• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafe

Just for fun and to celebrate Mamoru Hosoda's new film Ōkami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki opening in Japanese theaters I thought I'd temporarily switch from my Minako avatar and embrace my inner nekomimi.

Cipher (1989)

http://i.imgur.com/COQNU.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Remember how we were talking about how I liked AnimeGaf for people bring up old and obscure shows? Well thank you for bringing this one to my attention :)

[QUOTE]I almost feel like this should be added to “The list” due to one particular dance sequence…[I]almost[/I]. [/QUOTE]

What is this "list" your referring to?

[quote="Hitokage, post: 40058984"]Haha, I'll gladly talk about it I just don't think it's an acceptable product!

Unfortunately, episode six, one of Ikuhara's, was on the chopping block for the dub.[/QUOTE]

Haha, Oh Ok. Episode 6 was a good one too! I thought so anyway. I thought another of Ikuhara's got cut but I guess I was thinking of how DIC made the last two episodes into one. So I was only half right.

[quote="Narag, post: 40059059"][B]Otome Nadeshiko Love Diary[/B]

Ten minute OVA based on the LN of the same name that came bundled with the second book in the series.[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to thank you as well for bringing this one to my attention. You seem to have been looking through a lot of older or obscure shows too. Well as always I look forward to hearing about them!

[quote="Chet Rippo, post: 40059088"]B-but, Yoko![/QUOTE]

I actually really like [B]Atsushi Nishigori[/B]'s character designs. The only other shows that I know of with them are [B]The Idolm@ster[/B] and [B]Panty & Stocking[/B] though. If there are other shows then I haven't seen them I don't think. Someone like [B]7Th[/B] or [B]/XX/[/B] might know though.

[quote="Billiechu, post: 40069136"]Oh look it's the Eye of London. Costs like $100,000 to ride that damn thing.[/QUOTE]

Actually not that long ago I was watching a program with the [B]London Eye[/B] but its focus was actually on the [B]Singapore Flyer[/B]. [B]Duckroll[/B] is from Singapore right? I wonder if he splurged on a few thousand dollars and went for a ride on it?

qcf x2

Why on earth would I skip any of it?

It has a notoriously nasty filler section toward the end that culminates with what is probably the single worst filler episode of all time.

In my opinion those episodes are the only thing stopping the series from being flawless.

cajunator

Banned
It has a notoriously nasty filler section toward the end that culminates with what is probably the single worst filler episode of all time.

In my opinion those episodes are the only thing stopping the series from being flawless.

I thank you for the advice, but I'm gonna stick through it all.

Kagami

Remember when Macross World warned everyone that there might be censorship and alternations in the HD remaster of DYRL? And pizzaroll was all "BULLSHIT I BET THEY'RE LYING AND MAKING UP SHIT!"? Well.... har har!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ie-blu-ray-to-have-changes-from-1984-original
Really disappointing, for multiple reasons.

Even if I were to believe the idea that Kawamori has hated those scenes for 30 years and finally got the opportunity to "fix" them (as opposed to some other theory like "whoops, we have to edit it to get CERO A for our PS3 game package") the issue is introducing unnatural blurs and fades into the movie, making it look like a cheap for-TV edit. Maybe it doesn't look as bad as I'm expecting, but I'm not optimistic.

To add insult to injury, the previous HD remaster DVD release included two versions of the movie: the fixed up home video version, and the original theatrical version, animation mistakes and all, so people who wanted the theater experience, even for things that were clearly mistakes and not part of anyone's "vision," could still have it.
But this time they've done a 180 on that and there's only one version of the movie itself (with two versions of the opening and ending sequences to choose from).

As much as I love Macross (didn't think twice about buying the $500 BD release of the TV series), I'm going to have to pass on this and see if they do it right some time in the future.

Go_Ly_Dow

I realized lately - good, Evil, good taste, bad taste, etc etc. The yin and yang of anime can be summarized by one choice in anime.

ku7B9.jpg

Team Noe unite.

wow, you have terrible taste.

Accel world 15
tumblr_m7he6beokh1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Taku definitely must get in action, he deserves it. But that was definitely one of the more emotional episodes this season.
It was pretty intense when Haru lost and was crying with Chiyu. Dusk Taker is a good character but all the distress he is causing everyone is so unfair. Even worst, Taku and Haru were supposed to have made up but Haru still even now harbors these emotions about him that he ought to have even gave up. Making Taku feel all bad and even to the point of crying was really too much for me for that scene. I really hope they make up fast, as Taku is ready and willing

The scene in the OP makes sense now.
Ash is a really cool character and all his scenes were fun and nice inspiration moment. I cant wait to see what Sky Laker says

Oh I thought this is nice

Nafe

Pfft. I wish I had tail. It would be so cute~

You know, with some Star Trek diehards actually getting their ears surgically altered to look like Spock and that one guy who got his tongue split to look like a snake I'm wondering how long it will be before doctors perfect actual real cat ears or bunny ears on humans and some crazy otaku wants to have them.

Nice, she even comes with her own mini Vox Aura! I don't think I've seen a Nendroid that I didn't think was really cute. I missed those Saber ones at the link and those ones look really cool. Her armor and sword and one even with a mini bike!

Novid

Banned
You know, with some Star Trek diehards actually getting their ears surgically altered to look like Spock and that one guy who got his tongue split to look like a snake I'm wondering how long it will be before doctors perfect actual real cat ears or bunny ears on humans and some crazy otaku wants to have them.

ten years away from that.

Articalys

Nice, she even comes with her own mini Vox Aura! I don't think I've seen a Nendroid that I didn't think was really cute. I missed those Saber ones at the link and those ones look really cool. Her armor and sword and one even with a mini bike!
Unfortunately, Aura is a separate item in this case. Sneaky bit of collaboration between the two manufacturers.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You really notice it in the eyes. It was the first thing I thought of when watching it.
Yeah, that weird extra thick eye outline and the overall designs of the eyes. Weird.

It starts out comedic (and I did think it was funny, mostly intentionally, but maybe I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt because it's the first live action show I've seen in ages?) and apparently turns SUPER DRAMATIC later on as the MC can't decide between princes. (Pick the fourth, girl, he becomes a damn emperor!)
I guess I shouldn't say anything, but based on the wikipedia entry, it seems to have a very
:firehawk
ending. It seems like Mark Twain was onto something with the whole "dude goes back in time and has wacky adventures because of his foreknowledge of events" thing though. lol

On this issue I'll defer to you, since I know absolutely nothing about Chinese popular culture. (I'm just proud of myself for recognizing the words for "hello" and "you're welcome" in Mandarin.)
Well, I don't really either, other than the fact that every Chinese/HK series I've considered watching is 30+ episodes while the j/k/tw dramas seem to be in the 10ish range, with the random exception that proves the rule. Then again, the Chinese also seem to have fewer shows that air (or at least, that are noteworthy enough to pop up on d-addicts) so maybe they have to make up for it by making them long historical/fantasy epics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom