• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Nazo No Kanojo X 9-

jw0I8JgSyP4zg.jpg

That's a trap right there.

God damn, he fucked up. The moment she mentioned she broke up with her boyfriend should have been a huge red flag. Then when she left right after you tell her your current girlfriend's name is another "I fucked up" moment. God damn.

Shit is about to go off the rails.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Why is it that I walk into a furry conversation every time I click on this thread these days?
"But it's not."

Let's make the most of it and plug Night on the Galactic Railroad yet again. It's got cats! And space trains! I also forgot to mention the movie Junkers Come Here by Junichi Satou. It has a talking dog!

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Yup. You didn't specify what you wanted me to draw though.

I said I'd leave it up to you, remember?

If it's of any help, I really reeaaally like panty shots, long hair, small breasts, and young girls of indicernible age. I also really like it when they fall over or trip on things.

However I am also fine if you just :cajun on the page and do your thing. My image likely won't be hnnnnng enough for you, but it'll probably at least have a nice booty. I like big butts too. Butts > breasts! Suck on it haters.

Bleach 263

So the fillers keep on going. This one is focusing on 6th company's captain and assistant captain's sword beasts getting trapped themselves in a lab and sill hijicks occur.

It is a step up above normal fillers mostly for the action, reaction faces and comedy that occurs. Then again, I actually like that stuff so it is appealing to someone!

cajunator

Banned
I said I'd leave it up to you, remember?

If it's of any help, I really reeaaally like panty shots, long hair, small breasts, and young girls of indicernible age. I also really like it when they fall over or trip on things.

However I am also fine if you just :cajun on the page and do your thing. My image likely won't be hnnnnng enough for you, but it'll probably at least have a nice booty. I like big butts too. Butts > breasts! Suck on it haters.

I collect art from friends and fellow artists.
I have a plenty cute idea already. I have until Tuesday to sketch it up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just scrubbed through my BD copy of the Gintama movie and Sentai did one of their derpy dubs again.

My favourite line is when Shinpachi yells out "Let's get a move on, bi-otches!".

Thanks guy who does the Sentai dubs... thanks a lot. :p

At least it looks nice and the Japanese audio is still there.

cajunator

Banned
Rinne no Lagrange 2

Pretty eh, episode, but the next episode looks like it will be a good one, seeing as the fight has just begun. Am I crazy if I like Madoka? I like her "eh-ing" for a lack of a better term.

There's something to like about all three girls.
Maru, Wan, and Tits.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
SAO 3

So, what exactly is the point of this show?

z6bLel.jpg

Yeah, I guess you're right Mr. Protagonist, I guess you're right.

This is just a shitty character being glorified for the sake of making him even more improbably awesome than he was before. If this were an actual science fiction work - and by that I mean something with some kind of allegory whatsoever - then there could be some merit to this self-pity. I assume even The Dark Knight Rises does something with how the The Dark Knight ended in some meaningful way. But what happens in SAO is just so - quite literally - pointless.

Certainly, they probably didn't want me to laugh when they
cut to the girl dying while mouthing something that you can't hear
. But given the circumstances, I'm not sure what other emotion is possible.

Jarmel

Banned
Man I told you guys about Casshern Sins, don't watch it if you're happy. That ish will leave you depressed. Still one of my favorite ovas ever.

It has great art though. I'm really happy I got my Casshern and Friender sketch from AnimeExpo. I should probably get it framed down the road.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Both fantastic things to have!

I forgot to ask what you thought of it. If you posted anything about it in May/June-time, I probably missed that. It really is probably my favorite animated movie.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37962702

I'm pretty sure he's one of the people that have recommended it for years...

Really? he and nonoriri-ko are what got me to watch it to begin with.
Weird, because from what he said just recently he'd say it has horrible and sloppy storytelling.
Because nothing at the start of the movie says the dog could grant wishes. It's just so unbelievable when it suddenly drops! Absurd! :p

Narag

Going by the LN spoilers in here so far, I don't think the show did itself any favors forcing short story adaptations into such a small amount of time they can only hit the "important" parts nor did losing Kirito as a narrator. Sure, we can infer things about why new players hate the beta testers or why Kirito hides his level but it seems like an unnecessary exercise for something that should be presented properly to begin with. I like the show but I can't deny there's a sense of wondering why I should care about the characters either.
Except for Klein. He's a bro.

sonicmj1

Sword Art Online 3

I don't understand the emotional logic behind anyone's actions in this show. I mean, parts of it make sense, but huge things like
why Kirito feels like he has to suppress his power level to be loved
, or
why Klein puts his guild's lives on the line to allow Kirito to attempt something impossible, and then weeps for someone who he's only seen a few times during the show so far
, or
why the guild leader kills himself
, or
what reason Sachi has for sending that message to Christmas besides plot convenience
are totally bizarre. I get the feeling part of it comes from compressing 8 months of time into one episode.

Despite how obvious and manipulative it all was, the end still got to me, though.

If episode 4 isn't great, I'm probably bailing on this. I've got enough on my plate already, and this isn't executing well enough to be worth the time.

Narag

Sword Art Online 3

I don't understand the emotional logic behind anyone's actions in this show. I mean, parts of it make sense, but huge things like
, or
why Klein puts his guild's lives on the line to allow Kirito to attempt something impossible, and then weeps for someone who he's only seen a few times during the show so far
, or
why the guild leader kills himself
, or
what reason Sachi has for sending that message to Christmas besides plot convenience
are totally bizarre. I get the feeling part of it comes from compressing 8 months of time into one episode.

Despite how obvious and manipulative it all was, the end still got to me, though.

If episode 4 isn't great, I'm probably bailing on this. I've got enough on my plate already, and this isn't executing well enough to be worth the time.

Guild leaders death I could sort of buy since he just lost a handful of his real life friends/classmates to something stupid the moment he turned his back. The suddenness of it all was hilarious though.

Jarmel

Banned
Sword Art Online 3

It's about trying to be relatable. He was trying to fit in and be one of the guys. I mean if he had flat out stated "Yea I'm level 40 and more than twice your level" do you think they would have been as welcoming? Sure they might have kept him around because of how good he is but I doubt he would have fit in. Not to mention there is the whole issue with the beaters(lol I guess) and the whole stigma about the beta testers being high ranked so he maybe wanted to try and avoid that as well. People lie about their skills all the time in order to fit into groups. "Yea I'm not that good at ____(pick your sport/videogame/hobby)"

Symphogear 3

Man, I should have picked something less terrible to watch after that movie. This sucks even more than usual as a consequence. There's a scene with terrible walking in this episode too that made it all the worse.

Yeah, I think it's probably best you drop it if you aren't at least having a little fun. It does get better and has an awesome climax (imo), but I can't see you finding it to be anything more than decent and not worth it if this is your current reaction.

And yeah, even I noticed the walking scene and I never notice poor animation without it being pointed out.

Narag

Yeah, I think it's probably best you drop it if you aren't at least having a little fun. It does get better and has an awesome climax (imo), but I can't see you finding it to be anything more than decent and not worth it if this is your current reaction.

I will see this through to the bitter end. For all of its faults, the episodes end well and I'm dragged right back in!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
More Night on the Galactic Railroad

But yeah, at first I found it pretty slow and aimless, but it was just creeping up on me and by the end I was all HOLY SHIT. I really liked how the true nature of the train was progressively hinted at before hitting you with that ending.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
There's something to like about all three girls.
Maru, Wan, and Tits.
No. Wan or Maru. These are the only choices.

They all suck in season two though.

I am slowly catching up on the Hyouka episodes I missed. I don't know if it's a mindset thing or something but I just kind of relax with it and enjoy it now, even if the pacing is often times unnecessarily laborious.

JordanN

Banned
Fairy Tail 139-140

Haven't watched Fairy Tail in a while and now I remember why. The dialogue is still B-tier as ever and the lack of HD also sucks.

Problems aside, I'm digging the new character designs. And the return of
Oracion Seis
has piqued my interest in the show again tills it goes back to being backburner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom