• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv96926331

Ixion Saga stream started. Behold the next amazing anime series from Brains Base! Lol.

OT5Ck.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Catch-up time.

Eureka Seven AO 10:

YkWIQl.jpg

With illustrations by Franz Bonaparta.

What does it say about this show after ten episodes that I can be pleased merely by the events of the plot being presented in a clear and logical sequence? Apart from some token characterization for the head of Pied Piper, this was still largely a one-off story. There was a Secret fight that involved Ao overcoming some sort of handicap, Truth being a dick, secret government agents being dicks, the usual. I'm genuinely concerned about the number of subplots that the show has spread itself between considering the time left to resolve them all.

Also, I'm still not pleased with Ao's development. Ao hasn't exactly remained static since joining Generation Bleu, but he's spending far too much time in the cockpit and still seems completely at the mercy of the whims of other characters. At this point, I had expected him to have at least partially developed personal objectives and a will of his own, but the only capacity in which this has occurred has been after some kind of major external provocation (i.e.
Truth disappearing Naru
). He doesn't seem to have any grasp of his place in the conflict and isn't particularly curious about the true aims of the organization he belongs to. In short, he only ever responds, but never seeks. I'm probably expecting too much out of a thirteen-year-old character, but Ao's presence isn't as bright as it could be.

Eureka Seven AO 11:

qQgPcl.jpg

asjkdjk jfdfjh jehlsj jsojighdghjdi dfd jkjejhgkdh kjfkdkhffdfji.

Jdkhgjoj jhrworeorieo hdhjk jfeejdkt fjdf skpwjjjfj jfjfkd fhdkshfe. Jkjdkhseki heho joejhisi haoj jfhf jeke[eouyejl jjfejsj? KHIheisojeijfsj jsaqihyaskfjj heuahteuhgdur kj ksjkh ahehph bkehihse. Aheihoijrihnerwpj gjho ejwihh iheiwh ahuehue eojiejish hihsteih.

jeirwhkn kenwjrgrn jgnjhrejrweih.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Angel was pretty cute though. I guess I have a thing for quiet non-emotive girls. What's that archetype called again? I remember Mai in Nichijou was the same way.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Is Brain's Base becoming the next ManGlobe?

I can't believe I'm saying this for a second time today, but shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

Angel was pretty cute though. I guess I have a thing for quiet non-emotive girls. What's that archetype called again? I remember Mai in Nichijou was the same way.

Kuudere, I think.

jman2050

I don't mind Kanade as cute kawaii moemoe bait but as the centerpiece of a love story she lacked anything slightly resembling character. I mean,
she literally exists for no other reason than for the main character to feel better about himself.

Makoto

I feel like this gif deserves an explanation
His lover just got KEYed from existence while in his arms, so he's trying to regain any semblance of her before accepting that she's truly gone.

Rei cl-
Edit:
Kuudere, I think.
What he said.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I hate Chibiusa, but loli Luna is on a whole other level of "what the hell were they thinking?"

Sometimes you just have to take a step back and consider the possibility that maybe Japan does have a problem sometimes. Cat ears and a tail on an actual little girl? Come the fuck on.

If you guys want a barrel of laughs, ANN posted their review of Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. If you just want to see the scores and pros/cons and laugh at those, see below.

Now we wait and see if Dragoon trusts AnimeGAF or ANN more!

Uchip

Banned
Sometimes you just have to take a step back and consider the possibility that maybe Japan does have a problem sometimes. Cat ears and a tail on an actual little girl? Come the fuck on.

Now we wait and see if Dragoon trusts AnimeGAF or ANN more!

so its only questionable when theyre real?

Branduil

If you guys want a barrel of laughs, ANN posted their review of Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. If you just want to see the scores and pros/cons and laugh at those, see below.

Overall (sub) : A-
Story : A-
Animation : B
Art : B
Music : B-

+ Well built series that really pulls its threads together at the end. Interestingly creepy/tragic past elements and a nice segue into the Lupin we all know.
− Fujiko's breasts get too much air time for no apparent reason, opening theme takes too much time to make sense. Takes seven episodes to really see that there is an overall plan.

Being duckroll is suffering.

Jex

Eureka Seven AO 11:

Jdkhgjoj jhrworeorieo hdhjk jfeejdkt fjdf skpwjjjfj jfjfkd fhdkshfe. Jkjdkhseki heho joejhisi haoj jfhf jeke[eouyejl jjfejsj? KHIheisojeijfsj jsaqihyaskfjj heuahteuhgdur kj ksjkh ahehph bkehihse. Aheihoijrihnerwpj gjho ejwihh iheiwh ahuehue eojiejish hihsteih.

jeirwhkn kenwjrgrn jgnjhrejrweih.

Tell me about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom