• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Is Devilman anygood?

tumblr_m7dsayrJ7t1rpa1dio1_r1_500.

Love the art.

The first two Devilman OVA's are really, really good.

K-on movie

The movie has mystery, magic, and action

+ your god tier kyoani movie animation. And an endless supply of cakeute gives you quite an amazing movie. It's been so long since i've heard yui's voice. i feel alive~

i was a bit confused with the whole get to the airport by 5... well i guess we never knew when their flight was anyhow. Maybe getting through security in london international is a pinch, idk.

cajunator

Banned
K-on movie

The movie has mystery, magic, and action

+ your god tier kyoani movie animation. And an endless supply of cakeute gives you quite an amazing movie. It's been so long since i've heard yui's voice. i feel alive~

i was a bit confused with the whole get to the airport by 5... well i guess we never knew when their flight was anyhow. Maybe getting through security in london international is a pinch, idk.

It was a most enjoyable movie. also I explained in the other thread that Yui just stuck her thumb in the orange. I do that sometimes too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's been so long since i've heard yui's voice. i feel alive~
You could have just watched this weeks YuruYuri.

They recommend you get to the airport hours before your flight and I doubt they did self checkin. Reminds me of oversleeping on my last day in Korea and I got to the airport checkin desk with a minute to spare.

duckroll

Considering all the hype surrounding the music track for the new OP I was rather, er disappointed.

Well, I guess I should weigh in with the impressions I've posted elsewhere. I'll try to be more detailed so we have something to talk about though.

Eureka Seven AO - Opening 2

This opening is storyboarded and directed by Yasushi Muraki. He's the special effects director of the series, and basically the guy who plans and animates the more elaborate action sequences so far. I like the guy a lot as an effects animator. He has a great sense of action flow and motion, as well as a great flair for making something feel really fast, dynamic, and exciting. The problem is, I don't think he's a very good director in general.

He hasn't really directed much, as he is primarily an animator. He did direct the Halo Legends short called Prototype though, which was also animated by BONES. I think both that short and this E7AO OP exhibit similar weaknesses in direction. There are some really solid individual cuts, and the general concept of the action is extremely sound. But the overall composition of the entire piece is lacking.

Muraki shows a lack of understanding in how to direct something like an experienced film maker, or someone who has a natural understanding of film language. Instead he focuses on what he knows best - good action and effects animation, and then fills the rest of the piece with stuff which feel generic and by the books, without making the piece feel unique or special in any way.

I think this is a good example of how some animators are better suited to directing and some are better suited to just staying with animation.

Dresden

Eureka 7 AO ep 14
Flow makes everything better. Awesome OP.

Too bad the plot leaves me confused.
I'm gonna scream if some bullshit happening that Elena is Eureka's daughter or something.

It's not like we didn't see
Elena with Eureka in that everyoneishigh episode.

cajunator

Banned
I have an answer to that. It's called "This is a movie".

Perhaps the actual flight was at 7 PM. Perhaps London is magic. Perhaps the writers didnt care enough to think about that. Who knows?

Dresden

So I guess there's some tie-in bouquets for Natsuyuki Rendezvous. You can also win some prizes and shit apparently, but who cares.

Z4lkv.png

J0P7f.png

T5pbH.png

The last one is funny because it's like a set of horns.

jbug617

Banned
Kono Naka Ni Hitori, Imouto Ga Iru! 3

What is going on in this show? Girls he just met a couple of days ago
try to cure him because they think he is gay but the person they see him with is really a girl. They go over the top with it forcing to him to eat food that will make him horny.
I'm curious who ends up being the little sister at the end.

cajunator

Banned
Exactly. People were like "Omigosh awesome" so I was expecting just that.

I didn't get that. First OP is way better.

Days >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>whatever E7AO has.
Plus the fact that the new OP sounds a lot like Days. Its listenable but its basically a clone of a better song.

Dresden

Exactly. People were like "Omigosh awesome" so I was expecting just that.

I didn't get that. First OP is way better.

People were hyped because it's FLOW and it's a new Eureka Seven op... there were quite a few people disappointed that it didn't live up to the hype.

cajunator

Banned
Kono Naka Ni Hitori, Imouto Ga Iru! 3

What is going on in this show? Girls he just met a couple of days ago
try to cure him because they think he is gay but the person they see him with is really a girl. They go over the top with it forcing to him to eat food that will make him horny.
I'm curious who ends up being the little sister at the end.

This show seems pretty awful, even by my (lack of) standards.

People were hyped because it's FLOW and it's a new Eureka Seven op... there were quite a few people disappointed that it didn't live up to the hype.

Eureka Seven is a cool concept and had a substantial following. I can see why people are excited about the sequel, but I also think people really do not seem to learn from the past when it comes to animu.

/XX/

You keep fighting the good fight for Nadia, /XX/, one day others will see the light.
I try, I try... cool to see that cajunator may probably be one of US soon!

Wasn't it turned down some time ago a pretty advantageous (amazingly good) deal with Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., to provide that network because of concerns (or distrust) on that company's ties with the Chinese government? That pride shows, and I don't think it is an English stereotype.

Caesnd

Eureka Seven had some of the best directed OPs that I can think of really, so the bar was pretty high I guess. I didn't think the new one was that awful past the halfmark, direction wise (save for some weird close ups I guess). The song was pretty par for the course from Flow I felt.

cajunator

Banned
I try, I try... cool to see that cajunator may probably be one of US soon!

Wasn't it turned down some time ago a pretty advantageous (amazingly good) deal with Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., to provide that network because of concerns (or distrust) on that company's ties with the Chinese government? That pride shows, and I don't think it is an English stereotype.

Itsl ikely.

I already watched that Disney Atlantis movie. Does that count?

Hell no.

Speaking of Star Driver

(this one is a spoiler)

http://i.imgur.com/BF4C7.jpg

:awesome:

Now that's more like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom