• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Binbougami Ga

binbo31ug7.gif

yay, I have two animes on my watchlist now.

Amazing!

Toriko 61
tumblr_m6mnooaUhu1rn5beeo1_500.gif

Gourmet Pyramido is alright. The writer should really release some Toriko world encylopedia or databook on something, often all these places have some interesting mystery, like no one knows who or how Gourmet Pyramid was built, more info would be great.

Also how soon til we reach Gourmet world, its been 61 episodes so far and I cant imagine the manga isnt there yet.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Now that I've finished all single-cour Spring shows I was watching (with the exception of AKB0048), I can rank them arbitrarily and make a list with links to my final impressions of each I can consult later!

1. Fate/Zero 2nd Season
  2. tsuritama
  3. Nazo no Kanojo X
  4. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
  5. Sakamichi no Apollon
  6. Acchi Kocchi
  7. Upotte!!
  8. Jormungand
  9. Sankarea
  10. Medaka Box
  11. Natsuiro Kiseki
  12. Zetman
  13. Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
  14. Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna
  15. Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan

The next time I'll have this much free time in my hands will be when I'm retired :(

Now that I've finished all single-cour Spring shows I was watching (with the exception of AKB0048), I can rank them arbitrarily and make a list with links to my final impressions of each I can consult later!

1. Fate/Zero 2nd Season
  2. tsuritama
  3. Nazo no Kanojo X
  4. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
  5. Sakamichi no Apollon
  6. Acchi Kocchi
  7. Upotte!!
  8. Jormungand
  9. Sankarea
  10. Medaka Box
  11. Natsuiro Kiseki
  12. Zetman
  13. Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
  14. Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna
  15. Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan

The next time I'll have this much free time in my hands will be when I'm retired :(

Shining Hearts that low?! Lower than Medaka Box, sure Medaka Box had potential but the anime will probably only actual meet that potential in the fall or whenever it resumes.

15 shows.... not bad

And I thought I saw (too) many animes in the last weeks.

Tsuritama
Dusk Maiden
Upotte
Jormungand
Steins;Gate
Katanagatari
Canaan
Gunslinger Girl
Natsu no Arashi!
The Cockpit
Gokujo

+ all the shows I dropped.

I have a proposition to make, Anime-GAF: if I finish Fujiko Mine and come to the conclusion that the ending is truly the worst kind of cop-out one could write a show into, then I'll join you guys in saying that the series failed to deliver. I've been liking the series so far, but that's just episode 11, and I hear that the next two episodes just completely fail to resolve and provide anything interesting plot-wise and character-wise.

Shame if it's the case, though, because Sayo Yamamoto did a great job with Michiko E Hatchin.

Reknoc

Earlier in the thread I posted a comparison of what wikipedia had for the Valerian page and Time Jam. After a day of Butterbeers and Chocolate Frogs I came home to vol. 1 of Valerian waiting for me. Not had chance to read it yet, but skimmed through it and... yeah the art I thought was of the comic isn't. It still has the sort of, darker colours, but the faces are more cartoony and the head is out of proportion with the body. Sort of looks like something that'd be in the Beano.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have a proposition to make, Anime-GAF: if I finish Fujiko Mine and come to the conclusion that the ending is truly the worst kind of cop-out one could write a show into, then I'll join you guys in saying that the series failed to deliver. I've been liking the series so far, but that's just episode 11, and I hear that the next two episodes just completely fail to resolve and provide anything interesting plot-wise and character-wise.

Shame if it's the case, though, because Sayo Yamamoto did a great job with Michiko E Hatchin.

There's a symbol that represents GAF's opinion of Lupin III Well Owl Be and it's a backward slash.

Seitokai Yakuindomo 09
Sports festival time. Also, GEORGE!!! Not terribly bad, just the same slightly amusing jokes everywhere. I don't mind that they are branching out and doing silly dramatic previews to waste time either. Better than playing the opening song.

Erigu

Earlier in the thread I posted a comparison of what wikipedia had for the Valerian page and Time Jam. After a day of Butterbeers and Chocolate Frogs I came home to vol. 1 of Valerian waiting for me. Not had chance to read it yet, but skimmed through it and... yeah the art I thought was of the comic isn't. It still has the sort of, darker colours, but the faces are more cartoony and the head is out of proportion with the body. Sort of looks like something that'd be in the Beano.
The series ran from 1967 to 2010, so the art evolved quite a bit.

sonicmj1

So you're telling us that if you dislike the ending, you'll agree that it was a bad ending?

Okay...

That doesn't sound like much of a proposition.

On a side note, you change your avatar possibly more than Dresden!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So you're telling us that if you dislike the ending, you'll agree that it was a bad ending?

Okay...
The entire plot for Fujiko loops into the ending. What he's saying is that if the ending is a mess then the entire plot is a wreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom