• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emitan

I would normally be the one claiming that, but k-on is completely devoid of perversion so I cant even begin to

Someone told me K-On! is a perverted show because Yui is clumsy and SOME PEOPLE HAVE A FETISH FOR CLUMSY GIRLS.

Everything is a fetish. By that logic nothing isn't perverted.

wonzo

Banned
Binbougami ga! 3
binbou3.jpg

This was a pretty good ep. It wasn;t as funny as the past two but it was more inline with the rather "touching" episodes of Gintama.
Does the dude make a re-appearance later on in manga?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Saki side A 2

team is built, kinda standard stuff. Cast seems likeable for the most part. When i cant decide best girl outright, it does mean the cast is pretty good.

But still... i'm leaning a bit on:

Good choice.

Battle Athletes - 14

After an
11 loss streak and damn near close to falling apart. Team A for Earth finally managed to pull out a win!

Just another case where yuri power conquers all.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The second half should have been a 13 episode show at best.
Time to prep the scrub button. lol

First Hito, now you? Heathens, the lot of you!
Hey, tell the world to stop making things for a couple of years and I'll catch up! lol

Saki side A 2

team is built, kinda standard stuff. Cast seems likeable for the most part. When i cant decide best girl outright, it does mean the cast is pretty good.

But still... i'm leaning a bit on:

Also... this hair!
When you have a billion female characters, all you can really do is give them funky hair or funky outfits!

NewFresh

Otome Nadeshiko Love Diary

Decided to watch it based off of Narag's post at the top of this page.

I see a lot of potential for something more in there. The whole premise of the artist and this girl who feels much like the girls he portrays in his painting is interesting.

But, ten minutes? Really? God damn. It was like trying to stop mid-pee. There needs to be more to this (Besides the light novels).

7Th

The episode with the ridiculous magical ghost cat killed Aria for me. I haven't been able to watch another episode. Windy Tales is the superior magic-realism mono-no-aware show, anyway.

Thoraxes

E7 AO - 14

I wat what that it the light uh thing what fuck why noooooo oh yessssssssssss why no why what what what what what what what what what whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy holllyyy shiiiiiiiiitttttttt yessssssss

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The episode with the ridiculous magical ghost cat killed Aria for me. I haven't been able to watch another episode. Windy Tales is the superior magic-realism mono-no-aware show, anyway.
Sorry bro, you're just wrong on this one. :(
You'd probably hate the
Cait Sith parts and the Night on the Galactic Railroad parts
. lol

7Th

Windy Tales has a swarm of flying cats in the very first episode, tho. I fail to see how that is any less ridiculous!

That's exactly the point! Windy Tales never pretends to not be ridiculous! First 5 minutes of episode 1 it screams at the audience: "YOU CAN EXPECT MAGICAL SHIT IN THIS SHOW, YO!"; Aria, on the other hand, breaks suspension of disbelief by not being upfront with it's more... mystical plot devices. That's just poor storytelling. Not to mention that the episode was shit in general: lazy writing, poor art and awkward direction. That one bit of "I CAN SEE YOUR PANTIES" dialogue was totally cringeworthy in context.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Polar Bear Cafe 16

Two great "troll" segments. Such easy jokes, but I found them funny anyway.

Rj74gl.jpg

Derpy Grizzly-san

DTg8Vl.jpg

Straight man Necktie-san

Secret best show of the year!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
That's exactly the point! Windy Tales never pretends to not be ridiculous! First 5 minutes of episode 1 it screams at the audience: "YOU CAN EXPECT MAGICAL SHIT IN THIS SHOW, YO!"; Aria, on the other hand, breaks suspension of disbelief by not being upfront with it's more... mystical plot devices. That's just poor storytelling.
Disagree. By that measure plot twists are never ok.

Polar Bear Cafe 16

Two great "troll" segments. Such easy jokes, but I found them funny anyway.

Rj74gl.jpg

Derpy Grizzly-san

DTg8Vl.jpg

Straight man Necktie-san

Secret best show of the year!

indeed. How can anyone hate:

ibfbkCu5PYkqgn.gif

I can see myself picking up the box set if it's ever brought over here. Seems like a show that has good 'replay value'.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
indeed. How can anyone hate:

http://i.minus.com/ibfbkCu5PYkqgn.gif

I can see myself picking up the box set if it's ever brought over here. Seems like a show that has good 'replay value'.
Yeah, it's like old Simpsons, before it became all about pop-culture references and Homer jokes. I could pull a random episode and have a good time with it playing in the background.

Also, the
erhu remix
of the background music during the Necktie segment was amazing. lol

I look forward to watching Polar Bear Cafe, it's josei too. :D
You should just watch it now. I don't really see any benefit from marathoning it... if anything, it might kill the comedy after a while.

Natsuyuki 3

This ghost is going to steal a body and pound his wife isn't he.
Maybe he'll steal his wife's body and fondle himherself.
Hehehe, such an amazing show. It's like a jdrama but without the shitty production values or acting!
You can have shipping wars right until the last episode (assuming it even ends conclusively anyway).

Also, this made me hungry:
iyvfIl.jpg

(Speaking of which, if this was a real jdrama, you could totally see a love square happening with the sister-in-law).

wonzo

Banned
People aren't joking when they say Polar Bear Cafe is one of the best shows of the year.

Sengoku Collection 16

Just imagine how good this episode would've been if they played Russian Roulette with an actual gun instead of shitty cakes. Whatever, not even lesbians could make this episode even remotely enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom