• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
do you even watch hyouka

I've watched up to episode six and six is far and away the worst anime episode I've seen all year.

If you decide to read the manga then read the version published in Comp Ace. It's the "official" one and has pretty good art style compared to the other 4 versions.

--

Transparent picture of the two characters pulled from the website

Also Famitsu posted bunch of pictures for the two characters

Thanks for the info. Is there an air date yet? Fall? I'll definitely want to watch this. I might try the manga too.

Everything in production side on Hyouka is top-notch, directing, animation, music n et cetera.. While the content itself might hit-or-miss for anyone. But the production itself is worth to be the best.

I have a mirror if I wan to see something good looking, so if the content is boring then it sucks.

BluWacky

Chitanda is particularly offensive, her character and personality doesn't make any fucking sense unless she really suffers some kind of mental deficit, otherwise she's just a mary sue, glorified female figure for otaku.

Chitanda is not a Mary Sue. I can't think of any woman alive who'd want to be Chitanda. Purple eyes and constantly bobbing around like you need the loo? Hardly someone to aspire to.

cajunator

Banned
Tari Tari 4

Wow, an overall great eps. Stuff just flows so well, which is a rarity in anime imo.

I mean it starts with loli sawa, shit can't be bad.

And finally, I admit wrong, konatsu is actually quite adorable.

The loli gif from a few pages back plus:
iOASy33KajZ7g.gif

And the most adorable thing of the day:

ijaVdfqYMFj5X.gif

Also something for animegaf record.

iUXCOIzDiyzz2.gif

Definitely need to continue.

Also, your avatar is going to kill me. ILL DIE.
It is ridiculous. that is the tsar bomba of CUTE.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I've watched up to episode six and six is far and away the worst anime episode I've seen all year.

Thanks for the info. Is there an air date yet? Fall? I'll definitely want to watch this. I might try the manga too.

Watch episode 14. It's the best episode I've seen in the series and I hate Hyouka.

duckroll

Chitanda is not a Mary Sue. I can't think of any woman alive who'd want to be Chitanda. Purple eyes and constantly bobbing around like you need the loo? Hardly someone to aspire to.

85.74% of people on the internet who use the term Mary Sue does not know what it actually means.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I know Tari Tari is a bad show and all that you guys find gifs of so people don't have to put up with actually watching the show, but please stop quoting the gifs over and over again. It's annoying.

Soma

It picks up from there. I've been on board with the show since the beginning, fell in love with it by episode 3 and I still can't find myself defending episode 6.

The current arc will make up for it.

Wait. No Apollon?
I thought that was gonna save anime.
To be honest I never finished it yet.

If you're more than halfway into it and like it I'd recommend finishing it, but don't put a rush on it or anything. Thoroughly mediocre.
I know Tari Tari is a bad show and all that you guys find gifs of so people don't have to put up with actually watching it, but please stop quoting the gifs over and over again. It's annoying.
iUXCOIzDiyzz2.gif
iUXCOIzDiyzz2.gif

iUXCOIzDiyzz2.gif
iUXCOIzDiyzz2.gif

Sorry, what were you saying?

OceanBlue

85.74% of people on the internet who use the term Mary Sue does not know what it actually means.
I don't think it necessarily means a self-insert character either though. Although the ideas aren't exclusive.

I know Tari Tari is a bad show and all that you guys find gifs of so people don't have to put up with actually watching the show, but please stop quoting the gifs over and over again. It's annoying.
What about the SAO GIF?

I have a mirror if I wan to see something good looking, so if the content is boring then it sucks.
iX9q3i74aG0VC.gif

What is Mary Sue. I heard my friends use this and I have no idea wtf it is.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarySue
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue
A Mary Sue (sometimes just Sue), in literary criticism and particularly in fanfiction, is a fictional character with overly idealized and hackneyed mannerisms, lacking noteworthy flaws, and primarily functioning as a wish-fulfillment fantasy for the author or reader. It is generally accepted as a character whose positive aspects overwhelm their other traits until they become one-dimensional.

duckroll

I don't think it necessarily means a self-insert character either though. Although the ideas aren't exclusive.

This doesn't seem to make sense. The nature of the character trope originates from being an idealized self-insert character. That is what it is. It's not really a debatable thing.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Most of the "mysteries" in the early episodes weren't interesting, the character interaction/chemistry is. I like watching how the other characters are trying to pull Oreki out of his shell, since he does have a great mind if he would only use it. Chitanda is the perfect foil to his unenergetic ways, completely bubbling over with energy and curiosity. Fukube obviously likes him and is Oreki's friend, but there's been hints of some deep-seeded envy, as well as frustration with Oreki's usual refusal to use his gift. Mayaka doesn't especially like Oreki, but respects him when he uses his ability.

Combined with KyoAni production values and the show is the only one I race to watch each week.

dimb

What about the SAO GIF?
Whatever. It's used as a joke in specific context and the show isn't as ugly. I don't mind as much.
citation needed

though Chitanda is more a moeblob than a real character.
This is a pretty dumb assertion in all honesty that neglects incredibly obvious facts like source material. At least when I hated Hyouka I actually tried.

kayos90

Tari Tari is a really good show and possibly one of the best this season imo.

OceanBlue

This doesn't seem to make sense. The nature of the character trope originates from being an idealized self-insert character. That is what it is. It's not really a debatable thing.

I'm more-or-less aware of its origin. I agree with you too, so I guess I warped the idea in my head when I first responded.

Wait people actually dislike tari tari? It got beautiful backgrounds, likeable characters, good to great animations, sawa, and most important, flow.

It's not the most wide appealing premise, and konatsu does have a questionable face, but it's quite hard to hate.

sawa1.png

And chitanda is pretty much moeblob and the only reason the story moved at all in the first 'season', cuz no normal people would give a shit about any of those mysteries.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I kinda lost interest in actually watching it once people complained about the mysteries sucking. That was the reason I was going to watch it in the first place!

OceanBlue

Wait people actually dislike tari tari? It got beautiful backgrounds, likeable characters, good to great animations, sawa, and most important, flow.

It's not the most wide appealing premise, and konatsu does have a questionable face, but it's quite hard to hate.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15581662/sawa1.png[IMG]

And chitanda is pretty much moeblob and the only reason the story moved at all in the first 'season', cuz no normal people would give a shit about any of those mysteries.[/QUOTE]

I feel this way about every anime. Maybe except for School Days which literally infuriated me. Even then, though, I just dropped it.

kayos90

I think there are only a handful of animes I actually hate. I dislike certain ones and others don't click with me but otherwise that's it. Now... characters are a different story. Characters like Chitanda just make me want to throw my computer out the window.

cajunator

Banned
Ro Kyu Bu 1-2

So I gave this show a shot.

Episode one....ehh.. Wasn't feeling it. I'm not into basketball, and I don't like this artstyle at all. Plus the loli fanservice stuff is just not my cup of latte. However, when the show isn't trying to pander, such as episode 2, it is actually remarkably okay. If the show concentrates more on stuff like episode 2, it would actually be something I'd consider finishing. I'll give darkside some credit here. the show has more depth than you would think it does. Its not fucking awful. I would recommend checking it out, actually.

Ultimadrago

I think there are only a handful of animes I actually hate. I dislike certain ones and others don't click with me but otherwise that's it. Now... characters are a different story. Characters like Chitanda just make me want to throw my computer out the window.

Chitanda is a character I never care to see on screen.
I'm not sure if I'd put her in the "rage" category though. The whole cast has been dull to watch up until this festival arc.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The origin is not debatable, but the current meaning and usage is.
It remains the same as it has been: a character that is perfect from the author's perspective and embodies the author's ideals, and everyone in the story loves or learns from that character. Like Shug in The Color Purple. Total Mary Sue.

dimb

Wait people actually dislike tari tari?
For me it is quite definitively unambitious and unremarkable. These are two things I have an incredibly difficult time dealing with when it comes to creative mediums. I don't really think very highly of the characters either, and felt none of them really did much to stand out as the show rather mindlessly went along dealing with a plot I had no investment in.

Jarmel

Banned
It remains the same as it has been: a character that is perfect from the author's perspective and embodies the author's ideals, and everyone in the story loves or learns from that character. Like Shug in The Color Purple. Total Mary Sue.

01kenshi_03.jpg

I forgot what the male term is but this shit character was the definition of a Mary Sue throughout the show. The very fucking definition.

Made the show boring as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom