• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
KyoAni has no US backer unlike Studio 4C has. Thats where the industry is heading - because half their corprate brothers are there already.
ibfrc3OTgDkShi.gif

Binbougami ga 1-3

S'alright, I guess. Not as awesome as I was led to believe but Sakura's a huge bitch and is amusing enough to watch so I think I'll stick around a while longer.

And Hamauzu is cool and all but I just keep hearing March of the Dreadnoughts all the time while watching this.

Yeah, I pretty much do too. I love Hamazu, but I can't help associate him with FFXIII, which is quite different from Binbougami.

cajunator

Banned
Oh by the way, now that several of you watched the K-on Movie of infinite awesome, did you notice several music tracks resembling U2, Electric Light Orchestra, and other British bands?

Nafe

Pretty easily. Humor on the show is a lot funnier when it's in the background of a student council meeting than when it gets its own episode. I think this is why humor works a lot better in MPD, where it never ever takes central stage.

Honestly I really liked Episode 4 of Utena, I think it is, with Nanamis over the top antics. I found it funnier how they
backfired on her in usually even more over the top ways
. Many jokes are pretty quirky and don't like every one of them. Ikuhara's jokes seem to be an acquired taste.

Now to take a little time to get into a few scenes:

On episode 3, I was wondering why those swag old men and Wakana's Spanish speaking pursuer looked familiar. It's because they're the Condor Queen's on Konatsu's poster in the OP

Ah nice catch! With how they were portrayed it kind of seemed like the audience was supposed to know who they were. I didn't notice the pig to start with.

I also like how the ED is slowing adding in the voices of the choir club as they join in. The little things that don't really matter but are nice anyway.

I'm like these types of little touches. It's one of the reasons why I'm enjoying the current arc in Hyuoka. I've always like those extra detailed scenes.

You should watch Princess Tutu sooner than later. It was such an amazing experience.

Princess Tutu is freaking awesome. I usually don't watch these kind of shows, but in Tutu everything, to the writing and the characters, is freaking amazing. Watch it as soon as you can.

Actually, i recommend it to everyone. Do not let the name or the cutesy fool you. Princess Tutu is teh shit.

8z38il.jpg

Yeah I've still got so many shows that are supposed to be good on my to watch list like Gurren Lagann and a bunch of others. I've seen a lot yet I've still got a lot to see.

It's hard to go wrong with Satou or Ikuhara!

I know you don't like hearing about the english version of sailor moon but before I watched the original Japanese, I think of the episodes from the first series that I could still remember seeing from the DIC dub, I remembered all of the Ikuhara ones that were shown. He must have done something right.

Narag

Princess Nine 5

Scene with the coach and Ryo reviewing the hitting video felt like I was right there with them.
Koharu looks like a great addition and her family stepping in to encourage her by the sea was really heartwarming. No weird animation drops this time around either.

I was really surprised to hear music from Ninja Resurrection in this episode too. Masamichi Amano did the score for that as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS0UdvnX5YQ

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah I've still got so many shows that are supposed to be good on my to watch list like Gurren Lagann and a bunch of others. I've seen a lot yet I've still got a lot to see.

Whoa, stop what you're doing and watch Gurren Lagann.
Unless you're watching the K-ON! movie, then after you finish that.

cajunator

Banned
I think that's Branduil... or someone else since I've never seen Haibane or Kino's Journey. Someday's Dreamers was alright, but I haven't seen Piano either.

Mugis and Moogles!

Shit son. You should watch both of these! They are really good and likely fall in line with the sort of stuff you enjoy. Especially Kinos' Journey.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Shit son. You should watch both of these! They are really good and likely fall in line with the sort of stuff you enjoy. Especially Kinos' Journey.
Yeah, Kino's Journey is a backlog show. lol

(I'm still technically working on Kaleido Star since it's a Sato/Yoshida joint, but that's how things go)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I know you don't like hearing about the english version of sailor moon but before I watched the original Japanese, I think of the episodes from the first series that I could still remember seeing from the DIC dub, I remembered all of the Ikuhara ones that were shown. He must have done something right.
Haha, I'll gladly talk about it I just don't think it's an acceptable product!

Unfortunately, episode six, one of Ikuhara's, was on the chopping block for the dub.

Nafe

You're definitely rad. But you are much better than Azu-nyan. Don't sell yourself so short.

I was meaning more along the lines of being a newer member. Despite some of her qualities being pandering to certain audiences I never had any hate for Azusa.

You are my new favorite junior member.

You'll also be happy to know that Mio is my favorite. I mentioned this before but I guess you didn't see it.

I'm guilty of not loving it till the second episode.;__;

I'm one of those ones that really had no problems with the SoL stuff but still kind of wanted to see more of the music related talk that happens in Episode 2.

Whoa, stop what you're doing and watch Gurren Lagann.
Unless you're watching the K-ON! movie, then after you finish that.

I still need to see the K-ON! movie too. I'm going to watch that first.

I marathoned it on one day. Watch it.

From some what I've gathered from this thread that sounds like it might be too much. I don't have the time to watch it all in one day anyway. I'll definitely get around to it though.

Narag

Otome Nadeshiko Love Diary

Ten minute OVA based on the LN of the same name that came bundled with the second book in the series. It's about a young girl experiencing her first love against the backdrop of the Taishou period in Japan. She's a melancholic girl of a poor family, adopted too which lessens her familial status, with a particular fondness for an artist who just so happens to specialize in drawing such girls to the point of refusing to paint any as happy due to his own melancholy.
Chance encounter ensues, OVA ends.
;_;

Hints about the main character's family life are dropped in a way that I'd have liked to see them explored further and I really enjoyed the setting. I wish this was longer and maybe if the LN is popular it'll eventually be more fully adapted down the line.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
KaleidoStar is another nice treasure. Great show. A bit long for my tastes personally.
Yeah, people here have said that the second half is pointless.

if the k-on girls are 3 years older
why do they look identical? are they related to ash ketchum?
3 years older than what?
I dunno, I figure kids don't change much from 15-18.

Not fooling anyone, mang. :p
Eh, Aria is alright I suppose.
ARIA IS THE BEST ANIME EVER.

Whaaaaat? Why? What's the holdup?
New anime, new TV (Looooouiiieeeeee), laifu and so on. lol

Otome Nadeshiko Love Diary

Ten minute OVA based on the LN of the same name that came bundled with the second book in the series. It's about a young girl experiencing her first love against the backdrop of the Taishou period in Japan. She's a melancholic girl of a poor family, adopted too which lessens her familial status, with a particular fondness for an artist who just so happens to specialize in drawing such girls to the point of refusing to paint any as happy due to his own melancholy.
Chance encounter ensues, OVA ends.
;_;

Hints about the main character's family life are dropped in a way that I'd have liked to see them explored further and I really enjoyed the setting. I wish this was longer and maybe if the LN is popular it'll eventually be more fully adapted down the line.

Hrm Taishou period. Sounds like it could be an Emma/Ikoku Meiro no Croisee but actually set in Japan. lol

qcf x2

The advantage of being sick at home is I get to watch stuff in bulk. As a result:

Legend of the Galactic Heroes season 1 (01-26): It would be useless to heap praise upon the show because everyone's seen or at least heard of it already, but suffice to say it is that damn good. I give season one a 9/10, with a point deducted because everyone's German, which (among other things) means their names are ridiculously difficult to keep track of.

The following I must get off my chest (along with this cold):

No! Not
Jessica Edwards.
Not like that! And, soon after,
Kircheis! It wasn't supposed to end like this, fuck this fictional universe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom