• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Symphogear 5

Dream sequence had some nice visuals and overall the consistency is more in line with the fourth episode than the three previous aside from this amazing Engrish. Potential spoilers, I guess: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TXTpik5wf4

Story seems to be ramping up and that'll keep me engaged if the pace doesn't slack.

If it doesn't get explained in S2, i'll do a write-up of what all that meant.

I'm pretty sure it's going to though, given what i've seen so far in S2.

It means you should read the prequel manga!

020dwuf7.png

cajunator

Banned
Wtf is this shitlist business? Is that the ignore list? I've never used it, and I never will! Real men face their fears, and their disagreeable co-members and forum posters.

I remember I was on Jexhius' hand written list though. No clue what got me there. Does that mean he never saw the avatar I drew for him? :(

Jex put me on the list after I got banned.
It probably doesnt mean much.
How is the drawing going by the way?

Uchip

Banned
Wtf is this shitlist business? Is that the ignore list? I've never used it, and I never will! Real men face their fears, and their disagreeable co-members and forum posters.

I remember I was on Jexhius' hand written list though. No clue what got me there. Does that mean he never saw the avatar I drew for him? :(

I didn't know there was a business
is it profitable?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
What's all this shitlist talk? Are you guys still going on about your MALs?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Flower Declaration of Your Heart 15
Finally a decent episode. My interest in the series has been wearing incredibly thin since it came back this summer.
Muginami and Lan's departure before their inevitable return
somehow made the space politics more convoluted without revealing anything, so I'm glad that all seems to be done with.

Most of the character building stuff early on in this episode during the daily life stuff felt really off. Things happen and are only half explained to deliver somewhat feeble punchlines. Fortunately the focus of the episode is more on pushing the story forward along with stretching the expectations for what the show will do. It's weird and pandering but at the same time offering development while leading the series back to its visual heights with intense color blending over vast landscapes.

Jex

[Space Brothers] - 17

In this weeks episode - not much happened, but it was awesome nevertheless.

Next Week - more of the same!

I really have to commend them for keeping the series level over the course of so many episodes.

Theonik

K-ON!! XX Λ Core 10

This episode started awesome, then it got crap, then it got awesome again, then I felt blue-balled.

And then it got :firehawk. K-ON!! isn't the anime the industry deserved, but the one it needed.
Thank you for this post, I was pissed off at this episode starting so good but ending abruptly and hadn't realised I had actually only watched half of it. :lol
Great episode regardless!

What did he do?
Disliked Avatar probably.

Difference being that people don't endure dozens of hours in jRPGs for the plot.

Well, decent people.

Well plot is probably a reason I didnt mention Resonance of Fate, favorite jrpg of the gen, as the battle system and Zephyr and their interactions completely obliterated the plot, I dont even remember it and remember playing through it twice though quickly, to see all the scenes in swift succession.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I thought most people agreed that Avatar was only good for the 3D and CGI effects and that the story was nothing to write home about.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
La Maison en Petits Cubes

Also known as Tsumiki no Ie, this is a beautiful 12 minute short film about an elderly man who keeps having to build his house upward as water levels continue to rise. Upon his latest addition, he loses his pipe, dons scuba gear to retrieve it, and descends deeper and deeper into his house while recalling memories of the past.

I really enjoyed this and sort of lost myself in it such that when it ended, I was unaware that much time had passed. Seeing his house as he went deeper was kinda sad
as one could see where it grew with his family and contracted on departure of his daughter and the death of his wife.
Looks like this won the Best Short Film Academy Award in 2009 too. How' about that?

This movie made me cry so much at the end... it's such a beautiful short film. ;_;

K-ON 2: The Adventure of Yui 09

Wait a moment, is that Yui or Ui? Beautiful dresses anyway. I would buy ten figurines!

They are no spinning roses.

YuiAzu forever! :3

K-ON!! XX Λ Core 10

This episode started awesome, then it got crap, then it got awesome again, then I felt blue-balled.

And then it got :firehawk. K-ON!! isn't the anime the industry deserved, but the one it needed.

*headbangs*

No way in hell its that cheap.

It is compared to what it used to be... *shudder*

wonzo

Banned
AKB0048 13 END

there are literally no words that could even begin to describe just how incredible this was, all that's left is the visage of the greatest creative genius of our times. he shall be forever ingrained in my brain like burn-in on an old arcade monitor.

bowbig.gif
godintraining.jpg
bowbig2.gif

Naruto SD 17
tumblr_m7nz43l5Pj1qknafpo1_500.gif

The first skit was awful. There was no Naruto and it was pretty dumb. Id rather just see them in the movie than in this. Second skit had its moments. I didnt think Kiba liked moe. Hinata was pretty frightening, and I didnt think Neji was a drama and romance fan. It also could have used more Naruto.

Where was Sasuke...

It's a long while since I've seen DX1, but I guess I'd rank them...

DX3 > NS > DX1 >> DX2

New Stage only really gets a foot-up over DX1 because I'm not super familiar with the pre-Heartcatch Precure shows, though I appreciate that DX1 is really just one cool 45 minute action scene. I should probably give DX2 another chance at some point, but I seem to remember there not being anywhere near enough punching in that one, and that disappointed me.

They have a different Miracle Light every time they release a movie. God forbid you cheer on the Cures with the wrong movies Miracle Light - they might get their heads bitten off or something!

thanks for the impressions ..i was disapointed in Dx2 for the same reasons, dx3 was better but i don't like the suite cast/powers/universe, i guess i should quickly watch NS ASAP.

Also i kinda expected them to change the lights each movie ..i hope the light don't cost too much
It should be funny to watch a screening where the room is lighted by those during screen time

sonicmj1

Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team 3

With the team on his side, Shiro is an awesome leader. Leading plans and shit.

HJfTE.png

This brief shot does a nice bit of world-building. I think it's awesome that the weapons hook up like that.

The guerillas are an interesting faction. I'm kind of curious how they'll act going forward. Shiro promised them a lot, but he's not that high up in the chain of command. It'd be interesting to see some sort of commentary on colonialism come out of this show, and it wouldn't be out of character.

The cast of Zeon villains quietly grows.

This is a good show.

wonzo

Banned
Ro-Kyu-Bu! 2

I don't see why the lolicons would be gloomy considering they got some info about the breast size of a 6th grader and all.

rkb2.gif

yep, they really did go all out on fixing up things for the BD's and boy does it show!

Horizon II ep 3

Those dogeza bows were stunning. I like where the plot is going
if Tres Espana can hurry and arrive
. Diplomatic intercourse is always interesting in Horizon, even if my level of understanding it is typically on Tori's level. But the txt screens going on it were helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom