• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Yuru Yuri 5-6

Chitose is still terrible, Ayano is still tsuntsun, and Kyoko is combining with Minako to move "hair down with ribbon" a few tiers up the hairstyle pantheon. I'm okay with that.

The ending to 5 went pretty much as expected. Must be embarrassing to be found practicing kissing from the person you like! Although I do wonder how one practices kissing by one's self... still, they need to do more to sell Chinatsu's inner craz-- *sees episode 6* --oh, there we go!

6 was probably the best episode of this I've seen so far, likely because there was no Chitose at all. Feel a bit bad for Yui's sister though!

This show would be worthless without Kyoko, kind of in the same way that Hidamari would be useless without Miyako.

Ultimadrago

Hidamari would be useless without Miyako.

GiATi.jpg

I don't always agree with jman2050, but when I do...

(While not to such an extreme, to an extent.)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Nazo no Kanojo X 12

Oka brings out the best in Urabe.
Poor hopeless Tsubaki would never be able to touch his girlfriend if it wasn't for her friend.

For a second there I thought that classmate was going to be Hayakawa 2.0.

Grzi

Arcana Famiglia - 1

Meh. Generic art style and character designs with not so good animation. It could prove to be mildly entertaining, but I'm still not ready to start giving this show 20 minutes of my precious time (yeah, right) every week.
Looks like the next episode will be pretty crappy, so this has a huge potential of being dropped.
We shall see.

Ultimadrago

Gintama 8

Poor Harry Buttson.

He only wanted to take
Otae
"out for a hump."

The "4th wall" continues to get beaten.

Additional note: This is the only anime I've ever seen that
played its intro halfway through the episode
I got some laughs out of this one.

Grzi

Muv-Luv Alternative - 1

A VERY ugly show. Cot damn it looks so bad.

But, there's robots, so that's good.
And I've heard good stuff about the VN so I'll give this one some more time.

jman2050

Yuru Yuri 7

Okay I lied, the dual tsunderes are amusing enough that they're fun to watch on their own. Other than that it's still the "watch Kyoko be awesome" show.

Yuru Yuri 8

Oh god there's another one why why why why?!?!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well Total Eclipse isn't really up to par with Alternative. Alternative is actually the only part of the Muv-Luv franchise that is really universally loved.

Seitokai Yakuindomo 05

Japan gets all the best games.
Still the same thing, expect now with My Little Sister Couldn't Possible Be This Perverted Dependable!

I keep forgetting to watch this show. Though I should probably finish something I've already started before I tackle another show...

Narag

Muv-Luv Alternative - 1

A VERY ugly show. Cot damn it looks so bad.

But, there's robots, so that's good.
And I've heard good stuff about the VN so I'll give this one some more time.

I fear it's going to stay ugly (and terrible) throughout. Dresden warned me though so I've no one to blame but myself.

Lain

Queen's Blade 10-11

Ahaha, I didn't think about that reason for Ymir being evil, though maybe I should have back when they went to rescue Mirim.
Episode 11 had the best ED.
Just 1 episode to go, but I hope there will be some more follow ups in the future, I just love Queen's Blade.

Grzi

I fear it's going to stay ugly (and terrible) throughout. Dresden warned me though so I've no one to blame but myself.

It'll definitely stay ugly, we'll see about the rest.
But yeah, the first episode basically killed most of the hopes I had for a good show.

Can't believe people were hyping this shit up to me.
Is this the adaptation of the VN? The best one? Or did I not understand correctly?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh God, the Akari overdose in this one episode!

iQoVyojtIm5yg.gif

And so many possible avatar choices. I'm spoilt for choice.

johnhmarshall

Neo Member
But yeah, the first episode basically killed most of the hopes I had for a good show.

Is this the adaptation of the VN? The best one? Or did I not understand correctly?

It certainly feels cynical as hell, I want to believe that the show is gonna live up to the hype but I'm certainly feeling a little cagey about it. It feels as if the makers really didn't care in someway

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

It is an adaption of Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse. The Muv-Luv everyone likes is just Muv-Luv Alternative and Total Eclipse is a spin-off thing.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Nazo no Kanojo X 13 -END-

Wait, they're seventeen years old?! Whaaaaat.

A really enjoyable finale.
It was very different in comparison to the other episodes because it had a romantic tone. To be honest, for the first time in the series Urabe and Tsubaki actually seemed like girlfriend and boyfriend in this one. I can't believe they didn't freaking kiss, though, even taking in consideration the fact that the scene in front of his mother's grave was pretty good.

With the exception of that one episode in which they went really overboard with the use of extreme colors, the show was very pleasant visually. And in terms of content... Well, it was sexy and classy at the same time - a combination I never thought possible in anime.

Good stuff.

Grzi

It is an adaption of Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse. The Muv-Luv everyone likes is just Muv-Luv Alternative and Total Eclipse is a spin-off thing.

Oh, well that explains it.
Any particular reason you might know of for them not adapting the good stuff?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Oh, well that explains it.
Any particular reason you might know of for them not adapting the good stuff?

Probably because they'd have to adapt Muv-Luv Extra and Unlimited to get to Alternative. They are kinda painfully generic in comparison to Alternative itself but they are pretty much essential parts of the story since it all kinda merges together and plays off the expectations of the previous ones.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Yuru Yuri S2 - 01

My garden of maidens. GIVEN LIFE!

Now this is how you start off a season! Amazing!

So many worthy screenshots in this ep. So many!

Anime. Of. The. Season.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Oh God, the Akari overdose in this one episode!

iQoVyojtIm5yg.gif

And so many possible avatar choices. I'm spoilt for choice.

Please tell me you made a gif of the scene where
Chinatsu licks the cream off Akari's cheek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom