• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why isn't this real?

iI15x.jpg

Forever doujin...

cajunator

Banned
Cat Shit One

Based on the Apocalypse Meow manga, this is a 21 minute CG ONA about two soldiers attempting to rescue prisoners in some nebulous Middle Eastern country after the situation they're observing goes south. There's gunplay aplenty, pretty fab action, and direction more akin to a modern Hollywood action film than most anime. It's CG anime done right and, as a result, it's really damn cool. Oh yeah, the soldiers are the fluffiest of bunnies which creates this bizarre juxtaposition of the horrors of wars when the soldiers are absolutely adorable.

Ostensibly its referred to as Cat Shit One: The Animated Series but I've no idea if more is ever coming as this is a couple years old as is.

This short animation was awesome. It was surreal with the bunnies and camels but rendered quite realistically. Im not sure if it was meant to be as hilarious as it ended up being.

Why isn't this real?

Forever doujin...

What do you mean real?

/XX/

I wonder how much Spanish is ok for the thread? Probably little to none much since it kinda excludes people...
What sucks is that I know a few years ago I'd be able to read that without a dictionary but I can't anymore.
Pero velo por este lado, al menos podría ser curioso ver las versiones de nuestros posts traducidas al inglés en google.
What sucks is that i'm mexican and i can't understand (most of) that
What's with all of this Mexican shit? I thought this was America! *should have studied Spanish instead of German in high school*
This is america? I wonder how all the members from other countries feel about that notion.
If they're upset they go to the non American Internet.
They're American but they just don't know it. America!
If you're not American you are an illegal immigrant on the Internet. Stop stealing our e-jobs!
I have papers, I swear!
Parem de falar Argentino, caramba!
Looks like something similar to 'Spanish Fridays' wasn't going to take-off in here... right?

I actually really like Atsushi Nishigori's character designs. The only other shows that I know of with them are The Idolm@ster and Panty & Stocking though. If there are other shows then I haven't seen them I don't think. Someone like 7Th or /XX/ might know though.
If 7Th hasn't responded, I'll try.

He only acted as animation character designer on those projects, as far as I know. Since he became a GAiNAX 'protégé' early on his career and after a bigger role, along with many "youngsters" of the studio, on Aim for the Top 2! Diebuster, his real breakthrough from key-animator related posts was as a close associate of Mr. Imaishi on Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann. Precious first original hit from GORIPON, because later he adapted the conceptual character designs from Mr. Yoshinari on P&SwG and the previous designs made for the games by Mr. Kuboota on THE IDOLM@STER.

There have been conjectures and discussions (for example, in here between 7Th and duckroll) that precisely mentioned his possible involvement in MAGI (マギ) as character designer, but it doesn't seems that he is.

Official Site open: http://roboticsnotes.tv

Original Work: MAGES.
Director: Kazuya Nomura
Scenario Supervision: Tatsuya Matsubara, Naotaka Hayashi
Series Composition: Jukki Hanada

Original Character Design: Tomonori Fukuda
Animation Character Design: Chikashi Kubota
Key Animator: Hideki Takahashi

Prop Design: Shingo Takenaka
Mechanic Design: Takuma Ebisu
Art Director/Art Setting: Ichirou Tatsuta
Color Setting: Miho Tanaka

Director of Photography: Yohei Konishi
Editing: Junichi Uematsu
Sound Director: Kazuhiro Wakabayashi
Music: Takeshi Abo, Yuuki Hayashi

Animation Production: Production IG
The noitaminA's TV block related rumors from time ago continue to be spot-on (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36493597&postcount=3362)! I hope there will still be a continuous source of early and juicy information.

wonzo

Banned
Moyashimon Returns 1

Hmm, I can't say I'm a fan of the changed art style but I didn't really notice it all that much at times. Oh well, it's more Moyashimon so I can't really complain. The new OP sucks but the ED's pretty good even if it isn't as great and quirky as the first one was.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Accel World - 15

This is the last episode where I bother with the real-world shit. I lasted three episodes watching the whole thing--13~15--and I don't know how some of you guys have watched +10 episodes of it. This is fucking horrible.

It wasn't easy, but I just can't convince myself to skip an episode.

7Th

If 7Th hasn't responded, I'll try.

He only acted as animation character designer on those projects, as far as I know. Since he became a GAiNAX 'protégé' early on his career and after a bigger role, along with many "youngsters" of the studio, on Aim for the Top 2! Diebuster, his real breakthrough from key-animator related posts was as a close associate of Mr. Imaishi on Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann. Precious first original hit from GORIPON, because later he adapted the conceptual character designs from Mr. Yoshinari on P&SwG and the previous designs made for the games by Mr. Kuboota on THE IDOLM@STER.

Actually, Nishgori was been in Gainax longer than that. He even directed and storyboarded the OP of KonoMini.

Grzi

AKB0048 - 4-12

Instead of catching up on E7AO (it's coming up next), I decided to tackle this, since it's over tomorrow. I expected more to be honest, not more in terms of quality, but in terms of fun definitely. It's not bad, but it definitely takes itself more seriously than it should. I expected more idol vs. mecha battles and quirky jokes but got too much drama. Oh well, at least the backgrounds are nice, I think the entire setting looks great actually.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Cat Shit One

Ostensibly its referred to as Cat Shit One: The Animated Series but I've no idea if more is ever coming as this is a couple years old as is.

I'm guessing that it probably bombed, despite being somewhat progressive about their release schedule.

/XX/

Actually, Nishgori was been in Gainax longer than that. He even directed and storyboarded the OP of KonoMini.
Yeah, that is right. It figures on his '作画@wiki' page (http://www18.atwiki.jp/sakuga/pages/967.html).

But I didn't say he wasn't at GAiNAX before that, I probably should have said "Since he became a GAiNAX 'protégé' early on his career and later after a bigger role...". The "bigger" implied something more important compared to his previous roles also at GAiNAX.

Narag

I'm guessing that it probably bombed, despite being somewhat progressive about their release schedule.

Might be. Wikipedia has it listed as 12 episodes planned but it seems like the gimmick would get old after a while even if it did maintain the quality of the first episode.

Jarmel

Banned
Yeah, the ED's starting to warm up on me a bit but I noticed they seem to be mixing up the lyrics for each episode so-far. I can't deny just how moe it is though~

They're mixing up the visuals too. There was a quick sequence focusing on Lan in ep 14 in the ED.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Might be. Wikipedia has it listed as 12 episodes planned but it seems like the gimmick would get old after a while even if it did maintain the quality of the first episode.
I'm assuming that doing decent looking CG OVAs is a pretty expensive endeavour, so they probably cut their loses. Knowing nothing beyond the fact that the original was set in Vietnam, it could have been an interesting war anthology if it was grungy like Generation Kill or something like that.

/XX/

Talking about those GAiNAX "youngsters" earlier and seeing Mr. Kubota on the staff for ROBOTICS;NOTES reminds me of the situation in which the studio was and it is right now; exporting such immense talent while waiting for the next ones to come. Look at this article that includes interviews with those GAiNAX young rising stars at that time (http://www.style.fm/log/01_talk/gaina01.html, http://www.style.fm/log/01_talk/gaina02.html and http://www.style.fm/log/01_talk/gaina03.html), on 2003... they are all everywhere else now except for Mr. Saeki!

Will we see in the future more of those Tatsurō Kawano, Kuga Moeka and more promising people they are teaching? I hope so, for the good going of the studio's well earned reputation.

Ultimadrago

Nichijou 12
This will be my go-to Ultimadrago support image from now on.

Lord (El Cantare) knows I'll need some here and there!

Talking about those GAiNAX "youngsters" earlier and seeing Mr. Kubota on the staff for ROBOTICS;NOTES reminds me of the situation in which the studio was and it is right now; exporting such immense talent while waiting for the next ones to come. Look at this article that includes interviews with those GAiNAX young rising stars at that time (http://www.style.fm/log/01_talk/gaina01.html, http://www.style.fm/log/01_talk/gaina02.html and http://www.style.fm/log/01_talk/gaina03.html), on 2003... they are all everywhere else now except for Mr. Saeki!

Will we see in the future more of those Tatsurō Kawano, Kuga Moeka and more promising people they are teaching? I hope so, for the good going of the studio's well earned reputation.

Reposting /XX/'s news share for a new page.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Okay, so Time Jam 22 just did the old science fiction thing of
travelling back in time to meet an old famous author and inspire their stories

This really is a show after my heart. Although I suppose my nostalgia for simple science fiction will die off soon enough after I watch the TNG S1 episodes in a week or so. lol

Defuser

Accel World ep 15
Finally! Yuki Kaji's speciality in almost all characters he voice in has appeared! Self loathing, inferiority complex and delusion meltdown! That was totally a Ouma Shu moment.

And this show needs more Ash Roller and his 'awesome' Engrish.

Narag

Twilight of the Dark Master

Here's another blast from the past I'd evidently watched but forgotten. 1997 OVA adaptation of a manga of the same named directed by Akiyuki Shinbo, it's an interesting little piece. The story starts off with a young couple together in privacy. Since this is anime, of course the guy turns into a demon and rips her arm off before running off. She recovers, receives a prosthesis, but still bears mental scars and, by chance, is introduced to a man, Tsunami Shijo, that not only believes her story but is willing to hunt the demon down for her. There's more nonsense about Tsunami's past and the drug research resulting in a person turning into a demon that I didn't find particularly engaging.

The highlights of this OVA end up being the fast forceful action with nice effects which, in turn, is thankfully used sparingly which gives the few bits we do get that much more weight. The other is the backdrop of Neo Shinjuku. This is set in 2089 so there's this wonderful cyberpunk future feel to everything about it which is particularly highlighted in the introduction to the Crystal Box sex club scene. Sensual audio and graphic stills present it as a place to truly indulge one's senses.

zJhocl.png

nR0xil.png

As I said, I really enjoyed the world. Thought the cityscape backgrounds were pretty good as well.

X2oYNl.png

Stylish action shot just because.

Narag

Okay, so Time Jam 22 just did the old science fiction thing of
travelling back in time to meet an old famous author and inspire their stories

This really is a show after my heart. Although I suppose my nostalgia for simple science fiction will die off soon enough after I watch the TNG S1 episodes in a week or so. lol

I want to get back to this but I was waiting for the comics to arrive. I think they're lost in the mail... forever.

Accel World ep 15
Finally! Yuki Kaji's speciality in almost all characters he voice in has appeared! Self loathing, inferiority complex and delusion meltdown! That was totally a Ouma Shu moment.

And this show needs more Ash Roller and his 'awesome' Engrish.

I dont think Shu ever did get this low. I think he is a great voice for these moments, probably my favorite va.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom