• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesnd

I wasn't aware that there were Macross movies of the original storyline. That's great.

I've been interested in Patlabor for a long time. Should I just start at the beginning?

Yeah, it's pretty great, and they are making it the centerpiece of the 30th anniversary this year (for better or worse, depending on who you ask; some censoring and such being done).

I feel you can start at the beginning with Patlabor, but others will surely disagree here :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Someone needs to add "BAIL OUT!" to this gif.

iMOeV9pOB9k8h.gif

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It'll prove both sides of the ocean have equally bad taste.

No. Yall are just salty that Hyouka and K-On! can't compare to the greatness that is Fate/Zero.

Also I watched Princess Mononoke because my friend made me. It was not of my own volition.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What a disappointing year for writing.
Hyouka has pretty exceptional writing so far this season, as uneven I think what came before is even in what people consider to be "good" episodes. Like really, unless you have some amazing excuse I would say it takes priority over anything else this season. They are must watch episodes that set standards for what I wish I got more of from TV anime.

I don't think you realize 7th is being completely honest and not trolling.
which is pretty sad indeed.
Your friend pizzaroll probably agrees with 7th.
Hyouka has pretty exceptional writing so far this season, as uneven I think what came before is even in what people consider to be "good" episodes. Like really, unless you have some amazing excuse I would say it takes priority over anything else this season. They are really must watch episodes.
Going by the impressions, the low points are really low. It's definitely a series I will be very curious to watch.
Nah, I haven't ever voted in one of those rankings.
Having still not seen Madoka or the second half of Steins;Gate, I feel like I can't vote accurately for 2011 anyway.
That's admirable. I don't participate in those rankings either for similar reasons.

survivor

Banned
This really does seem like a better version than Wolf, in concept anyway. Need to see what the characters are like. I can't find much on the anime adaptation though.

If you decide to read the manga then read the version published in Comp Ace. It's the "official" one and has pretty good art style compared to the other 4 versions.

--

Transparent picture of the two characters pulled from the website

Also Famitsu posted bunch of pictures for the two characters

Demon Queen and Hero
1H7tm.jpg
0YJiu.jpg

What's the front runner for 2012 so far?

Tsuritama and Fate/Zero?
Tsuritama, Hyouka, and Space Brothers for me so far. From this season, probably only Utakoi would be considered assuming it maintains the same quality

cajunator

Banned
No. Yall are just salty that Hyouka and K-On! can't compare to the greatness that is Fate/Zero.

Also I watched Princess Mononoke because my friend made me. It was not of my own volition.

I like Hyouka/K-on, but no, they can't approach Fate Zero. I don't know if any US licensed show will ever again be worth dropping 700 bones on. At least not to me.
but for Fate Zero? totally fucking worth it.

Taruranto

People think hyouka has acceptable writing?

It's just your average #45512 LN with otaku pandering (Chitanda character is fucking offensive) and boring mysteries.

Jarmel

Banned

? You must have missed my post where I stated Fate/Zero was a masterpiece and probably one of the best if not the best anime I've seen. You read my post wrong.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

It's just your average #45512 LN with otaku pandering (Chitanda character is fucking offensive) and boring mysteries.

Hyouka has pretty good writing actually. If it wasn't for the writing I would've dropped this show a long time.

? You must have missed my post where I stated Fate/Zero was a masterpiece and probably one of the best if not the best anime I've seen. You read my post wrong.

Oh. My bad. Apologies.

Taruranto

Hyouka has pretty good writing actually. If it wasn't for the writing I would've dropped this show a long time.

How is the writing even decent?
The mysteries are atrocious.
The characters are boring. Chitanda is particularly offensive, her character and personality doesn't make any fucking sense unless she really suffers some kind of mental deficit, otherwise she's just a mary sue, glorified female figure for otaku.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

By and large I do not consider episodes one through eleven to be well written. They tend to be deeply flawed when it comes to following through on stories. At the same time, even the episodes I do not like I wouldn't consider "average LN" fare considering the themes and subject matter the series tends to handle. Hyouka also has a strong and identifying voice of its own in its writing, which is a very positive trait that many authors have difficulty attaining.

The most recent episodes are lining up and delivering on every aspect of the production, writing included.
Chitanda is particularly offensive, her character and personality doesn't make any fucking sense unless she really suffers some kind of mental deficit, otherwise she's just a mary sue, glorified female figure for otaku.
We get it, you don't watch the show.

fertygo

Everything in production side on Hyouka is top-notch, directing, animation, music n et cetera.. While the content itself might hit-or-miss for anyone. But the production itself is worth to be the best.

Tari Tari 4

Wow, an overall great eps. Stuff just flows so well, which is a rarity in anime imo.

I mean it starts with loli sawa, shit can't be bad.

sawaaaaa.jpg

Even sawa getting revenge is cute~

baka.png

Stop wasting time! It's not like this is anime or something

And finally, I admit wrong, konatsu is actually quite adorable.

The loli gif from a few pages back plus:
iOASy33KajZ7g.gif

And the most adorable thing of the day:

ijaVdfqYMFj5X.gif

Also something for animegaf record.

iUXCOIzDiyzz2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom