• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanBlue

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate 3
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7ghcj1IcH1qbxqfpo1_500.png[img]

Yumeshima didnt suggest it, but it was nice the shy cat haired girl did. Yumeshima, Oojima, and a few of the various characters are really good in their own ways. Even non-chan, who refers in third perosn, is pretty decent...at times. Election snacks and interactions with a touch of comedy really keep it entertaining.

At least Yumeshima is willing to share Oojima's body, though I guess he wants his and Mouri senpais.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what it is about this show, but I really like the atmosphere. Aside from some moments which try to be dramatic but end up being kinda awkward, I really get sucked along with the pacing of this show. I like all of the characters too. It's just a pretty entertaining show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Little bit of K-On trivia. That public service announcement on the bus stop is real. They literally just copied a photo.

If you must know, it is about being rude to bus drivers.

And yes we have both double red lines and double yellow lines.
You know, you should cosplay as a Keion and re-enact the movie. I'd kickstart that!

Defuser

I realized lately - good, Evil, good taste, bad taste, etc etc. The yin and yang of anime can be summarized by one choice in anime.

ku7B9.jpg

Team Noe unite.

More like Team wierdo. Team Hiromi forever!

Eureka Seven AO 14
tumblr_m7g74c2PlB1rwv2mgo1_500.gif

Pretty good action and such.
Scene with Eureka being ejected from her Nirvash and then falling and reaching for AO
is perhaps one of the top 1o scenes in the series thus far. Truth was great as well but Elena was utterly awful.
going crazy and trying to attack Eureka and then taking Truth temporarily out of action, what even?
. Naru is unlikeable as well.
pointing her blade at AO? What why, if she wanted Ao to fly at her, why turn in one second to threaten to kill him off? That doesnt make sense for her to do

Child birth
was really intense, I wish I knew in advance so I could skip that part, it made me feel really uneasy and the face made and position on the bed was quite painful and horrifying, my eyes.

Anyway I liked lots of scenes in the ED and the song, much better than the first one, on account of AO's various hilarious faces and Noah too. Escape was the better OP song, but this one has nice visuals.

wonzo

Banned
K-On! Movie

This was everything I expected a K-On! movie to be and more. Everything from the fantastic animation, incredibly atmospheric backgrounds combined with the excellent scene composition and the pitch perfect soundtrack really made this a great film. Hell, it even got a little :firehawk towards the end and made me all a little bit teary eyed. ;_;

k-on%21mmugiisstrongest.jpg

mugi is strongest

also, is it just me or was that an instrumental cover of the ELO song Twilight at the
Japanese Culture Festival
?

BluWacky

Little bit of K-On trivia. Squint and you can see my university. Can't say that about Oxbridge! HA HA HA HA!

A friend of mine's family owns one of those flats near the London Eye. Suffice to say, it's well posh.

I can't find any anime set in Oxford, although apparently there's an Oxford Academy in Horizon? I'm kind of disappointed.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I can't find any anime set in Oxford, although apparently there's an Oxford Academy in Horizon? I'm kind of disappointed.
Probably named after Oxford Street.

Oh look it's the Eye of London. Costs like $100,000 to ride that damn thing.
Little bit of BGBW trivia. Never even been on it.

I wonder if Mio realised
she'd be waiting over an hour for them to go round if she had not been dragged on to it.

Jintor

Wait, is the K-On movie now... appearing in cinemas... while I was busy researching police procedurals?

Also are there any police procedural anime

Defuser

Eureka 7 AO ep 14
Flow makes everything better. Awesome OP.

Too bad the plot leaves me confused.
I'm gonna scream if some bullshit happening that Elena is Eureka's daughter or something.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wait, is the K-On movie now... appearing in cinemas... while I was busy researching police procedurals?

Also are there any police procedural anime
Yes, the K-On movie is trumping Batman!

And does You're Under Arrest count?

I don't think they exist in the American/British form in anime form anyway. Some jdramas try to ape the style though.

Dynedom

Time to play catch up

Eureka 7 AO - 01-02

Production values seem pretty good and I'm enjoying the music. Typical boy meets robot start but wasn't expecting anything else really. I do appreciate it not throwing too much at the viewer to the start the show. The situation seems very "micro" at the moment compared to "macro". I hate it when mech shows try to introduce everything in the first 1-2 episodes. Let it unravel as naturally as possible as the story progresses I say.

Character-wise, Ao seems to be starting off more likable than Renton. Let's see where this goes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
On the contrary, I never saw season 2 but the movie felt like it didnt reference much at all.
Which basically........makes no difference.
That's fine. The film works on its own. I'm just saying, it directly references one of the final scenes of the series.

I'm not sure what they could really reference. It's not like K-On has plot or character development.
Then you aren't paying attention.

it really does make a difference though. watch the series first
As someone who just watched the last few episodes of the series, you must have
liked how they wrapped it all up with Asuza's song. I watched the end of 24 again just to check and the movie even includes the part where Asuza says they're terrible. lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
liked how they wrapped it all up with Asuza's song. I watched the end of 24 again just to check and the movie even includes the part where Asuza says they're terrible. lol

I was waiting for
that punchline and then they just silence it.

wonzo

Banned
yeah, the lead up to that was pretty touching. ;_;

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was waiting for
that punchline and then they just silence it.
Yeah, it's a genius move. If you watched both S1 and S2, the movie ties in directly to
Azusa calling them terrible when they perform for her both times
(much like all the random references at the beginning of the film). If you haven't, it's just another
external establishing shot where if you aren't paying attention, you just think the girls are having a normal conversation after the song has ended.

That way, the scene works for people who know the series and for people who don't.

cajunator

Banned
Saki side A 2

team is built, kinda standard stuff. Cast seems likeable for the most part. When i cant decide best girl outright, it does mean the cast is pretty good.

But still... i'm leaning a bit on:

Also... this hair!

Wow...That is Shiki levels of awful. I call it "The blacksmith's bottle opener mistake"

Eureka Seven AO 14 is why it's dangerous sometimes to get too hyped up for things.

Thoraxes seems to disagree. I'm gonna side with him on this one.

K-On Movie
+budget
+great details and backgrounds
+London wasn't too stereotypical

-I still don't like k-on
-apollons performances were much more dynamic
-they all have the exact same face ><

Nice to see you gave this a shot and didn't completely dismiss it.

goddamn homophobes

i think the top left one needs marking

:(
Just mark it already. It just happened. I don't like it staring me in the face like a curse.

Ahhh, which is a scene that MacF referenced in the first episode.

Seriously, fanservice needs to fucking stop.

Fanservice has its place. Companies have to sell blurays! Without fanservice, there isn't much to sell to the otaku who buy stuff these days. You get Chihayafuru'd.

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate 3
tumblr_m7ghcj1IcH1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Yumeshima didnt suggest it, but it was nice the shy cat haired girl did. Yumeshima, Oojima, and a few of the various characters are really good in their own ways. Even non-chan, who refers in third perosn, is pretty decent...at times. Election snacks and interactions with a touch of comedy really keep it entertaining.

At least Yumeshima is willing to share Oojima's body, though I guess he wants his and Mouri senpais.

I see the sords shy cat haired girl". Color me interested. But the title is equally intriguing. I have no idea what to expect from this show but it piqued my interest generally.

K-On! Movie

This was everything I expected a K-On! movie to be and more. Everything from the fantastic animation, incredibly atmospheric backgrounds combined with the excellent scene composition and the pitch perfect soundtrack really made this a great film. Hell, it even got a little :firehawk towards the end and made me all a little bit teary eyed. ;_;

k-on%21mmugiisstrongest.jpg

mugi is strongest

also, is it just me or was that an instrumental cover of the ELO song Twilight at the
Japanese Culture Festival
?

YES!!! I noticed this too and mentioned it when I talked about the movie and on the way to London I swear I heard a U2 song. It sounded very similar to "Still haven't found what I'm looking for". Nice catch!

Yes, the K-On movie is trumping Batman!

And does You're Under Arrest count?

I don't think they exist in the American/British form in anime form anyway. Some jdramas try to ape the style though.

You're Under Arrest ALWAYS counts!!!
A gem in my collection. Never gonna sell it.

Do I need to finish the K-ON series before watching the movie?

Absolutely not.

cajunator

Banned
Ill watch anything with good animation (as long as its not genuinely terrible or boring)
you could make an awesome stick figure animation and ill still watch it intently

THat's alright. I should make a little animation and see if You'd watch it lol.

i'm liking this show a lot .

A simple adventure show is quite refreshing ...

Elemental Gelade is a fun adventure show. Its nothing special but it has nice music and cute characters like Reverie.
On the other side of the coin, have you watched Twelve Kingdoms? Its pretty epic. Its kind of complex though and you have to pay attention to everything.

sonicmj1

Paranoia Agent 2

I've seen pieces of four episodes of Paranoia Agent, and this is one of them.

Episodes like this are the reason I wanted to see it to completion in the first place.

Kosaka Kirino Yuuichi is a bit of a self-absorbed asshole, but he's also a sixth-grader, so it's not surprising. Kids are terrible people, and that's kind of what the episode is about in the first place. You can see how the school's authority figures really fail to protect him.

Kon is on top of his game here. There's some great direction. I really like the way they intercut the rumors about Shonen Bat with Yuuichi's poster being progressively defaced. I love how we're constantly aware of how Yuuichi wants to be seen, contrasted with the way he's being treated. I'm not crazy about the swimmy cartoony paranoia, but I love how
Shonen Bat appears out of nowhere during Yuuichi's fantasies to take down Ushiyama

iU2Jy.png

Great facial expressions too.

I guess
Marumi is some kind of foreshadowing vehicle? For the moment, I'm going to take the formula stuff as a sort of metacommentary about society failing to recognize the people it's hurting. I think I'd like an in-universe explanation less.

More stuff like this please. Shonen Bat is less interesting to me at the moment than the people he affects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom