• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma

My dear friend wonzo has a new mission:

Starship Troopers: Invasion.

20DS3l.jpg

Instant classic. Pixar should just give up on the animation Oscar right now.

Is that Adam Jensen at :42 seconds?

"I never asked for these bugs"

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm watching it too

Just not for the same reasons as most others here!
tsun2050

Sure it is.
On my side it is!

Ah, I get you now. Was this the most proto-Utena series? Plucky pink haired protags speech in 128 about sometimes needing to get on your own white horse to find your prince had me wondering!
Both S and Supers feature a lot of significant precursors for stuff in Utena, but perhaps in different ways. There's going to be a scene later in Supers which is almost exactly the same as a scene in Utena.

Thoraxes

Welcome to the NHK 13

Well that was quite depressing.
Even the attempt at trying to inject some comedy couldnt help to make this from a sad and distressing episode. Mass suicide and people just giving up on their dreams and aspirations are things that I do not never want to endure and that made for a terrible episode. The only glimmer of hope was, Sato decided not to jump based on, hilariously, Kaoru and not Misaki. Truly the only characters in the anime that understand each other and actually have a good relationship. Since Misaki has turned true stalker, Ive liked her even less than I already did. ugh.

The show gets way too real at times, that's for sure. It's one of the reasons I liked it so much though.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THIS SEASON?

If i grew up spending my summer vacation watching craps like this, I would never get into anime.

May be I am just getting old, can someone young and innocent verify that this season suck?

If i grew up spending my summer vacation watching craps like this, I would never get into anime.

May be I am just getting old, can someone young and innocent verify that this season suck?

The seasons not that bad, Kingdom would have been the anime to sell me on anime if this was my first time following summer anime, its, honestly in naruto's league.

I've seen worse, but I got into watching anime because of Pokemon, so what do I know?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

But you have to remember that you aren't confined to watching shows that are currently airing. In fact, when you were young this was even less the case!

Risette

A Good Citizen

It's not that bad.

Kettch

Are you talking about the descriptions?

I think only 4 new shows have aired so far, and Jinrui/Tari Tari both look fairly good. I'm pretty happy when I can enjoy 50% of the shows I try. Probably won't match last season's dozen or so watchable shows, but that's pretty rare.

Tits, godslaying, and yuri? I would eat that shit right up if I was younger.
And probably still will.

Firemind

Is there a clubhouse that promotes romantic comedies, bans lolis, regularly mocks Shaft and regards JC Staff as top tier still?

The crappy shows just look crappier than usual.

Narag

I should never have done the list. Now I'm going to get killed by all the allies I didn't list. :(

It's not as if you'd compromise the identities of your sleeper agents. Who knows what episanoge and intrigue takes place within the borders of the Hitokageny?

The Sacred Blacksmith 11
Q5186.jpg

We will always remember you, Elsa's Father.
The return of the sword slicing sword routine! This time it's katana on katana action! Otherwise a boring episode. Just a bunch of political bullshit. We did get the story on how Lisa came about,
that she's a Devil's Contract made by "Lee-sa" before she died in order to protect Luke forever or some shit.
Just one more episode to go, so the last one should be good.
vxHI5.jpg

Luke doesn't hate women, he's just a lolicon.

Firemind

Nope, it had trouble meeting the 5-member requirement.

But nearly everyone liked Ano Natsu.

I mean, who is the studio that strikes gold every season nowadays?

A-1? AIC? Sunrise? Satelight? Deen?

Brains Base and KyoAni have pretty sparse schedules and even they have duds every now and then.

Please enlighten me, oh wise Anime-GAF.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Are you talking about the descriptions?

I was going by the picture and name, 40% of the shows look like K-On with different haircut with some DLC element attached. Studios need to realize K-On is already the god of anime, don't try to be K-On, make something else. =/

30% is slice of life anime, there are more and more of those each season. It is like they gave up on making interest theme and world to tell stories. "Hey guys! fire all the writer! Let's just turn anime into schoolgirls webcam simulation!"

Tits, godslaying, and yuri? I would eat that shit right up if I was younger.
And probably still will.

They got superseded by hentai and internet.

-----

And yes I am overreacting! I shall explore Spring 2012 thread to scrape something to watch based on feedback, the poor souls that had to endure all that.

Makoto

But nearly everyone liked Ano Natsu.

I mean, who is the studio that strikes gold every season nowadays?

A-1? AIC? Sunrise? Satelight? Deen?

Brains Base and KyoAni have pretty sparse schedules and even they have duds every now and then.

Please enlighten me, oh wise Anime-GAF.
I don't think you'll find a generally agreed upon answer for that question. I personally don't feel any studio has been hitting home runs every season they're in.

ISML Round 3, Day 1.

http://imgur.com/a/N0aQu

Also, I'm pretty sure interest in this is waning, especially with the new season just starting up, so if you want to keep voting and checking the results you're on your own from now until the elimination round, when things will finally get interesting again.

Still totally going to keep tabs on the whole of J-Saimoe when it starts up in a month or so, though.

Alright Mio~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom