• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tamayura OVA/5.5

Oh hey, totally forgot this came out. I'm reminded that this show is basically made for me and the 5000 people like me who buy the BDs (I would also buy the shit out of this if someone licensed it. Come on Nozomi... I even buy this on DVD if I have to).

mgCLEl.jpg

WUA8Vl.jpg

yTaqvl.jpg

SatoJun could basically keep making shows like this and I'll always be a happy animu watcher. Heck, if he has to give a year of his life to Phi Brain in order to do what has to be a pet project for him, so be it. He has that OVA coming up, but I guess he has to slum it in crappy shounen-ville for a while. :(

This headline seems to be written for our fallen comrade, cajun. May the moe keep him company in his new life.

Also, ever since Geneijin told me who voiced Fuu, I couldn't help but hear her voice in this episode. Hopefully it's something I'll be able to accept there's ever more of this show own eventually. Which is the :firehawk thing to do after all.

Instro

Tamayura OVA/5.5

Also, ever since Geneijin told me who voiced Fuu, I couldn't help but hear her voice in this episode. Hopefully it's something I'll be able to accept there's ever more of this show own eventually. Which is the :firehawk thing to do after all.

Fuck, this just ruined the character for me!

I've been meaning to watch this omake....I still need to watch the original OVA too lol.

Ultimadrago

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita 1

pASep.jpg

Freckled poverty rags moe is great!

This is it. Sengoku Collection Episode 8: The Anime, but without the ugly main character designs (as well as other notable differences). I like the palette of softer "watered-down" colors used for the show. As for the backdrop art, it is middling with me, working well in some environments while not as pleasant in others. The humor was likable and I enjoyed the time spent with the main, Watashi. All in all, I had a good time with it. While it wasn't exactly as crazy as I had predicted from screenshots, I hope it keeps up the atmosphere and enjoyable elements.

Additionally, I dig the ED. This is moderately to very rare occasion.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ossxbl.jpg

Smile Precure 09

Yayoi had come up with a brilliant and hilarious April Fools prank. Nothing could go wrong.

But then it did. It went all terribly wrong.

A tale of deceit, lies and misunderstandings followed. Yayoi had gone from the loveable moe goddess that she normally is into a confused and bewildered lost soul.

It looked like the bad ends would actually prevail but eventually though the goddess found the light again and things returned to normal. But in the end justice prevailed and all was right with the world.

A truly fantastic episode featuring the ever wonderful Yayoi. She's a terrible liar but what do you expect out of a maiden with a heart of gold? I did almost cry though when she said she had
a boyfriend.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Jormungand 9

"Whatever! I've got a wench in every port!"

"Famous last words... Without the famous."

Bwahahahahaha.

I wonder why they have the trouble to "hide" a country's name (Republic T's Autonomous Region X, lol) when they openly say the airport where the characters are headed is in Planina.

Episodes in which they go in actual missions are so much more interesting than the ones focused in random corporate affairs and negotiations. And now there's no way
shit won't get real. Right?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Fuck, this just ruined the character for me!

I've been meaning to watch this omake....I still need to watch the original OVA too lol.
Yep, it melted my brain. You should watch both though! Funny enough, although this special episode fits into the continuity of the original show, it also ties directly into the original OVA as well... it's almost a direct sequel to the OVA in many ways.

Either way, very :firehawk, very good times!

I wonder why it took so long to find this double seiyuu joke.

http://i.imgur.com/0fyY0.jpg
Yeah, she's her too, isn't she? lol
At least she's the best character in that god awful show!

SHINING HEARTS 1-12
So many things wrong with this anime..

The elves ? Uncessary .
The girl who wants to make ice cream ? unnecessary ..

i understand that fillers exist in many animes but when you see how badly done the overall execution is ..i'm puzzled ..

Rick bread is delicious , so delicious it giveeveryone hapiness even royalty..
When rick is confused then the bread isn't as good as before and most of the cast isn't as happy as before too ...

I'm seriously confused as if this is like i think a badly done adaptation of the game or if indeed the gameis as insipid and bland.. i mean i did witness the most stupid thief in a castle in a long time. As for the prince , his decision don't make any sense..I loved how he did promise to give back the content of the box once this affair is done yet never does ..

i think the storm in ep2 had the cast more concerned than the fleet in the ending ...

1/10 ..i can't even recommand this anime ..it's not funny , no fights , cast is uneven especially since they all tend toward the bottom of the barrel, music is average , and the plot is a mess ..

Ok so after marathoning all episodes of Evangelion.
In retrospect I like the early episodes I was meh about, I was even ok with the last 2 episodes.
but after watching The End of Evangelion I have no idea what the hell I just watched.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
In retrospect I like the early episodes I was meh about, I was even ok with the last 2 episodes.
but after watching The End of Evangelion I have no idea what the hell I just watched.
You watched a movie that explained the ending of the TV series to people who didn't get it the first time around. And apparently did a poor job of it, it seems. lol

Ultimadrago

SHINING HEARTS 1-12
Rick bread is delicious , so delicious it giveeveryone hapiness even royalty..
When rick is confused then the bread isn't as good as before and most of the cast isn't as happy as before too ...

1/10 ..i can't even recommand this anime ..it's not funny , no fights , cast is uneven especially since they all tend toward the bottom of the barrel, music is average , and the plot is a mess ..

No respect for Rick's Bread?
DTL will be disappointed in reading this.

Thoraxes

Sounds like you watched it correctly.
No respect for Rick's Bread?
DTL will be disappointed in reading this.
Rick's Bread is the greatest bread anyone will ever put their mouth on. I mean, EVERYONE loves it! Think about the aroma, and the way he uses yeast and his special techniques to make it rise perfectly!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Jormungand 10

Yeah, these guys are way too overpowered.
How the hell did they manage to not take a single shot during that firefight against Dragon's militia in the beginning? I counted 24 enemy bodies - and they were all at point blank range.

And holy shit at Mao nailing that 122 mm beehive Flechette shot. Wow.

I love Koko.

Soma

should I bother with the other movies?

The Rebuild movies have gotten some mixed opinions here in AnimeGAF but I personally think they're worth checking out as long as you maintain the thought that they're not exactly replacements of the original series but rather something to be viewed alongside the series. I honestly had no problem with the CG in either film. They're a fun and fairly interesting take on the show.

Most people I know that weren't a fan of the show ended up liking the movies.

Jex

The End of Evangelion (First 3 Minutes)

You all already know what I'm going to talk about.

So here I am, about to watch End of Evangelion because despite my loathing of the initial 24 episodes of the TV series, the final two episodes (as preachy as they were) actually left a taste in my mouth that didn't reek of poopoo.

I decide, "Hey, let me take a spin with this movie with the English dub since I watched the TV series with the original VA." So I'm watching it and Shinji is standing there, trying to wake up Asuka. No problem. He's shaking her. No problem. Her robe reveals her chest. No problem. Then some breathing. And to me, the dub makes it sound like Shinji is about to start whimpering. No problem either as this is not out of the realm of possibility when it comes to Mr. Ikari.

Then in the next shot, I see what's in his hand.

I dash for the internet, desperate to confirm that I didn't see what I thought I just saw. And lo and behold, Shinji did what I just saw. I'm stunned and despite my new found observation being fact, I still didn't believe it. So I changed the audio track to the Japanese and it makes even more sense because of his increased breathing second-by-second.

So I get up and I start pacing. I feel like Roger Ebert after watching Pulp Fiction. This is either the best thing I've seen Shinji do in this effing series or the worst thing. Contrary to Ebert's conclusion on Pulp Fiction, I declared that this was, in fact, the worst thing Shinji has done. But there's a redeeming trait about that in the grand scheme of the movie. It's the sign of a pathetic boy becoming more pathetic. Very much in line with the final episodes of the TV series. I brace myself and press play. This is truly the End of Evangelion.

The End of Evangelion (The Rest)

That was a whole lot of movie for something that didn't really need to be
regurgitated. Between people blowing up into LCL Tang and the goddess Rei showing off her goods to the world, that was a lot of pretty images for what was essentially Shinji's repeat rejection of instrumentality. Then I started laughing at the live-action portion while the movie lectured on about existentialism and self-worth once more.
So between this and Yuru Yuri S2 1, it's been a nice day for comedic anime.

That being said, there must have been subliminal messages up the wazoo present in the TV series and movie. I do not regret watching EoE in the slightest. And I also have a desire to watch Rebuild, which I'm sure I'll loathe but still eagerly look forward to the final two because DEEP down in my heart, I actually really like Evangelion, but the mech-critic inside me doesn't want to admit it. Either that or it's because I love Asuka that much.
So what you're saying is, Anno is the best. I agree.

The Rebuild movies have gotten some mixed opinions here in AnimeGAF but I personally think they're worth checking out as long as you maintain the thought that they're not exactly replacements of the original series but rather something to be viewed alongside the series. I honestly had no problem with the CG in either film. They're a fun and fairly interesting take on the show.

Most people I know that weren't a fan of the show ended up liking the movies.
thanks.

should I bother with the other movies?
I highly recommend holding out until they're all released. It's good to have some distance between watching the series and watching Rebuild since there's a lot of retreading, and if you end up liking it you won't be stuck waiting to see more of it.

edit: I totally agree with moonspeak's opinion on them, though.

Jex

Haly gave me a bunch of shows to watch, and then told me Eureka 7 is bad.

I should stop listening to him, right?

Not necessarily. Eureka 7 has some awful pacing problems and annoying characters although I don't know if that's enough to make the series as a whole 'bad'.

ossxbl.jpg

Smile Precure 09

Yayoi had come up with a brilliant and hilarious April Fools prank. Nothing could go wrong.

But then it did. It went all terribly wrong.

A tale of deceit, lies and misunderstandings followed. Yayoi had gone from the loveable moe goddess that she normally is into a confused and bewildered lost soul.

It looked like the bad ends would actually prevail but eventually though the goddess found the light again and things returned to normal. But in the end justice prevailed and all was right with the world.

A truly fantastic episode featuring the ever wonderful Yayoi. She's a terrible liar but what do you expect out of a maiden with a heart of gold? I did almost cry though when she said she had
a boyfriend.

idjUA5eIcL4TE.gif

iNeUbeoXPjrCS.gif

anime literally can't get more delicious than this.

Also, chet's new avatar lacks boobs. Not approve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom