• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Nothing irrational about disliking Second Raid. Just like the original FMP series it is an unremarkable mecha show with characters who are better suited to be in a high school hi-jinx comedy anime than a serious mecha action series.

duckroll with the nail on the head.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
One of the worst? Really? there have been some pretty awful characters in shows lately. I highly doubt Chitanda is the absolute worst.

That's why I noted from the animes I've seen. You might be thinking of a show that I have yet to watch. Who knows. You wanna list some. I could be proven wrong since my hate for her is so great, lol. I'm such a Sith.

Who else could claim that mantle?

Uh... I don't know... UFOTABLE?!

cajunator

Banned
Nothing irrational about disliking Second Raid. Just like the original FMP series it is an unremarkable mecha show with characters who are better suited to be in a high school hi-jinx comedy anime than a serious mecha action series.

Fumoffu is definitely the best part of the Full Metal Panic series.
Its also the only part that I own of it.

Jarmel

Banned

I am going to have to seriously disagree on that. The show was very adept at mixing both genres. 2nd Raid also fleshed out Sagara's character a great deal.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Uh... I don't know... UFOTABLE?!
XziGO.gif

Jarmel

Banned
If we're talking works as a whole then yea Ufotable smacks the shit out of KyoAni. Music, writing, atmosphere, directing and camera work. KyoAni is definitely better at pure animation though.

Taruranto

01kenshi_03.jpg

I forgot what the male term is but this shit character was the definition of a Mary Sue throughout the show. The very fucking definition.

Made the show boring as fuck.

You don't have to go that far to find a gary stu, this season has the gary stu of all the gary stu.

0iwbRl.jpg

Jarmel

Banned
This reminds me how depressing it is how Bones has fallen in the gutter. In their prime they could just shit out a classic without even trying.

7Th

I will give them consistency but with artistic direction and manipulation of ambiance and colors, ufotable is clearly better.

Yeah... no. The stuff KyoAni has been pulling in Hyouka and their newer company ads is light years ahead of anything Ufotable has ever done.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
SHAFT is best studio because they tell deep stories about feelings and their shows are intellectual because they include a lot of dialogue like a play or some shit and don't have to rely on silly stuff like animation to push interest on the viewers.

Also they deconstructed mahou shoujo and harem.

Nobuna 03

Jealous monkey.

Not a bad episode. The action was nice, got a little too romantic comedy in the middle but it picked up and made a decent episode overall.

Can't wait for Asai to get skewered or however they'll kill him off. At least they are making the ugly ones worth killing off. And I guess this does basically mean the wives are written out of the story.

cajunator

Banned
Aoi Yamada is close to being the absolute worst.

wha-th-ffffff-no
No.
NO.
NONONONONONONONONONONO.
NO.

also NO.

The argument is meaningless cause Shaft makes better shows anyway.

Indeed. Maybe the quality is shit, but they always make highly interesting shows. Except I was disappointed in Nise, but thats because it had to followup Bakemonagatari, which is perfect.

hating Yamada... I pity your existence

here for you

http://youtu.be/-Km-yfase3k

Thank you, brother.

Id rather watch another full episode of Panty & Stocking than listen and see her for six minutes!!!

Hey, that's a good idea. Ill watch both at the same time!

jman2050

SHAFT is best studio because they tell deep stories about feelings and their shows are intellectual because they include a lot of dialogue like a play or some shit and don't have to rely on silly stuff like animation to push interest on the viewers.

Also they deconstructed mahou shoujo and harem.

You forgot fanservice and exploitation of lolis.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
You're both very vocal non-anime fans. He might not like Girls Generation as much as you though.

WTF? Dude, I dislike almost all things Korean dude. And I'm KOREAN. I hate K-POP soooooooo much.

Also, I"m a non-anime fan? T_T So sad....

Firemind

Can't we all just get along?

I have my exams in the coming two weeks (six just next Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday), so I’m not exactly swimming in free time to do fansub reviews. I’ll try to do at least my translations on time as much as possible, but don’t be surprised if stuff gets delayed. Especially Joshiraku.

Time to put me on suicide watch.

Welp gonna try and do this raw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom