• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I like how the preview in Kokoro Connect is like a soap with snippets of the next episode randomly interchanged.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I like how the preview in Kokoro Connect is like a soap with snippets of the next episode randomly interchanged.
I've noticed recently that there are a few styles of previews:

1) standard narration from an omniscient narrator - Moretsu Pirates
2) standard narration from a single character - Eureka 7 AO
3) dialog between several characters from the show in character - Sankarea, Polar Bear Cafe
4) random lines of dialog interspersed between random scenes from the show - HanaIro, Tari Tari
5) random scenes, no dialog - Oda Nobuna
6) just a title card - Symphogear
7) no PV at all - many noitaminA shows

Seems like it's become a bit of an art which one you decide to use, although the first three are the most popular.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Update!!! After seeing Koroko episode 3 I moved it up. Expanded categories.

Near Guarantee Watch:

NBUtq.jpg
F8t33.jpg
XYPvL.jpg
3eNaK.jpg
TJdXD.jpg

Will continue watching if it keeps me entertained:

2dvE3.jpg
3e9c2.jpg
x70Rm.jpg
wpT9N.jpg
oDmzG.jpg
4qqqw.jpg

No interest:

aH0Zd.jpg
eQ1Nr.jpg
HXaUb.jpg
Fj0bQ.jpg
HjWT9.jpg
bx6IQ.jpg
3TRXv.jpg
0oVst.jpg

Thin Ice:

16t3s.jpg
F35WQ.jpg

Dropped

4nm6o.jpg
E9PlD.jpg

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica 3
tumblr_m7ifqvi4HT1qmzddso1_500.jpg

"He used his magic wand to set my body free" had to have been the most memorable line. Otherwise so many good parts Onizuka needs more screen time, and the magic looked quite nice. I also love the sound effect when the magic runes flare up. Best moment
that huge sword, he is so cool to weild it
. Easily made me forget about the girl on girl.

cajunator

Banned
some moe would help Moyashimoe

hnnngharific

Actually, Nishgori was been in Gainax longer than that. He even directed and storyboarded the OP of KonoMini.

Kono minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai is a really mediocre show. It had the same art style as Mahoromatic that is one of my favorites, but the story is meh. Hikari and akari are of course FUCKING ADORABLE. It was entertaining enough that I ended up buying the series though. It was a real disappointment being one of Gainax's anniversary shows, as if they rushed it out to make the deadline. The music is nice though.

cute squirrel is cute.

shawnlreed

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica 3

This show is getting better each episode.
A harem show with the main protagonist being consistently cool and competent?
Awesome!

In this episode, everyone gets a wrist band "Arms Device" that manifests their magical potential into some sort of weapon.
Akatsuki Ousawa is so badass he needs 7 bands for his AD.
Hell yeah.

7616595994_911059cec4.jpg

Idolmaster Kokoro-chan Milky Holmes OVA

Who wants to solve crime, when you can be an idol?

Not a bad episode. Good premise and it does explain some things mostly dealing with Kokoro that wasn't explained in the main series. Lacked some of the comedy and it really does show that Milky Holmes is easily distracted by basically anything at this point.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
3LFJgl.jpg

Oh, so that's where that comes from.

Anyhoo, Kokoro Connect is doing what it's supposed to do with the body swap premise. It's basically very small scale Quantum Leap, now that I think about it.

Fairy Tail 140

DMjMB.jpg

They brought back the first villain just to have cool eyes!? What the fuck.

I feel like the scale is getting too big for a filler arc. If Oracion Seis is that uber powerful that even one of the weaker members takes out some of FT's strongest, then there's bound to be some major asspulls later on. I mean there's a training arc like right after this, so they can't be having something like that for filler.

Accel World 15

Hit and miss. First half was a terrible miss. Even with all this drama, I still don't care for anybody and their problems.

Second part was slightly better since Ash is a breath of fresh air. I was slightly excited to see Icarus but seeing the preview shot me out of the air again.

I did update my MAL and saved Slowpoke Well so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

Nafe

No, I gots it. I don't have the physical copy with me - otherwise, i'd take a picture.

Now, what I really need is a proper JP DVD of it. Someday!

Good deal! Hopefully you can find the DVD for a good price too whenever you come across it.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous 01-02
Honestly ever since Fate/Zero S2 ended I've found it really hard to get back into anime.

Haha, I'm a big fan of Fate/Zero as well but things really aren't that bad are they?

Details just got announced for Robotics;Notes at the event /XX/ mentioned.

- 2-cour series confirmed
- Director: Kazuya Nomura (Sengoku Basara S2, movie)
- Series Composition: Jukki Hanada (Steins;Gate)

Okay good. After watching Steins;Gate which was a 2-cour it looks like they still had to cut a lot of material so I was worried. It's not like being 2-cour will automatically make it good but it sounds like from people who have watched Chaos;Head being only a 1-cour was one of the major problems with that show.

Watching the PV on the site I picked up on the voice of Ryohei Kimura right away. Maybe it's just me but he seems to be in a lot of shows recently. The heroine soundsreally familiar but I can't think of who it is, that's going to drive me nuts. I know they say who it is right in the video but after picking off people like Ryohei Kimura and Rie Kugimiya after only one spoken word I want to try and get who it is without looking.

Rozen Maiden Traumend end

I liked Rozen Maiden for the most part when I saw it a few years ago. That battle at the end really was a highlight but yeah it was really disappointing how the end turns out. It's like they went for
an anime original ending but then still wanted to have it fit in with the manga as well with that really brief appearance by Kirakishou. As you mentioned though the manga is just as open ended.

They're both levels of anthropomorphism. Another level would be a more regular looking animal that may or may not walk upright, wear clothes, and talk, like in Night on the Galactic Railroad. An even lesser level would just be talking animals. It's just that a character that has a mostly human appearance outside animal ears and tail is more common in anime and some people don't associate it with "furry", while characters that are human in form but with outward animal traits beyond just ears and tail to include jaw, body fur, and so on like in my avatar are most strongly associated with it.

Some people make the distinction as a form of denial, though. Just having ears makes it feel safe for them, but Hosoda's movie won't allow this, hence the jokes.

Okay, thanks for that. I think that actually clears things up. I guess it was the little bit of a debate between those who don't want to call characters with just ears and a tail a furry and those who do want to label them as furry type characters which was confusing me the most.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Kokoro Connect 03

Why is it always the orange-haired girls who have the androphobia...

Expected the episode to be about setting up the love triangle, especially with the discussion in the beginning and the mock confessions, but looks like the series doesn't want to pull that card yet.

Campione! 03

...At least now we know why they kiss?

Kuroko no Basket 16

"Too high! Way too high! What nationality are you?!"

I'm sorry this line from that Touou player # 6 reacting to Taiga's jumping prowess was hilarious. ahaha

Next week is going to be great with Kobe...err I mean Aomine getting to play. Also Touou's captain sounds like the same VA for Zoro on One Piece.

Hagure Yuusha 3

This guy sure has a roundabout way of teaching people lessons.
"Hey, you don't think you're an adult, so I'm gonna pretend to rape you after paralyzing you just so I can tell you being an adult doesn't mean what you think it means."
Genius!

PaGoF.jpg

Hey, it's that shot that's in every mecha series ever.

Second half wasn't bad. Good action and some dude leveled up his cockatrice too much.

Hagure Yuusha 3

This guy sure has a roundabout way of teaching people lessons.
"Hey, you don't think you're an adult, so I'm gonna pretend to rape you after paralyzing you just so I can tell you being an adult doesn't mean what you think it means."
Genius!

Second half wasn't bad. Good action and some dude leveled up his cockatrice too much.

Pose made me think of gundam and a few other sword heavy series.

Nafe

I think I like it better than the original design.

Unlike with Steins;Gate I think I'll have to agree with you in that I find the animated character designs better.

Actually the designs looked familiar enough that I looked up Chikashi Kubota's work and apparently he's the character designer for the upcoming From the new world. Double checking the last PV I saw, this one here, and sure enough there's his name in the middle at about the 26 second mark.

I just hope Robotics;Notes isn't going to be full of stuff like this.

As you've already been informed it looks like it does. Although Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head,the very little I saw of it, both had that as well. They had some Otaku like themes though so it wasn't really that big of a surprise that those elements were in there.

If 7Th hasn't responded, I'll try.

He only acted as animation character designer on those projects, as far as I know. Since he became a GAiNAX 'protégé' early on his career and after a bigger role, along with many "youngsters" of the studio, on Aim for the Top 2! Diebuster, his real breakthrough from key-animator related posts was as a close associate of Mr. Imaishi on Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann. Precious first original hit from GORIPON, because later he adapted the conceptual character designs from Mr. Yoshinari on P&SwG and the previous designs made for the games by Mr. Kuboota on THE IDOLM@STER.

Okay thanks. I figured he had worked on quite a few things but as far as animated character designer specifically, those were the only shows I could recall him being in that role.

There have been conjectures and discussions (for example, in here between 7Th and duckroll) that precisely mentioned his possible involvement in MAGI (マギ) as character designer, but it doesn't seems that he is.

Now that you mention it I do recall the conversation that the two of them had about that. It wasn't really that long ago actually.

From the conversations I've been reading here it seems like MAGI is a show that I should be watching when it airs...next season(Fall) I believe it was?

The noitaminA's TV block related rumors from time ago continue to be spot-on (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36493597&postcount=3362)! I hope there will still be a continuous source of early and juicy information.

I did forget about this though, that's pretty neat how that turned out.

What is this from anyway?

It reminds me of the conversations people have about Makoto from Blazblue and calling her a "squirrel girl". Do squirrels have striped tails like that though? She looks kind of more like a chipmunk to me so I always thought of her more as a "Chipmunk Chick".

Technically I think chipmunks are a species of squirrel so both would be correct I guess, I'm just more familiar with squirrels and how they appear like in the most recent episode of Tari Tari.

Narag, I like what you have been watching lately.

Me too. Now I just need to find them and watch them myself.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko No Baske 16

You can sort of tell that
that Aomine's team is going to win. Kuroko doesn't look like himself and Kagami is hurt.
I still don't like how they need 3 episodes to show 1 game.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kuroko No Baske 16

You can sort of tell that
that Aomine's team is going to win. Kuroko doesn't look like himself and Kagami is hurt.
I still don't like how they need 3 episodes to show 1 game.
Welcome to sports anime.

And really, I can't imagine that they'll
lose given that there are still two more guys to introduce. Although I guess they can lose because it's pool play or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom