• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up on the thread after just waking up.

Barely any impressions and a lot of cute talk about cute stuff. Is it due to Billie?

And I think my favorite tails I've seen and touched are Shiba Inu and golden retriever.

Fluffy~

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
NTR World 15
68689.jpg
7i2eN.jpg
YES. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

P.S. Burst Into the Gravity wouldn't be so ear-grating if it didn't have the Engrish rapping. It's like a weird mixture of silly Nana Mizuki anisong and a Shoji Meguro track.

K-ON! The Movie

:firehawk
:cajun
:etc

Well, if you liked the two series, this is pretty much exactly what you were looking for. The animation is as usual incredibly beautiful with the added polish of a film budget. That hasn't changed at all.

What was different about the movie was this is the first time K-ON! has had a full 5.1 mix, and it is glorious. The sound of the performances fills the entire soundstage and having surround channels adds both realistic depth and width to the sound field. If you have a full 5.1+ speaker setup you will really enjoy the performances in the movie. Whoever was in charge of the sound design definitely knows how musical performances sound live, because the movie just nails it. It was really something amazing to hear, I've heard real professionally produced concert DVD/BDs mixed more poorly than this film was during the performance sequences.

If this is really the end of the K-ON animated franchise they certainly gave it the sendoff it deserved. Oh, and Dat ED. I love Yoko Hikasa's voice.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
También a mi me encanta las entrevistas de estos amigos de colegio. Hablando de Yamaga me ha recordado que no he comprado el blu-ray de Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise todavía :(

I wonder how much Spanish is ok for the thread? Probably little to none much since it kinda excludes people...
We should make our own Spanish spin-off thread!
What's with all of this Mexican shit? I thought this was America! *should have studied Spanish instead of German in high school*
America goes from Greenland to Chile. [/smut]
Toradora! Ep. 4

I'm still not enjoying this, it's all so forced. Taiga being otaku bait doesn't help.
Everything is otaku bait to you though.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Accel World 15

NTR and blackmail are creepy, gross, and all around bad. I just want to watch robots fight and stuff Accel World, why are you making this so uncomfortable. Engrish guy did his best to make the episode not a complete downer.

God, I am not looking forward to watching this episode.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The best/worst part of the year is finally here! I hope my wallet can take it.
Is that producer-san's popsicle?

K-ON! The Movie

:firehawk
:cajun
:etc

Well, if you liked the two series, this is pretty much exactly what you were looking for. The animation is as usual incredibly beautiful with the added polish of a film budget. That hasn't changed at all.

What was different about the movie was this is the first time K-ON! has had a full 5.1 mix, and it is glorious. The sound of the performances fills the entire soundstage and having surround channels adds both realistic depth and width to the sound field. If you have a full 5.1+ speaker setup you will really enjoy the performances in the movie. Whoever was in charge of the sound design definitely knows how musical performances sound live, because the movie just nails it. It was really something amazing to hear, I've heard real professionally produced concert DVD/BDs mixed more poorly than this film was during the performance sequences.

If this is really the end of the K-ON animated franchise they certainly gave it the sendoff it deserved. Oh, and Dat ED. I love Yoko Hikasa's voice.
Oh yeah, the sound mix was great in the music scenes but also in the rest of the movie. Except for the silent airplane, I suppose. :p

Articalys

I've largely stopped reporting on ISML since it's the same people over and over again and the politics of it are getting boring, but there was this exhibition match recently:

6Nup7.png

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Accel World - 15

Calling Haru pathetic would be an understatement. There's simply no words that can adequately describe how worthless he is. My neck hurts from smh so much during this episode.

Soma

I've largely stopped reporting on ISML since it's the same people over and over again and the politics of it are getting boring, but there was this exhibition match recently:

6Nup7.png

I'm slightly conflicted but at least I liked Kuroyukihime from the 1 ½ worth of episodes I watched from Accel World.

Nafe

Ok, I decided to switch to Ame and Yuki but couldn't decide on which one so I chose both. If it looks weird then I'll pick just one then switch to the other after a period of time.

Some would argue they aren't the same. I personally think you might as well go all-in.

Okay I guess I'm still not sure what exactly makes up a furry character despite people posting that chart and such. It seems to be the same kind of conversation as "what is moe?". I guess I'll stay out of such talk in the future.

To be clear, I don't have this avatar just for the movie, even though it is a great occasion for it.

No, yeah, I didn't think so but your right in that it definitely works out.

pretty sure its a loli

Yeah I guess, I was just looking for a cutesie type character. She's from Tayutama: Kiss on my Deity but I haven't seen it so I don't know what it's like. Maybe someone else has though.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
GTO 3

What if members of AnimeGAF were roommates?
9H8Mal.jpg

Of course!

I9 visited for a week last year. Basically we watched animu, played games, and put I9 in dresses so I could take photos of how cute it was. We also looked at hentai. And my wife said "WHATAREYOUDOING!?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom