• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
K-ON! Movie

Snacks.

NaTsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 3

*pic*

It's crazy how wrapped up I get in this show. The episode felt like five minutes.

I wonder how different I'd view the show if I sympathized with Shimao more. As it stands I absolutely love the chemistry between adult Oreki and Rokka, and I just find Shimao a bit of a whiny baby at the moment. He was especially annoying in this episode but granted it's understandable given the situation. The show does a really good job at making each character easy to sympathize with and the drama unfolds in a nice and rather realistic manner (despite the uh... whole situation).

Really looking forward to more of the show.

Show of the season.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Okay I guess I'm still not sure what exactly makes up a furry character despite people posting that chart and such. It seems to be the same kind of conversation as "what is moe?". I guess I'll stay out of such talk in the future.
They're both levels of anthropomorphism. Another level would be a more regular looking animal that may or may not walk upright, wear clothes, and talk, like in Night on the Galactic Railroad. An even lesser level would just be talking animals. It's just that a character that has a mostly human appearance outside animal ears and tail is more common in anime and some people don't associate it with "furry", while characters that are human in form but with outward animal traits beyond just ears and tail to include jaw, body fur, and so on like in my avatar are most strongly associated with it.

Some people make the distinction as a form of denial, though. Just having ears makes it feel safe for them, but Hosoda's movie won't allow this, hence the jokes.

wonzo

Banned
LOGH 12
logh12b.jpg
logh12c.jpg
logh12d.jpg
logh12e.jpg

This pretty much summed up not only the episode but so far the entire series far better than I could ever hope to. The next few episodes are going to get very interesting given what happened in this episode.

I did like the use imagery in this episode with the smarmy Trunicht
voting against something he supports to garner sympathy with the rising anti-war voters
and the completely dejected Yang contemplating what's next with Sitolet
after the invasion has been approved
and the way in which the use of perspective and scenery effectively sums up the power each wield.

The manga is even more amazing.
Took you long enough to watch this one. The manga is even more awesome, if you can believe that.
I most certainly can if the ending with
Putin, Tymoshenko and THE FUCKING POPE
was anything to go by!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Accel World - 15

This is the last episode where I bother with the real-world shit. I lasted three episodes watching the whole thing--13~15--and I don't know how some of you guys have watched +10 episodes of it. This is fucking horrible.
Because it didn't used to be this terrible.

Accel World 15

Jesus christ, Haru! You are completely ruining the canon HaruxTaku pairing with this! What the fuck, dude.

Seriously, this is the first time in the whole show that I thought "what the fuck are you doing, Haru?" Everything else he's done was par for the course for an overweight middle school kid with an inferiority complex, but this goes beyond self-esteem issues and more into over-exaggerated territory. Maybe it's justifiable as a knee-jerk reaction after the dude found his own sanctuary and having to comprehend
the possibility of it being taken away
, but still...

Anyway, good episode otherwise. I like the villain's ability and his design. It's also nice to know
Haru isn't invincible. After the asspull that was the wings appearing, I thought it was about time he lost a fight.
I'm thinking the douche will make for a good fight.

And of course, Ash is still awesome. His presence might make the upcoming training arc tolerable. Should be fun.

Its always this terrible, you know that.

No, it isn't. I've had absolutely no problem with the real world segments before this episode.

duckroll

Silly people arguing about whether it was always this bad. Guess what? Who cares? It was terrible, doesn't matter if its even more terrible now! Dresden will now follow the Path of Duck, and he will have less pain and suffering in his life. :D

Thud

LOGH 12

This pretty much summed up not only the episode but so far the entire series far better than I could ever hope to. The next few episodes are going to get very interesting given what happened in this episode.

His rants are also awesome. Fanatastic universe. Please continue watching.

fertygo

Before Noumi it was just bad, now it's gone way beyond that.

The dialogue was always insanely cheesy since the start that make you want to puke all the time. You know what, "at least" this NTR arc is closer to what I'm used to read when night is cold, I take that. Bwahahahahaha. The ordeal for Roboaction is stronger than ever.

Accel World - 15

This is the last episode where I bother with the real-world shit. I lasted three episodes watching the whole thing--13~15--and I don't know how some of you guys have watched +10 episodes of it. This is fucking horrible.
It helps to watch it from a certain perspective. Kikurihime-senpai being psychotic, Chiyu being mentally handicapped, Cartman being moe, etc.

It functions as a movie just fiiiiine. You just have a limited perspective on what constitutes proper filmmaking, probably.
The point is that it's playing on a different field than the vast majority of anime, or maybe it's playing a different game. I don't know, it's just different. I suppose I need to watch Belladonna of Sadness next.

Dresden

It helps to watch it from a certain perspective. Kikurihime-senpai being psychotic, Chiyu being mentally handicapped, Cartman being moe, etc.
No snowblackprincesssenpai to ease the pain... damn this arc.
Silly people arguing about whether it was always this bad. Guess what? Who cares? It was terrible, doesn't matter if its even more terrible now! Dresden will now follow the Path of Duck, and he will have less pain and suffering in his life. :D
Feels like I gave up, somehow.

wonzo

Banned
Sailor Moon 13

Not even passenger jets are safe from the neverending insanity of The Dark Kingdom.
Jadeite will be missed but fortunately the person replacing him looks even more fabulous~

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
K-On Movie + K-On!! Eps 27

I am so glad I didn't watch episode 27, otherwise the anticipation for the movie would destroy me from inside out.

The movie is really nice, full of smiling moments, a lot of scene I actually laugh out loud. 2012 anime can be over now without any regret, even if the rest of the 2012 are nothing but boob ninjas.

Yui became more and more of a rapist. Good thing Azuyan learned some self defense

I'm not buying this even for a second. People who follow the Path of Duck have been torturing themselves with crummy Bones animes, which increases the pain and suffering in their lives! :D

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Silly people arguing about whether it was always this bad. Guess what? Who cares? It was terrible, doesn't matter if its even more terrible now!
Me. I care. I don't want to deal with unbearably out of character and overwrought drama. I didn't mind the dumb real world misunderstandings. When real threats are introduced into the real world the stupidity shines.
No snowblackprincesssenpai to ease the pain... damn this arc.
Wrong missing Queen.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Stop releasing exclusive goodies for people who can't get them. Where is my Akari figurine?

Also I can't really imagine going to an event, pretending to be a middle school Japanese school girl with a bunch of stranger where my only words are "Hai" and "Baka".

TOO MANY ENGLISH PEOPLE WINKING
( ≖‿-)~♡
Going to wink at all the Japanese tourists now.

Southpark tears.gif
Am I the only one who wasn't a fan of this episode?

wonzo

Banned
Rinne no Lagrange 13

Hmm, I honestly couldn't care any less for the stupid and poorly fleshed out space war so it was rather disappointing for this season to start off with that crap instead of the upbeat mecha action which is why I started watching it in the first place. Hopefully it starts focusing in on that soon. The new OP and ED aren't as good as the first ones but then again, not that many are.

Narag

Cat Shit One

Based on the Apocalypse Meow manga, this is a 21 minute CG ONA about two soldiers attempting to rescue prisoners in some nebulous Middle Eastern country after the situation they're observing goes south. There's gunplay aplenty, pretty fab action, and direction more akin to a modern Hollywood action film than most anime. It's CG anime done right and, as a result, it's really damn cool. Oh yeah, the soldiers are the fluffiest of bunnies which creates this bizarre juxtaposition of the horrors of wars when the soldiers are absolutely adorable.

Ostensibly its referred to as Cat Shit One: The Animated Series but I've no idea if more is ever coming as this is a couple years old as is.

wonzo

Banned
Rinne no Lagrange 14

Now that's more like it! They actually explained the reason why their fighting over the Vox in the first place but I still don't really care about that as it's back to the fun and games mixed with mecha action if the next week PV is anything to go by! Maru!

Yeah, the ED's starting to warm up on me a bit but I noticed they seem to be mixing up the lyrics for each episode so-far. I can't deny just how moe it is though~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom