like its in her character to wear it on a casual basis is ridiculous. Honestly, that outfit is something I would expect taco girl to be wearing, even though she's flat as a board as she's the definition of unreserved.

What, you don't like Touka? I thought it was an entertaining one... Touka does not take no for an answer. :)

Wahaha is great, yeah. Funny character.

That pretty much sums up that one, yeah.

That episode might be the least yuri special, but might be the cutest...

That one might be the best of the specials... (more below too)

Yeah, it's a great series. What do you mean, if you know what you're getting into, though? You don't need to know everything about the series at the start to like it.

Huh? Weird lighting? No, it is the quite skimpy dress that it appears to be.

Agreed on both points.

Covering? Actually, the dress itself (which is, of course, quite short too) doesn't cover her breasts at all; instead, it Vs below them, and goes around them on the sides. The breasts are only covered with that scarflike shirt tied in the center.

The two pieces may be attached underneath -- it looks like it's only got one shoulder strap per side, after all -- but it's clear that that'd be on the sides, so from the front at least what I described is how that dress has to work.

Unless you can't see the difference between her skin color and the dress, how would being colorblind affect anything? If that is the case though, it's as I described above, basically an under-dress and over-scarf/shirt thing, with a large window of sorts in the center.

How does it not fit her character? You're right that she doesn't wear anything else quite as revealing, but consider that early in the first season Nodoka was completely fine with that maid uniform while Saki was embarrassed, and that she wears frilly stuff all the time (even if she complains about the term) in both Saki and her younger appearance in Achiga-hen. And that costume there certainly fits the frillyness aspect. Also consider her Nodocchi alter-ego's costume, which backs up all of those points.

As for the scantiness... well, it's summer, and so she's dressing down. People clearly are much less bothered by such things in the Sakiverse versus reality; also note those ridiculously scant summer costumes of Hajime's that make Nodoka's there look quite conservative... and nobody says a word about it, at least not from a "that exposes too much" standpoint.

So considering all of the above, Nodoka is the serious character who does not believe in superpowers or magic and blushes easily (when around Saki), but also likes dressing like how she does in the series when not in her school uniform. I don't think there's a conflict there really.

that's so.. hmmm... hmmmm... i liked it better when i wasn't sure. Thanks for confirming santa isn't real hates poor people. ;(

And i don't recall nodoka ever dressing boldly in the show. Her online avatar was a bit naughty, but is it even possible to make a non perverted female avatar online?

Jex

The problem is that it has been fucked for its entire existence. We're not talking about a new or current problem, but something that has been an issue for 40-50 years. Yet the industry is still around, and it is still operating the way it is, and the major players are still making enough money to continue producing anime. As long as this remains the case, there is no reason for these players to want to risk changing the entire industry in hopes of getting something better. Especially since the people who make the business decisions are not the people suffering in the industry. I don't see a solution.

I blame Tezuka, he created the whole crazy production schedule in the first place!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Teenage Moé Keion Turtles II: The Secret of the "Ooze" 02
Mio-chan looks way cuter with her hair in a ponytail.
perfect waifu material
Actual information about music? whatthefuckisthisshit
Proof number two that Mugi-chan is not a filthy and decadent excuse for a woman like the rest.#theperfectojousama

Also HOLY SHIT Ritsu why the fuck would you buy that extra large serving? I bet she has cellulite all over her thighs.
See? She's already fat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom