• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I must disagree, its first season had awful pacing and the ending was as rushed and awkward as dbz. Also lots of characters could have used more development, like Jet.
i45qqdXxoHMdF.jpg

You're not fooling anybody.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That's SAO Raven - 3

How could they not tell that was a trap room from the get go. The room was far too big for a regular chest room. Was this their first RPG? Surprised the chest wasn't a mimic that bit your head off.

Though if I was in that situation I'd do my "stand in the doorway and let the tiles come to you" tactic commonly used in Zelda games and just swing my sword. It avoids the whole being stabbed in the back issue that they all suffered from. And as I said earlier, use a door stop.

Or maybe you shouldn't go off on your own without the leader. Stupidity killed them. I only felt sorry for the girl since she got dragged into this mess. The other three deserved it. They get no sympathy from me.

The leader could have at least left one key behind... Wonder if his body found found later by another party.

Well he made for a good bail out/nope gif. Or if you want the full thing here it is.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Would be funny if they didn't program in fall damage. Though I suppose he could just commit Sudoku wherever he landed.

Girl got what she wanted. It was her plan all along to go down fighting so she didn't look like a quitter. Even better it wasn't just a double but a pentuple suicide! Ho ho ho!

-Minsc-

Super Space Bros. 17

Mutta, as always, is such a likeable protagonist. A very amusing way to end the episode.
Mutta better be careful he doesn't get a boner.

I liked the reaction young of young Mutta to this weeks space photo.

Hibito: Awesome!
Mutta: Who are they?

Was wondering if they'd ever show a photo without any Japanese astronauts.

As for these animation shortcomings people mention, I never notice them.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but wouldn't it be amazing if Femmeworth actually posted impressions about shows and didn't hate everything?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Joke subs?
The Japanese says: "Breast size: Barely there (She worries about it a lot.)"

I think they just confused "気にしている" with "気になる" most likely.

EDIT: Hm, but wouldn't "worry" be "緊張してる"?

I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but wouldn't it be amazing if Femmeworth actually posted impressions about shows and didn't hate everything?

Does such a show exist?

Risette

A Good Citizen
Maybe the shows should be better.

She posted impressions about the Oshii stuff she watched and that's all that matters!

Kagami

I think they just confused "気にしている" with "気になる" most likely.
They also wrote "Unknown" instead of "Barely there/really small/hardly any/faintly detectable" (幽 = 幽か)

EDIT: Hm, but wouldn't "worry" be "緊張してる"?
緊張 is nervousness/tenseness, such as before going on stage to perform.

気にする means think about, worry about, be bothered by, dwell on.
e.g. "気にするな!" = "Don't worry about it!" / "Don't let it bother you!" / "Don't think about that!"

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
They also wrote "Unknown" instead of "Barely there/really small/hardly any/faintly detectable" (幽 = 幽か)

緊張 is nervousness/tenseness, such as before going on stage to perform.

気にする means think about, worry about, be bothered by, dwell on.
e.g. "気にするな!" = "Don't worry about it!" / "Don't let it bother you!" / "Don't think about that!"

Ah okay. I'm studying the words, but I'm still learning all of their nuances. orz

El Sloth

Banned
Im disappointed in humanity when people have to be forced into watching Avatar
its easily the best shounen anime
It has, without a doubt, anime inspired influences to be sure, but Avatar: The Last Airbender is very much a western creation. A good one at that.

Hunter x Hunter 40
tumblr_m7jxb7pHzb1r2z8hto1_500.gif

Wait, this episode was epic. I didn't ever even realize Kurapika could be this amazing, and it wasn't even a real fight of sorts. Now I can't wait for this arc too truly get going. I also love that they are still doing the flashy jpn characters with the attack names, looks really stylish always.

Killua had a nice outfit upgrade. 41 can't come soon enough.
tumblr_m7kdudgX6w1rquxpuo1_500.png

Sword Art Online 3
jXaCgxg8vsarp.jpg

"
within 10 seconds
"
Being Kirito is suffering. ;-;

This felt super rushed, and the nonstop sad violin music was really obnoxious, but fuck it. This show is gud.

Needs more Asuna, though. Her baller swagger in the OP is great.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Im disappointed in humanity when people have to be forced into watching Avatar
its easily the best shounen anime

It has, without a doubt, anime inspired influences to be sure, but Avatar: The Last Airbender is very much a western creation. A good one at that.

I hate you people. Avatar was trash. Never in my life have I watched anything as painfully dull (the filler in this show is beyond awful) with insufferable characters and a overly simplified storyline that is just completely dull. The voice acting in this show is some of the worst I've ever listened to in any show.

This is one of the most offensive shows I've ever watched. It's a show where a lot of thought, eforrt and work were placed into a show that was so painstakingly mediocre. I will never ever understand why people think of this as something better than your average shounen series. It was the American equivalent of Naruto. It's certainly not even close to being the best American cartoon ever, or the best American action cartoon.

I would have rather rewatched Ro-Kyu-Bu three times then have to put up with those 60 episodes of Avatar.

Jintor

I hate you people. Avatar was trash. Never in my life have I watched anything as painfully dull (the filler in this show is beyond awful) with insufferable characters and a overly simplified storyline that is just completely dull. The voice acting in this show is some of the worst I've ever listened to in any show.

This is one of the most offensive shows I've ever watched. It's a show where a lot of thought, eforrt and work were placed into a show that was so painstakingly mediocre. I will never ever understand why people think of this as something better than your average shounen series. It was the American equivalent of Naruto. It's certainly not even close to being the best American cartoon ever, or the best American action cartoon.

I would have rather rewatched Ro-Kyu-Bu three times then have to put up with those 60 episodes of Avatar.

You may like yuri, you may like MLP, but goddamnit you're disowned. DISOWNED I TELLS YOU.

I cannot understand how anybody with a remotely critical mind could allow those words to come out of their mouths. (Or to type them, whatever)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Jintor

You are right though in that Avatar isn't the best animated series ever because that's probably Batman: The Animated Series.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You may like yuri, you may like MLP, but goddamnit you're disowned. DISOWNED I TELLS YOU.

I cannot understand how anybody with a remotely critical mind could allow those words to come out of their mouths. (Or to type them, whatever)

Compared to other shows on Nick like Spongebob or Fairly Odd Parents its crap, its not comparable against a ton of Disney shows, its not comparable against Batman TAS or even Justice League and it is certainly no My Little Pony.

Avatar is overrated because its a generic shounen in an artistic medium that thankfully did not have many generic shounens before this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom