• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Tailenders
I remember watching this when the hype for Redline was reaching critical levels--it was kind of bad.

hyouka - 14

keion power

live strong

amazing episode; hyouka godly.

• dat sugita
    SZmpxl.jpg
  • a certain image with mugi now dethroned; eru powah
    CShqfl.jpg
  • why was this episode so fun
    OebtXl.jpg
  • dat mayaka; kyoanigods
    3HbLBl.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Caught the new Rinne and the number of times they show her with her back arched and in her robo bunny outfit was just weird:

UotPGl.jpg

Like, maybe in the context of the whole
shame
thing it is somewhat relevant, but every time they cut back to her they had to give us bunny Madoka.

Maybe they're trying to start a new meme on pixiv or something.

Bunny Madoka has real potential. REAL POTENTIAL.

Stoof

I haven't kept up with or watched any of the summer anime this year, so what would you say are the shows worth watching so far?

wonzo

Banned
Hyouka 14

Everything from DAT SUGITA to the tense final moments of the cooking challenge was fucking awesome. The next episode looks even more amazing going by the preview!

Who's the girl with the braided ponytail in the OP?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Battle Athletes OVA - 02

Yeah, things are quite different from the other show. Lahrri actually shows emotion, not to mention they made her look more feminine, Tanya is on Lahrri's team instead of Jessie's, and they made Mylandah the antagonist for Akari (
when originally all of her hate was directed towards Lahrri due to their drama from way back
). I'm fearing they screwed with Kris' character as she has been pretty mellow with Akari, very unlike herself in comparison to the other installment when she fell head over heels for her the moment they met. Here's hoping that changes within the 4 remaining episodes.

Branduil

Hyouka 14

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

iT1EULd26EW73.jpg

This arc has been such a joy to watch. I can't really say anything else except that this episode is executed with just as much aplomb as the previous ones.

So who was Mayaka supposed to be this time? I feel sorry for Irisu's future husband. Eru, on the other hand-

Caught the new Rinne and the number of times they show her with her back arched and in her robo bunny outfit was just weird:

UotPGl.jpg

Like, maybe in the context of the whole
shame
thing it is somewhat relevant, but every time they cut back to her they had to give us bunny Madoka.

Maybe they're trying to start a new meme on pixiv or something.

They probably realized they weren't covering enough otaku fetishes yet. I guess it's a good thing they are working hard to please the fans.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tari Tari 4:

HgqPyl.jpg

Man, choir practice flashback. Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

NpOmdl.jpg

But really, the episode was basically twenty minutes of distilled :firehawk. It's too bad the characters just look so derpy PA Works when they are being :firehawk.

This show will really end up being my sentimental favourite show of the season. At least the opening scene of the first episode wasn't a lie.

duckroll

Hyouka - Episode 14

This is fucking perfection. This arc. This animation. This art. This KyoAni. PERFECTION. WILD....... FIRE!!!!! This arc could last forever and I would be happy. So good. SO GOOD. The mystery they've been building up behind the scenes each week has been intriguing too. THIS IS THE BESTO EVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAJQa.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So you're saying you would get embarrassed by a dark horse before "winning" the next battle after everyone else gets banned.

Yeah but look where the victors of the first battle are now. Old, fat, out of shape, out of motivation and out of quality teammates. Playing for the rights to be a first round knockout while the true victors are playing for not five, not six, not seven titles.

My RKB bros will be nakama for life. Your brethren will end up signing with the New York Knicks, get drunk and crash into a cable pole and have to play with Melo and Stat.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
sorry, no tittymonsters allowed in lagrange pairings.
Clearly the two brothers have to yaoi-out with each other in order to save the universe.

Yeah but look where the victors of the first battle are now. Old, fat, out of shape, out of motivation and out of quality teammates. Playing for the rights to be a first round knockout while the true victors are playing for not five, not six, not seven titles.

My RKB bros will be nakama for life. Your brethren will end up signing with the New York Knicks, get drunk and crash into a cable pole and have to play with Melo and Stat.
So will they be taking down your bronze statue soon?
(That's the only sports reference that I am aware of at the moment)

Uchip

Banned
Hyouka - Episode 14

This is fucking perfection. This arc. This animation. This art. This KyoAni. PERFECTION. WILD....... FIRE!!!!! This arc could last forever and I would be happy. So good. SO GOOD. The mystery they've been building up behind the scenes each week has been intriguing too. THIS IS THE BESTO EVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAJQa.jpg

I see hosodas influence has already spread to kyoani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom