• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Tari Tari 4

Wow. Fantastic episode. I had no problems with the entire episode with the exception of one part which felt very jarring to me: the part when Sakai's nicety suddenly appears in front of Konatsu. There was nothing that really motivated to act all nice all of a sudden, or at least of great magnitude, and her sudden shift in attitude felt very off. What makes it even more jarring is that she immediately goes to her depressing self for whatever reason. Meh. Konatsu was very awesome this episode as she always is and it always surprises me how amazing her personality is. She's a very emotionally driven character which makes me like her all the more. Sawa was very cool, despite me not liking her in the other episodes. Her character comes to true light when Konatsu acts weird or deviates a bit and she acts as a buffer in ways but at the same time remaining to be an individual. I can't remember the badminton guy so w/e. As always, Wien is win. Good episode overall.

Firemind

snapshot20100403202229.jpg

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Sword art online 1-3

I'm starting to like this (possibly because I like .hack)

I also see this is following the light novel very well

Star Driver 3
tumblr_m7le4ma3zn1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Quite a lot of the daytime is entertaining, they really do it really well with just the interactions of the students with Takuto, as well as additional extracurricular activities. For example the cleaning of the pool and other such on the bankers boat was entertaining. Dueling on the boat for Mrs Watanabe with Takashi was intriguing
as well as the actual battle in the cybody

The nighttime pattern still proves quite pleasing for Takuto
Was almost afraid Takuto would lose, but thank goodness he pulled through with Tauburn
. I wonder if other people beyond Wako and the Kiraboshi Order of Cross agent of the night will take part. Takuto could use some ally or some actually antagonist he can have as a rival. I think that would be a good addition.

kayos90

There's a light novel believe it or not

Oh I know. I've read up to Vol 8. I don't think they're following the LN version quite well. Leaving out details and the execution for episode 3 just wasn't there. The only episode I found well done so far is 1. By itself as an anime, the show is good but when it is in comparison to the LN, it's not following it well at all.

Rebel Leader

Oh I know. I've read up to Vol 8. I don't think they're following the LN version quite well. Leaving out details and the execution for episode 3 just wasn't there. The only episode I found well done so far is 1. By itself as an anime, the show is good but when it is in comparison to the LN, it's not following it well at all.

I thought it was.. But I could have low standards to that

I never expect anime to follow the light novel (if there is one) to the word

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Why do people keep watching RKB?! I thought we were done with this!

In the end, I blame darkside.

Every time I think I want to watch RKB, I don't. In the end, I just resort to Misty Isle doujin instead.

There, everything I wanted and no filler in between! Yes, I'm rotten to the core.

Nafe

After I posted my last post I realized asking if that first picture was from Penguindrum was kind of dumb as comparing it to Utena was exactly what we were talking about. Sorry.

After some struggles and much outside assistance, here's the clean key visual character art for Red Data Girl:

Sorry if I'm a little late but I just wanted to say thanks for this Articalys. I actually saw your post that it was Mel Kishida but even just taking a glance at the pictures I could tell it was his designs.

You mentioned it was a P.A. Works show as well so I guess it will have a similar look to Hanasaku Iroha then, assuming Mel's designs get transferred over more or less for the animated character designs anyway.

I'm very happy there's going to be more AKB0048! I didn't want it to end at 13 episodes, I was having too much fun with that show. I actually really like the music too.

I liked to call Hikaru no Go "Utena no Go".

I actually was reading the manga years ago but only ever saw the first episode of the show. I've been meaning to get back to that.

I stopped reading the manga too for whatever reason again. I never did find out whether or not Fujiwara-no-Sai ever managed to pull off his ultimate move or not.

Also *sigh* I miss Tomoko Kawakami... :(

I'm partial to this one dedicated to the r/a/dio pals:

D/a/ngo Mah N**** - /a/ feat. Bedford
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZVZrsdFDnQ

You could say that it is of questionable quality, but... does that matters when you can feel the love flowing?

Kuma-kun is cool and all, but Eggmun classy 'tuesd/a/ys' are the best!

I didn't know about that radio site and I was actually looking for something just like that. Thanks a lot /XX/!

I'm not really that familiar with internet radio sites but they usually just seem to tell you what they're currently playing, so having this site give you a little bit of a list of what they just played and what they are about to play is very nice!

That picture of Hanyuu is kind of funny too. I guess with her horns she'd have to wear her headphones like that.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 038
Wrong adjective there, buddy.
Anime.
LotGH, fighting for the feminist ideals way before Utena was even conceived.

Inevitable that the war has come to this. Reinhard has lost a lot of cool points in my mind.
:mad:

Plenty of nice discussions about the power people invest in their governors. Wish I had more to add on that regard.

kayos90

it's an opinion =/

I don't think it's an opinion. The entirety of the Red Nosed Reindeer is a very moving and emotional story. By making it one episode with crappy transitions, poor execution, and bad pacing, they sacrificed not only the emotion behind the episode but our attachment to the characters. It was much more easy to care about the guild, Sachi, and Kirito as I read more and more about them. To make us watch a 20 minute episode and try and make us care is hard imo. Honestly, I didn't even give a crap what happened to everyone and it was pretty much a "lol, people die, duh." episode.

kayos90

I wonder what an animu-Gaf civil war would be like?

It would be Kyoani vs. Bones vs ufotable. We would have Duckroll leading on the Bones side against the heathens. I would lead the ufotable sides with honor and the scumbag leader and the followers of kyoani would be destroyed.

Rebel Leader

I don't think it's an opinion. The entirety of the Red Nosed Reindeer is a very moving and emotional story. By making it one episode with crappy transitions, poor execution, and bad pacing, they sacrificed not only the emotion behind the episode but our attachment to the characters. It was much more easy to care about the guild, Sachi, and Kirito as I read more and more about them. To make us watch a 20 minute episode and try and make us care is hard imo. Honestly, I didn't even give a crap what happened to everyone and it was pretty much a "lol, people die, duh." episode.

I was talking about what I said.

It would be Kyoani vs. Bones vs ufotable. We would have Duckroll leading on the Bones side against the heathens. I would lead the ufotable sides with honor and the scumbag leader and the followers of kyoani would be destroyed.
I would have to sit it out, since I don't align with any of those studios. Old Bones perhaps.

Sword Art Online 3:

From what I'm told by the hardcore LN readers, this episode also rushed to fit an entire LN volume into one episode. I don't care, this episode was much better than the second and manages to hit the proper emotional notes, especially at the end.

I would think after you've been playing RPGs for any amount of time, offline or online, you know not to run straight into the empty room with the suspicious treasure chest conveniently placed in the center of it. I've been playing Diablo III and Skyrim and literally every chest in those games is blatantly booby-trapped, either you open the chest and mobs spawn all around you or there's literally a trap door that drops you just in front of the chest.

I was really tired after a 12-hour marathon session of Skyrim yesterday (bought it from the Steam sale) and I ran at a chest in some dungeon while only half-awake because HURR DURR and there actually was a trap door and it actually dropped me into a cage where the guy I was supposed to kill stood there and monologued at me about how stupid I was to fall for his trap. Unfortunately this being Bethesda, they designed this sequence without realizing that my sword was not properly occluded by the cage, so I walked up to the cage's edge and started whacking him through the bars to kill him and that was the end of Bethesda's badly designed sequence.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hyouka 14
nLhYQl.jpg

I see SDBurton broke into KyoAni's offices and changed the script!

But speaking of that scene, I find it interesting that Irisu
is essentially outlining everything that Oreki's sister is not. The effects of the film arc still linger, and however inadvertently, the wheels are still turning when it comes to how Oreki is supposed to evolve. The pen that his sister gave up ended up pushing him toward the cooking competition, even if he wanted nothing to do with it (and presumably, was about to let it go until he decided to help out a few minutes later).

Of course, with that cliffhanger, they'll have to be dragged into it somehow. Even Satoshi was curious after all. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom