• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

School Days ONA

Terribly animated ONA that's basically a prototype version of the first episode of the tv series itself. I was hoping for something to set it apart be it a plot twist or some sort of troll ending but alas.

MUwDEl.png
School Days: Valentine Days

OVA packed with the ps2 game School Days L×H about the girls wanting to give Makoto chocolate for Valentine's Day. It's cute, comical, and entirely uncomfortable due to the tv series. Hilarious ending at least.

School Days: Magical Heart Kokoro-chan

Ecchi comedy OVA about Kotonoha's little sister being a magical girl. It threw in a proper narrator and some sentai elements to end up pretty great. The evil Dr. S unleashes zombie gas that turns men into pervert zombies and only these heroic girls can save the city. There's even an awesome OP!

This evil Dr. S whose identity remains a mystery.

Sekai & Kokoro show up to battle evil.

Our heroine, Magical Heart. Who is she? No one knows.

Gattai sequence and chainsaw summon just sealed the deal for me.

Heroman 1 - 3
tumblr_m5fjw05mft1qm3v42o1_500.jpg

Seem to be reaching the bottom of my backlog, so might as well tackle Heroman. I can't believe I actually hadnt watched this earlier. Its so awesome. Joey is definitely one of the luckiest protagonists thus far. I don't even know what I would do if I had a Heroman. The moments when he goes all Heroman Engage, and Blast, and Finish are always so exciting and I love how numerous and lengthy they are. I wonder if he can access even more skills and if Psy will get involved in action (well if he can move that leg).

Roulette is so addicting, maware maware maware!

duckroll

dunno, I remember hearing it was bones back in Spring. Don't think it's listed anywhere though?

Bones would be the logical conclusion from the staff involved, but I haven't seen that confirmed.

It seems like it's not-BONES or something. Basically the staff, the art/animation, and the casting all scream BONES, but it's not them. Back in March the movie was being promoted at TMS' booth at the Tokyo Anime Fair, so they're probably the ones behind the production. Whether BONES is "secretly" handling the animation remains to be seen. Probably not though.

I guess it's kinda like how Lupin was TMS, but the staff all seemed to be not-Madhouse people.

7Th

The funniest part of Angel Beats is the producer being all smug about the show having an insane amount of keyframes per episode, saying that they were going to deliver the peak of TV animation and shit like that.

wonzo

Banned
Was the Horizon 2 pv 2 posted yet? Probably but just saw it.

Normally i'd 'bad' it but looks somewhat entertaining.
Still bad.
Nah, it has a good story, most people just don't understand it, because they tend to think with their crotch, not their brain.
Nanamegami in reply to MrPantsuLover (Show the comment) 6 hours ago

horizon's just 2deep4u

Branduil

The funniest part of Angel Beats is the producer being all smug about the show having an insane amount of keyframes per episode, saying that they were going to deliver the peak of TV animation and shit like that.

"Perfect Everything" Works.

jman2050

A shame he apparently knows jack shit about color usage.

Even with everything else that was the show's biggest offense in its visuals.

duckroll

Hey 7th, since you're an expert on him, do you think Nishigori could be the Magi character designer given the artwork released so far?

7Th

Hey 7th, since you're an expert on him, do you think Nishigori could be the Magi character designer given the artwork released so far?

The hands look really close to his style (specially in the drawing of Aladdin) but the faces don't really fit with his previous works; I think it's probably just someone that worked with him on Idolm@ster.

I have to say that cheek on the second drawing looks kinda Nishigori-ish, but it could also come from the Houkago no Pleiades girl.

duckroll

The hands look really close to his style (specially in the drawing of Aladdin) but the faces don't really fit with his previous works; I think it's probably just someone that worked with him on Idolm@ster.

Hmmm... yeah I was kinda thinking that it didn't look exactly like his work but there were similarities but I couldn't pin point it. Thanks.

In other news...

https://twitter.com/strangers_movie/status/220705193732476928

The Sword of the Stranger 5th Anniversary Project account says that the project is heading towards a climax and there will be more news announced tomorrow!!! OMG!!!! (Prepare for disappointment.)

Seitokai Yakuindomo 11
EL2yF.gif

So bright.
This was a fun episode. Random jokes, suddenly an infomercial selling Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte X, to the Christmas party and the vibrating gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom