• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Zegapain 20

Meh. I heard great things about this animu, but i can't seem to agree. There are some interesting things in the setting, but the anime constantly discharged them to focus on the drama, over and over. And the secondary characters are to little developed for me to care.

Nanami episodes are the best, haters.

Agree.
How can anyone not like her?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo4HZGi1XiQ

Oh,
Anthy
, you are such an amazing troll.

NewFresh

So it's like Sailor Moon, but shorter? ;P

Then why does everyone like Sailor Moon so much?

5O9LB.jpg

Grzi

E7AO Ep14 is looking like a pretty strong challenger in terms of "most people who worked on an episode":

- 1 Episode Director
- 3 Storyboarders

- 3 Character Animation Directors
- 3 Mecha Animation Directors
- 4 Assistant Animation Directors

- 30 named Key Animators
- 3 outside studios assisting on Key Animation

- 14 named 2nd Key Animators
- 20 outside studios assisting on 2nd Key Animation

Shit, looks like it's time for me to marathon episodes 8 - 13.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Fresh Precure 15-21

These episodes have all been good, there was one Chiffon episode unfortunately but happily it was negated by Glasses Miki.

nklSE.jpg

68Vmt.jpg

Fuck yeah

The lead up to
Eas's switch has been quite good, Eas running herself ragged is sad to see. :( And I guess considering how it is right now, Eas's switch won't be the actual halfway climax, but it'll take place immediately afterwards.

They even got the
sick little girl episode right, it was actually very tense for a Precure episode.

cajunator

Banned
Fresh Precure 15-21

These episodes have all been good, there was one Chiffon episode unfortunately but happily it was negated by Glasses Miki.

The lead up to
Eas's switch has been quite good, Eas running herself ragged is sad to see. :( And I guess considering how it is right now, Eas's switch won't be the actual halfway climax, but it'll take place immediately afterwards.

They even got the
sick little girl episode right, it was actually very tense for a Precure episode.

Pretty hair, and alluring eyes.

Grzi

Hunter X Hunter 2011 - 37-39

Pretty good episodes, I'm starting to really remember why I love the original show so much.
Pretty soon shit hits the fan!

Space Brothers - 15 & 16

Not bad, but definitely a bit more boring than most of the episodes so far. Tow minutes of episode 16 were spent recapping episode 15. It's still great, and everything will probably make more sense when the reveal happens, hopefully next episode.

Nafe

There are a ton, but a lot is also duplicated. For example, you don't really need all the various OP/ED collections. You'll pretty much have everything minus some karaoke and dialogue tracks with the following...

List

Oh wow! Thanks a lot Hitokage! I thought The Idolm@ster had a lot of CDs. I'll have to save this and have a look through it. Thanks again!

Her success in the roles of Usagi in Sailor Moon and Misato in Evangelion made her really damn prominent during the mid 90s. Then you also have the role of Excel from Excel Saga which literally injured the vocal chords of the dub actress who first tried to fill in.

I forgot she was in Evangelion, I've actually only seen about half of it years ago. I've been meaning to go back and watch it someday. That's too bad about the Excel girl, I can remember reading she really had to practice or prepare herself for the role of Usagi.

That reminds me, that Anime you were watching(watched?) where you mentioned it aired a little before Sailor Moon and when finished a lot of the staff moved over to work on Sailor Moon, what was the name of that show again?

GAF is banned at his workplace for some reason.

That's too bad. Hopefully Zeroshiki can get back here someday.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Oh wow! Thanks a lot Hitokage! I thought The Idolm@ster had a lot of CDs. I'll have to save this and have a look through it. Thanks again!

I forgot she was in Evangelion, I've actually only seen about half of it years ago. I've been meaning to go back and watch it someday. That's too bad about the Excel girl, I can remember reading she really had to practice or prepare herself for the role of Usagi.

That reminds me, that Anime you were watching(watched?) where you mentioned it aired a little before Sailor Moon and when finished a lot of the staff moved over to work on Sailor Moon, what was the name of that show again?

That's too bad. Hopefully Zeroshiki can get back here someday.
Goldfish Warning.

Binbougami ga 3

Another great episode showing both how much of a bitch Sakura can be and how much of a tsundere she can be. Also, more great Momiji scenes!

Next week is Momo, the 2nd best male character, so that should be great.

/XX/

E7AO Ep14 is looking like a pretty strong challenger in terms of "most people who worked on an episode":

- 1 Episode Director
- 3 Storyboarders

- 3 Character Animation Directors
- 3 Mecha Animation Directors
- 4 Assistant Animation Directors

- 30 named Key Animators
- 3 outside studios assisting on Key Animation

- 14 named 2nd Key Animators
- 20 outside studios assisting on 2nd Key Animation
Without spoiling much, guys, please I want to know what exactly happens here... a full-out war or something? Because... wow!

trejo

If you see your country's flag in the image below, you will be able to watch Ookami Kodomo in a cinema:

:(

Honestly, how can anyone not like K-ON?

Dude, really?

Then why does everyone like Sailor Moon so much?

But... shit actually does happen in Sailor Moon.

Nanami episodes are the best, haters.

I wouldn't necessarily say they're the best but they sure are awesome!

Zegapain 20

Meh. I heard great things about this animu, but i can't seem to agree. There are some interesting things in the setting, but the anime constantly discharged them to focus on the drama, over and over. And the secondary characters are to little developed for me to care.

I only made it like 6 episodes in before having to call it quits. I should have known something was up when Unknown Soldier started hyping it.

Never seen Utena.

You should.

Grzi

It's a pretty bad show!

I heard it was pretty good too, from a number of people.
Watched like seven episodes a long time ago, don't remember much really.

Luckily, I now have AnimeGAF to help me avoid stuff like this!
I'll still probably watch the show someday :(

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
No problem! I actually forgot to mention they also made two more drama albums that are basically audio-only versions of the R and S movies. I've only listened to the R movie one, but they didn't have to change much.

I think you're confusing Mitsuishi, who had to mentally prepare herself before doing Usagi, with Excel's first english dub actress.

As mentioned, it was Goldfish Warning.

As for what came after Sailor Moon... Junichi Satou, who directed SM s1, some of R and episodes in S, Supers, and Stars also did Magic User's Club and Princess Tutu and worked with Takuya Igarashi, director of Stars, to make Ojamajo Doremi. Igarashi also did Ouran High School Host Club. I'm sure you're already aware that Kunihiko Ikuhara went on to make Utena and Penguin Drum.

The animation staff also went on to make Cutie Honey F after Stars, but this is mostly just an art connection.

DiGiKerot

Uh-oh, judging from the next episode preview, it looks next weeks Sengoku Collection is going to cross the forbidden boundary into
characters from Three Kingdoms-era China
. Tsk-tsk.

Ok, let me clarify. How can anyone actively dislike K-ON? That's like hating on a kitten shelter or something.

You people need to look into the depths of your souls and ask yourself: Why am I keeping myself from enjoying something so beautiful? Free yourself and the joy that is K-ON will find you.

Be at peace, my brothers and sisters.

jman2050

Ok, let me clarify. How can anyone actively dislike K-ON? That's like hating on a kitten shelter or something.

You people need to look into the depths of your souls and ask yourself: Why am I keeping myself from enjoying something so beautiful? Free yourself and the joy that is K-ON will find you.

hahahahaha oh man you have no idea what you're getting yourself into, are you.

Uh-oh, judging from the next episode preview, it looks next weeks Sengoku Collection is going to cross the forbidden boundary into
characters from Three Kingdoms-era China
. Tsk-tsk.

How exciting! If they toss in a gender bent Orochi, then they are basically adapting Warrior Orochi series now!

Do you actually read the subtitles when you watch anime? Serious question.
Pavlin put herself in danger by going to fight/test Yuna in the first place. And the Pavlin fight counts as a win. Not to mention that, other than Ichi, all of Kouga's wins during the Silver Saint arc are team victories, too. He was nearly killed by both Hound and Fly and only won thanks to Shun/Ryuho and Yuna. Yuna's victory against Crow as more Yuna's than Kouga's victory against Hound.

How does that even count as a win? She ran away. Other characters in these anime would have stayed by, ignoring orders, and helped and aided the character in question. Rukia told Ichigo to run and Ichigo stayed in Bleach, and numerous other examples. Kouga was supposed to run in episode one from Mars but instead stayed even though he could do nothing, if I remember correctly. Kouga's wins arent all team victories though, whereas for Yuna, she hasnt had any such win.

Honestly, how can anyone not like K-ON?

K-ON seems to take place in one of my favorite settings, but just by seeing it I can already imagine dozens of complaints I would have on why I would dislike it. I even bet people could come up with a list and adequetly predict what I would say. The character design could honestly use some work to give it more broad appeal. It should have gone the KtB route.

He may have the coolest abilities but he has done nothing of significance against anyone of significance. He's character is about as flat as you can get too (oh look at me I'm the cool guy with 'tude that takes no shit).

To be fair, every character in Omega is shit.

But thats the foundation of a cool shonen main protagonist, my favorite type even. Omega is a goldmine of rich deep characters with awesome abilities. Sure Yuna is terrible and awful, but even I can see that she probably just needs a change to shine and she will no doubt be an actual useful asset for Kouga, Souma, Haruto, and Ryuho. So I dont think you are giving them enough credit.

Geneijin

If this invites a certain person here, I'm blaming you.

Soma

Same as before: Pretty easily.

I'll be the first to admit that my dislike for the series is pretty irrational based on the few episodes I watched, so it just became a matter of principal after a while.

While both the fan and the hater sides are equally annoying I chose the path of darkness because it's just so damn enticing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom