• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Paranoia Agent 2

7omUj.png

Man, so this is what it's like being the coolest kid in class, huh? A bit too much paranoia for my taste!

Seriously though, I liked the direction for this episode (specifically the scene where
you can audibly hear the rumors adults are spreading about Yuichi
). Seeing the world through the eyes of a "Class S douche" turned out more interesting than on paper! The
wish he made on the spot
only make his situation go for the worst. These events are enough to make him see the world in 90's-music-video-o-vision! Overall, I enjoyed the introduction of this brat.

I hope the character focused on next week can also bring something visually interesting to the table. If they continue to focus on Sagi, let the supernatural psychological elements flow!

shawnlreed

So I guess there's some tie-in bouquets for Natsuyuki Rendezvous. You can also win some prizes and shit apparently, but who cares.
orns.

This show continues to be great.
So much is this anime season is treading the same tired ground, but the animation and story with Natsuyuki Rendezvous is definitely holding my attention.
Tie-in bouquets make perfect sense.
Glad to see something like that as merchandise instead of a Rokka hug pillow.

So I Can't Fuck Her 3

Nice that they have an actual OP and ED now. Both aren't bad. Other than that, another good episode. Looking forward to heterochromia boob girl's role in all this. I'm guessing she forms a contract with insurance ho.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm watching this Chinese show called Bubu Jingxin where this girl is electrocuted & sent back in time to the Qing Dynasty. It's pretty magical.
I feel like pseudo-period dramas are allowed to get away with ridiculousness though.
Although the concept itself sounds anime-ish. :p
Oh wow, reading the concept, it looks like a mixture of anime and the British Life on Mars. lol

And strangely, the Chinese seem to still like the long shows.

cajunator

Banned
Right, so I'm about 8 minutes into the first ep of Horizon S1.

What the fuck am I watching, here?

Watch Infinite Stratos instead.

Paranoia Agent 2

Man, so this is what it's like being the coolest kid in class, huh? A bit too much paranoia for my taste!

Seriously though, I liked the direction for this episode (specifically the scene where
you can audibly hear the rumors adults are spreading about Yuichi
). Seeing the world through the eyes of a "Class S douche" turned out more interesting than on paper! The
wish he made on the spot
only make his situation go for the worst. These events are enough to make him see the world in 90's-music-video-o-vision! Overall, I enjoyed the introduction of this brat.

I hope the character focused on next week can also bring something visually interesting to the table. If they continue to focus on Sagi, let the supernatural psychological elements flow!

You'll soon understand why having a maromi plushie on my shelf might be seen as disturbing. It came with the artbox though. But I willfully brought it into my home.

Kokoro Connect 2 - While the first episode was just an intro, this one explains some of the reasons why the body-switching is happening, and starts getting into some of the issues that would come up if people did randomly swap bodies like that. I think this episode mixed the silly and serious elements of this show quite well. They really did a good job here with both -- there were some parts that were definitely amusing, and others that brought up some good questions. There was a bit too much about going to the bathroom, but well, it IS true that randomly swapping into someone of the other gender (who you know) and then they have to go to the bathroom would be an obvious issue. And it's not just played for laughs here or something, this show isn't like that.

So yeah, it was great seeing a bit more depth from the characters. Each one of the five has a different personality and interesting character. The group is made up of two guys and three girls, and they're each interesting in a different way. I guess this episode has a bit more of Taichi and Iori than the other three, though. Iori raises some good questions here. And Taichi... yeah, I can see why the girls don't really trust you. :p

vlcsnap-2012-07-20-16zgdhe.jpg

The being responsible, whatever it is, takes over their teacher and says that it's all basically being done in the hopes that there'll be entertaining results. What a troll. Understandably, the five of them are not thrilled about this...

vlcsnap-2012-07-20-16kbddf.jpg

Sorry, Taichi, but you can probably figure out why they don't entirely trust you... though they do somewhat.

vlcsnap-2012-07-20-16iad03.jpg

But are they really sure you'll stick to this? :)

vlcsnap-2012-07-20-16dyi2y.jpg

Indeed, Iori. This show certainly raises that (metaphysical) issue.

So yes, this was a great episode, even better than the first one for sure. Kokoro Connect is a good, high quality show certainly worth the watch.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
YDQa6l.jpg

I'm just wondering, does the Chocolate show have the same character designer or something as Amagami? The characters are weirdly familiar.

qcf x2

I'm still trying to decide if I want to buy Nadia or not. I haven't really seen enough that it wouldn't be considered a blind buy at this point.

wtf, your posts title/championship belt should be revoked. Buy that shit.

And fuck you guys talking about the Legend of the Galactic Heroes spoiler that I thought was something from the first season that I just completed. Welp, there goes that.

cajunator

Banned
I was reminded of this, is why I'm curious:
P6tlRl.jpg

Yeah amagami SS has a pretty simple style too. but I see MAL has revealed all.

wtf, your posts title/championship belt should be revoked. Buy that shit.

And fuck you guys talking about the Legend of the Galactic Heroes spoiler that I thought was something from the first season that I just completed. Welp, there goes that.

but is there much cute in Nadia?
I'm kidding, but I have just been into way too many other shows.

NewFresh

Nice combo, then!

La verdad es que me gusta aprovechar cualquier oportunidad que tengo para 'postear' las entrevistas, con su habitual 'cachondeito' fino, al Sr. Yamaga y al Sr. Akai. Mienten más que hablan pero son buena gente, ¡son todo unos personajes estos dos!

También a mi me encanta las entrevistas de estos amigos de colegio. Hablando de Yamaga me ha recordado que no he comprado el blu-ray de Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise todavía :(

I wonder how much Spanish is ok for the thread? Probably little to none much since it kinda excludes people...

qcf x2

but is there much cute in Nadia?
I'm kidding, but I have just been into way too many other shows.

Just make sure you confirm which episodes to skip/forgive when you get around to seeing it. It really would benefit from a remake as much as any anime I can think of.

Emitan

También a mi me encanta las entrevistas de estos amigos de colegio. Hablando de Yamaga me ha recordado que no he comprado el blu-ray de Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise todavía :(

I wonder how much Spanish is ok for the thread? Probably little to none much since it kinda excludes people...
What sucks is that I know a few years ago I'd be able to read that without a dictionary but I can't anymore.

Just finished watching the K-ON movie. I'm very impressed. It managed to condense all the good parts of the TV series, while still being fresh, interesting and funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom