• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rinne no Lagrange 3
6L2sJ.jpg

Not the peanuts!
I love how she actually thinks about how fighting in the town could have negative and positive consequences. Not enough tits girl in this episode, I hope that is fixed later.
But I'm enjoying this show, and the music is awesome.
IfHwz.png

How lewd.

Jarmel

Banned
Total Eclipse 4-

This definitely feels like a "Japan FUCK YEA" type show. The MC has to understand how to understand the Japanese mindset in order to become a better pilot. Lol. One of the better American pilots is below a Japanese ensign. LOLOLOLOLOL. Then we have some random Soviet Union goons who don't know who the other damn test pilots are.

Uchip

Banned
I know.. There's cute, and then there is irritating. Some shows walk a very fine line for me. I couldn't tell which RKB would be, but I decided not to take my chances. At least in doujinshi I don't have to listen to them talk!

Gigantism is never cute

Taruranto

I'll be honest, what bothers me about Ro Kyu Bu AKA lolibasketball is not the show itself because, i mean, it's just another shitty loli show, but that it comes from a LIGHT NOVEL SERIES.

People actually READ it.

Narag

fyi that's not his older sister but his aunt... yep

wtf. what's sad was this cleared up my confusion as to how he
fell asleep on his younger's sister bra when he was five. The revelation that it's his aunt simultaneously makes it make more sense and even less sense.

wonzo

Banned
Oda Nobuna 3

the next episode's gonna own so hard if that preview's anything to go by
wtf. what's sad was this cleared up my confusion as to how he
fell asleep on his younger's sister bra when he was five. The revelation that it's his aunt simultaneously makes it make more sense and even less sense.

sometimes it's best just not to think about these things

wait... when did the gundams in AGE start to look like stuff we see in modern shows? I thought they were going for the UC vibe.

but i guess due to the whole 'module based design' of AGE it should be easy to swap around stuff to look badass.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This would be fairly obvious and uninteresting unless handled in a very specific manner. I also don't really see how the manga club scenes play to Oreki's benefit unless I'm missing something.
Those were two different thoughts - the cooking competition was for Oreki's benefit, while Mayaka's main storyline will
most likely involve bonding with the other girl over the masterpiece manga. The fact that it was from a previous year's culture festival (iirc) sort of implies that's the only way this works out anyway.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Desperate measures call for gods of their craft.
iseewutudidthere.gif

ETA: Here's the whole bit.

Saitou – The pointing finger mark at the end of the second season (episode 22) was also interesting.

Ikuhara – Interesting, wasn’t it?

Saitou – Is there a meaning in it?

Ikuhara – Yes, there is. It points at things that are epoch-making (laugh). Usually, when people are watching a particular work they feel and decide on their own what and how something is interesting, but here it is producers who are pointing “Here, this is interesting”.

Saitou – So that’s how it is… (laugh). I thought that it maybe holds a very deep meaning, like maybe a hint to solving some of the mysteries.

Ikuhara – Of course, it has a meaning.

Saitou – Really? So, why [did] the number of cats outside the window increase?

Ikuhara – In the beginning, one cat met a cute little kitten and they fell in love. And so, as the time went on, they had children.
I told you it was about sex.

Tailenders

This is like a slightly less epic prelude to Redline. Same sort of space opera-ish world, same display of hot-blooded manliness (literally), same non-standard yet visually appealing art style, etc. I'm surprised that this is such an unknown title. CG cars or not, that was fuckin awesome.

Plot seemed really underdeveloped, which I guess makes sense for a half hour movie/ova/thing. It still ended up being pretty confusing though. Important plot points are said once and then relies on the audience to put the pieces together. I'm not saying it's bad with such a limited amount of time, but the incredibly epic ending would have been that much more epic with build up and proper explanations.

But who the hell decides to make a hero out of someone named Loser King!?

My Muv is Luv So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time 4

Okay, I'm hooked. This show is great. And by great I mean fucking awful and I love it.
jP2vFKO2Y78XP.jpg

Why does the art constantly look like dogshit?

Top Gun has some serious issues. Between that and "you lack talent" I couldn't stop laughing.

I have to give the show credit for including a decent amount of manservice. Granted, these are just drops of water in the ocean of tits. They even managed to fit two BD-bait bathing scenes into this episode, one of which had incestual yuri overtones! The writers are truly firing on all cylinders here.

Finally, fuck it: I can't resist Chobi's moe any longer. This is going to really suck when she's inevitably mutilated/killed/eaten/brainslug'd later on.

It might be a bit early, but I highly recommend watching this series. Racism, tits, manbutt, borderline guro, suffering, mechs, and moe -- what more could a person ask for?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Caught the new Rinne and the number of times they show her with her back arched and in her robo bunny outfit was just weird:

UotPGl.jpg

Like, maybe in the context of the whole
shame
thing it is somewhat relevant, but every time they cut back to her they had to give us bunny Madoka.

Maybe they're trying to start a new meme on pixiv or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom