• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
First post after finally getting approved. Looking forward to joining one of the funniest communitys online

Summer season is looking pretty dismal but still have spring backlog to tide me over until you wonderful people tell me what's worth my time.

Roll on summer

Congrats on your approval!

There's tea and cake in the fridge.

Reknoc

New batch of juniors again, eh? Welcome to the asylum. AnimeGAF is actually a pretty good place to try and work off that perilous junior status, just don't knowingly link to hentai, avoid the subject of piracy completely, and if Envelope asks you to lick his flap, don't do it.

By most accounts Moyashimon Returns and Bimbougami ga appear to be the most promising shows of summer, although there have already been good impressions for Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita and Tari Tari and likely more series as they air. Don't take recommendations to watch Earth Maiden Arjuna or Blood-C seriously until you have some time here under your belt. Enjoy your stay!

But Blood-C is always a serious recommendation.

First post after finally getting approved. Looking forward to joining one of the funniest communitys online

Summer season is looking pretty dismal but still have spring backlog to tide me over until you wonderful people tell me what's worth my time.

Roll on summer

But summer has brought us the possible leader in anime of the year. So its not been that bad.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Roll on summer

Hey there welcome aboard junior!

My first piece of advice is to never say anything negative about an anime series older than the year 2000. You'll regret it.

Also Envelope is a good fellow. You should listen to him. Anybody with a Yayoi avatar is a trustworthy lad.

You can usually tell the integrity of the poster by his avatar.

Don't trust anime avatars.
I find flaky people who can't stick to one avatar to be more untrustworthy.
New batch of juniors again, eh? Welcome to the asylum. AnimeGAF is actually a pretty good place to try and work off that perilous junior status, just don't knowingly link to hentai, avoid the subject of piracy completely, and if Envelope asks you to lick his flap, don't do it.

By most accounts Moyashimon Returns and Bimbougami ga appear to be the most promising shows of summer, although there have already been good impressions for Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita and Tari Tari and likely more series as they air. Don't take recommendations to watch Earth Maiden Arjuna or Blood-C seriously until you have some time here under your belt. Enjoy your stay!
Pffft, Blood-C is a far more legitimate recommendation than Arjuna.

Roll on summer
You show promise, kid.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
It really depends on how high your tolerance is for balls going in circles.

Also, with the first arc of Season Two they notably truncated the original source material and made the whole experience tighter. They did not do the same for the second arc.

Not really, I read the whole thing months before the anime was announced and it's basically the same minus some small changes. (Kaiji's circumstances that lead to where he is.)

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

*Looks at UltimaDrago*

image.php

Pfffft hahaha!

I'm kidding!

Ryuukan

Roll on summer

All the cool kids use IRC in the OP.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
*Looks at UltimaDrago*

image.php

Pfft hahaha!

I'm kidding!

Hey, man, until a few days ago the guy had been rocking an avatar for months that was secretly incredibly explicit! Something dark and cunning lurks behind those dead Nichijou eyes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm glad my avatar isn't from an anime or anything.

100% trustworthy.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
A note that the re-translation for Steins;Gate VN is nearing completion and it seems JastUSA is still interested in releasing it in the US. You guys should really check out Kurisu owning Okabe in the beginning! It is wonderful.

Go_Ly_Dow

I've always had this avatar. Your eyes just didn't update to it in time.

Good advice for life in general.

Exactly. You never know what their agendas are.

now i'm curious if these are your actual views....

Don't trust anime avatars.

what about people with former anime avatars?

when i first joined i used to sport an avatar of mami!

A note that the re-translation for Steins;Gate VN is nearing completion and it seems JastUSA is still interested in releasing it in the US. You guys should really check out Kurisu owning Okabe in the beginning! It is wonderful.
Good news, I've been holding off on watching the anime.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
what about people with former anime avatars?

when i first joined i used to sport an avatar of mami!

branded FOREVER.
Noctis is still pretty anime anyway ololol

johnmarshall, you're never going to be accepted by AlphaGAF now that you've made a post in this thread, so you might as well embrace your outcast status and go full weeaboo in here.

Ryuukan

branded FOREVER.

johnmarshall, you're never going to be accepted by AlphaGAF now that you've made a post in this thread, so you might as well embrace your outcast status and go full weeaboo in here.

We are AlphaGAF

Go_Ly_Dow

branded FOREVER.

i post in the fitness thread.

i am beyond alphagaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom