• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Binbougami ga! 03
StkiZ.gif
dem bazookas

she's still a total bitch
But thats the foundation of a cool shonen main protagonist, my favorite type even. Omega is a goldmine of rich deep characters
I have no reaction image appropriate enough.

Go_Ly_Dow

Ok, let me clarify. How can anyone actively dislike K-ON? That's like hating on a kitten shelter or something.

You people need to look into the depths of your souls and ask yourself: Why am I keeping myself from enjoying something so beautiful? Free yourself and the joy that is K-ON will find you.

Be at peace, my brothers and sisters.

wow, so inconsiderate.

poor jman has aged 10 years today and now you're just adding even more wrinkles with that.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You should watch more Precure, cajunator. I think even Darkside has gotten ahead of you in Smile!

What the heck is that supposed to mean?

It's on hold for me for a while. Thanks to a certain somebody holding my entire family hostage I now actually have to watch season 2 of Keion. Depressing I know.

trejo

Ok, let me clarify. How can anyone actively dislike K-ON? That's like hating on a kitten shelter or something.

You people need to look into the depths of your souls and ask yourself: Why am I keeping myself from enjoying something so beautiful? Free yourself and the joy that is K-ON will find you.

Be at peace, my brothers and sisters.

Dude, really?

Go_Ly_Dow

K-ON seems to take place in one of my favorite settings, but just by seeing it I can already imagine dozens of complaints I would have on why I would dislike it. I even bet people could come up with a list and adequetly predict what I would say. The character design could honestly use some work to give it more broad appeal. It should have gone the KtB route.

not enough girls?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Fresh Precure 21

This episode sets the stage for
Eas's last stand before giving into inevitability and becoming the 4th Precure.

ExPho.jpg

This shot in particular really told a lot.

It was really good, the storyboarding and direction were at a different level than the average Precure fare, and we learned quite a bit about about Eas and Moebius without anything being explicitly spelled out. "Show, don't Tell" was in full effect here.
On to Eas's last battle!

cajunator

Banned
K-on Movieeeeeeee

This was really quite cute as expected.
Generally, if you love K-on, you'll love this. If you hate K-on, you'll definitely hate this.
There is really no in-between. But I wont say too much about it because others have yet to watch it.

DiGiKerot

I completely missed this, but apparently one of the featured performers on the iDOLM@STER Namasuka Special CD volume 3 is going to be...
Producer-san!

Wonder what their cover song is going to be...

OceanBlue

I completely missed this, but apparently one of the featured performers on the iDOLM@STER Namasuka Special CD volume 3 is going to be...
Producer-san!

I've been waiting for this moment since the first episode aired.

cajunator

Banned
well k-on is the perfect show to overcome this fear of yours. maybe start with the much superior season 2 if season 1 didn't click that well.

once you have conquered k-on then you will be able to conquer anything!

He should watch one of those harem animes with 30 girls, like Negima.

cajunator

Banned
He could try the new Genshiken series, it's pretty funny from a BL reader point of view and it has a bunch of girls!

What do you mean by new? Genshiken is a great series though and so is Genshiken 2.
Doesn't seem like the kind of show DTL would like. Is there anything with brawling maidens in it? Hmmm..Tenjo Tenge?

7Th

It was really good, the storyboarding and direction were at a different level than the average Precure fare, and we learned quite a bit about about Eas and Moebius without anything being explicitly spelled out. "Show, don't Tell" was in full effect here.
On to Eas's last battle!

That was a Rie Matsumoto episode.

How does that even count as a win? She ran away. Other characters in these anime would have stayed by, ignoring orders, and helped and aided the character in question. Rukia told Ichigo to run and Ichigo stayed in Bleach, and numerous other examples. Kouga was supposed to run in episode one from Mars but instead stayed even though he could do nothing, if I remember correctly. Kouga's wins arent all team victories though, whereas for Yuna, she hasnt had any such win.

She beat Pavlin and had her on her knees; that counts as a victory. And if they had fought against 3 LEGIT (unlike Musca and Ichi) Silver Saints normally, they could have lost, risking Aria in the process. Pavlin decided to use a "suicide" (she obviously survived, though) attack that was going to bury them all. Yuna staying would have been dumb because she would have been buried with Pavlin for no reason at all and the show has tried to portray Yuna as the wise character consistently.

The only Kouga victory that wasn't a team victory was the one he had against Ichi, who is the weakest Silver Saint that they've fought so far.

But thats the foundation of a cool shonen main protagonist, my favorite type even. Omega is a goldmine of rich deep characters with awesome abilities. Sure Yuna is terrible and awful, but even I can see that she probably just needs a change to shine and she will no doubt be an actual useful asset for Kouga, Souma, Haruto, and Ryuho. So I dont think you are giving them enough credit.

Yuna has done way more for Kouga and Aria than Souma, Haruto and Ryuho. Souma's biggest accomplishment is breaking a wall of ice. That's it. Just admit that you hate girls and be done with it, man. This type of little kid contrived mental gymnastics don't belong outside of versus threads in comic book forums.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Fresh Precure 22

O4B62.jpg

Maximum Shounen

Apart from the disappointingly average animation and choreography, this was pretty good.
It's laughable how much better Fresh Precure did this type of subplot compared to Suite Precure, even if they hit many of the same beats.

The main part of the episode consisted entirely of
Love beating the crap out of Eas so they could be friends again. Maximum shounen indeed. Of course, they had to throw on the "I've done to many bad things to be a precure now" ending to stretch this out for another episode or two, but it's not too bad, really.

Fourth Precure get, yay

[REMOVED]

7Th

On to Eas's last battle!

That was a Rie Matsumoto episode. <3

Producer-san!

At least he is getting Ai Love Hamburger rather than a fanfavorite like the Vampire Girl song.

How does that even count as a win? She ran away. Other characters in these anime would have stayed by, ignoring orders, and helped and aided the character in question. Rukia told Ichigo to run and Ichigo stayed in Bleach, and numerous other examples. Kouga was supposed to run in episode one from Mars but instead stayed even though he could do nothing, if I remember correctly. Kouga's wins arent all team victories though, whereas for Yuna, she hasnt had any such win.

She beat Pavlin and had her on her knees; that counts as a victory. And if they had fought against 3 LEGIT (unlike Musca and Ichi) Silver Saints normally, they could have lost, risking Aria in the process. Pavlin decided to use a "suicide" (she obviously survived, though) attack that was going to bury them all. Yuna staying would have been dumb because she would have been buried with Pavlin for no reason at all (beyond satisfying the dumb shounen hero quota for the week) and the show has tried to portray Yuna as the wise character consistently.

The only Kouga victory that wasn't a team victory was the one he had against Ichi, who is the weakest Silver Saint that they've fought so far.

But thats the foundation of a cool shonen main protagonist, my favorite type even. Omega is a goldmine of rich deep characters with awesome abilities. Sure Yuna is terrible and awful, but even I can see that she probably just needs a change to shine and she will no doubt be an actual useful asset for Kouga, Souma, Haruto, and Ryuho. So I dont think you are giving them enough credit.

Yuna has done way more for Kouga and Aria than Souma and Ryuho. Souma's biggest accomplishment is breaking a wall of ice. That's it. Just admit that you hate girls and be done with it, man. This type of little kid contrived mental gymnastics don't belong outside of versus threads in comic book forums.

Negima's ending was disappointing... T_T
Particularly compared to Love Hina's ending, I think that "disappointing" only begins to cover how awful that "ending" was. When your "ending" completely fails to resolve most of the most important questions of the series, you have a problem.

Negima has a guy in it though.
A guy.

I think these could pass as the definitive results:

Code:
[U][I]Team Tea[/I][/U]			[U][I]Team Coffee[/I][/U]			[U][I]Team "love & peace"[/I][/U]			

· [B]BGBW[/B]				· [B]Extollere[/B]			· [B]M_Night[/B]			

· [B]Envelope[/B]			· [B]EmmanuelMuñoz[/B]			· [B]chickdigger802[/B]

· [B]R_thanatos[/B]			· [B]PdotMichael[/B]			· [B]darkside31337[/B]

· [B]Narag[/B]				· [B]Uchip[/B]				· [B]jbug617[/B]

· [B]trejo[/B]				· [B]Grzi[/B]				· [B]Nafe[/B]

· [B]Morro![/B]			· [B]RurouniZel[/B]

· [B]Train of Midnight[/B]		· [B]Defuser[/B]

· [B]Jarmel[/B]			· [B]wonzo[/B]

· [B]Chet Rippo[/B]			· [B]Ryuukan[/B]

· [B]survivor[/B]			· [B]Haly[/B]

· [B]Lain[/B]				· [B]duckroll[/B]

· [B]Hitokage[/B]			· [B]Dresden[/B]

· [B]SDBurton[/B]			· [B]firehawk12[/B]

· [B]dakkumauji[/B]			· [B]Femmeworth[/B]

· [B]kayos90[/B]			· [B]Thoraxes[/B]

· [B]Watanabe Kazuma[/B]		· [B]icarus-daedelus[/B]

· [B]DiGiKerot[/B]

· [B]moonspeak[/B]

· [B]Mad Pierrot[/B]

· [B]Lafiel[/B]

· [B]Reknoc[/B]

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39997707&postcount=13701

Well, it looks like Team Tea is victorious! If the trump cards want to say something more and be a little more decisive now, this is your moment.

Anyway, thanks to everyone that participated on this essential poll for the community... and pals, keep enjoying your respective drinks of choice!
Hey, I voted for "I dislike both of them [and never drink either]".

Those are also in my top 5 anime.
ABe's my favorite. :(

(Yes, I know ABe didn't do Kino's Journey... some people who worked on the animes he did did work on it though, so I think of them as somewhat similar.)

Also, SDBurton should definitely watch Kannazuki no Miko.
I would never use such words for that show... even for someone who likes yuri...

DiGiKerot

At least he is getting Ai Love Hamburger rather than a fanfavorite like the Vampire Girl song.

For some strange reason, I'm not expecting him to actually sing on Ai Like Hamburger. That was always kind-of-a-Yayoi song anyway.

Not that it wouldn't be amusing if he was singing on that one...

I would never use such words for that show... even for someone who likes yuri...

He could just watch the OP to Kannazuki no Miko instead - aside from the fact that Resublimity is fabulous, it pretty much runs through the entire content of the show in 90 seconds anyway.

cajunator

Banned
ABe's my favorite. :(

(Yes, I know ABe didn't do Kino's Journey... some people who worked on the animes he did did work on it though, so I think of them as somewhat similar.)

Yoshitoshi ABe is a swell fellow and a hell of an artist. I miss his work.
I'm not sure who did Kino's Journey either, but its one of those really unique shows that dared to be different and succeeded at it. Such a wonderful experience back when people didnt know what to expect from it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
:( omg what happened to Envelope?

Café Oso Polar 16
This is what I was talking about the other day. How do you justify carnivorousness in a society that openly accepts predators and preys? All the humans should have been eaten already, too, since the predators are not only capable of sentience and are able to do every job available, but also have claws and fangs and all that shit.

The second half wasn't as funny. We already have human characters coexisting among the cast, so I couldn't take the concept of an outsider being shocked by the animals seriously enough.

Oh, and just because, CHIBI BEARS:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom