• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

are they . . . holding hands?
ge4kB.jpg

fuck you atlus

survivor

Banned
Seitokai Yakuindomo 5

5 episodes in and they are still covering pages from the first volume? They must be adapting every single skit.

Jintor

Okay, so I guess I'm picking up Yuru Yuri AND Ultra University High School Nani Nanu or whatever the fuck it's called this season.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Here's a duckroll approved list of people to listen to in no particular order:

Instro
Jexhius
hosannainexcelsis
Articalys
Mad Pierrot
Lafiel
Dresden

One of these days I'll be on that list..

... okay no, sadly that'll never happen. Not mature enough.

Seitokai Yakuindomo 5

5 episodes in and they are still covering pages from the first volume? They must be adapting every single skit.

I believe the first and second mangas are covered over the seasons thirteen episodes, and the OVAs start somewhere from the third manga. I have no idea if all of the skits from the first two manga volumes were adapted. With six manga volumes released there is little doubt a second anime season is bound to happen in the future.

survivor

Banned
Seitokai Yakuindomo 6

I see

I thought that when I come across this well known scene from the anime, the context would somehow make it sound reasonable, but nope, it's still crazy.

I believe the first and second mangas are covered over the seasons thirteen episodes, and the OVAs start somewhere from the third manga. I have no idea if all of the skits from the first two manga volumes were adapted. With six manga volumes released there is little doubt a second anime season is bound to happen in the future.
I wouldn't mind a second season. It's not the funniest comedy anime I have watched, but it's very entertaining.

Narag

Digital Devil Monogatari Megami Tensei

Since we're in the midst of the MegaTen Resurgence and bearing witness to the final days of the Great Moe Accident, I finally got around to watching this older OVA based on the book that started it all. It's an adaptation of the first book by Aya Nishitani rather than the later game series based upon the book. I'm woefully unfamiliar with the original subject matter but everything about this feels like a compressed adaptation and at 45 minutes, I shouldn't have been surprised.

The basic story is a boy named Akemi created a demon summoning program that he uses to take revenge on bullies at school. However things go quickly amiss as he summons something beyond his control. The female lead, Yumiko, stumbles upon all of this just as things go south. They just so happen to share a common past and Akemi's plagued by visions of a mistake he apparently made in a past life involving her.

It starts out well enough with a nice moody atmosphere but quickly devolves into nonsense in the second half. Things just sort of happen and I assume the viewer is expected to either have previous knowledge of the work or to simply go with the flow which is no small task. Some of the violence was a bit gratuitous and felt out of place with one piece in particular that'd be more fit in Violence Jack, flashbacks just happen with little inclination of them actually being flashbacks at first if one didn't pick up on a throwaway line at the beginning and there's all of two demons in the OVA. Admittedly Cerebus has a nice design but Loki's is just strange.

David Lightman has nothing on this kid.

This takes me back.
When you stare into the Loki, the Loki stares back at you.
Even after everything went to shit, I'm not sure he learned a damn thing. This is also an example of the flashback palette used to help identify those scenes because there was little other clue during the first.

The Sacred Blacksmith 12
UJGsj.jpg

Once again showing the superiority of katanas.
Having a magic sword that makes things decay seems like cheating, but oh well... An awesome episode, but a poor conclusion to the story. The antagonist doesn't even die. It's very clear that this is just a part of a larger story, it would just be nice to see how it ends. If they ever resume with a season 2 if ever, I would not say no.
Oh and seeing Cecily saving Luke was great.

I wouldn't mind a second season. It's not the funniest comedy anime I have watched, but it's very entertaining.

It's too bad that the chances of this series being licensed in the US are quite low. As comedic as this is, most of the jokes are simply lost in translation.

Soma

Two characters named Touko with a ponytail, is it really that amazing?

I dunno, a character with three letters away from the same name, with a similar character/appearance design, and a similar personality (probably) seems a little fishy to me!

Obviously I'm looking into it too much but I'm in the middle of watching the KnK movies for the first time so I find this more hilarious than I should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom