• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
well, either that or bee train shows

Hyouge Mono was the best thing that Bee Train ever did. I tell no lies.

Don't forget the target audience: girls.
She's meant to be cute, nothing more.

Because I'm so often not in the target audience of the things that I watch, I lose sight of this embarrassingly easy.

I didn't mean to imply that Sailor Luna is actively pedobait, but she's still incredibly uncomfortable regardless.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If you guys want a barrel of laughs, ANN posted their review of Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. If you just want to see the scores and pros/cons and laugh at those, see below.

Overall (sub) : A-
Story : A-
Animation : B
Art : B
Music : B-

+ Well built series that really pulls its threads together at the end. Interestingly creepy/tragic past elements and a nice segue into the Lupin we all know.
− Fujiko's breasts get too much air time for no apparent reason, opening theme takes too much time to make sense. Takes seven episodes to really see that there is an overall plan.
What in the fuck. The music is great and the best aspect of Fujiko.

Ultimadrago

Nichibros Special 3

yJxnq.png

She originates from a desire from the creators to have a character in the movie with large breasts and glasses voiced by a popular current voice actress. No, really.
I can understand why Mari garners such hate, but I do appreciate how she kind of bridges the gap between the adults' world of subterfuge and the children's world of child soldiery. And I have faith that she will fly completely off the handle and do decidedly not-moe things.

duckroll

I can understand why Mari garners such hate, but I do appreciate how she kind of bridges the gap between the adults' world of subterfuge and the children's world of child soldiery. And I have faith that she will fly completely off the handle and do decidedly not-moe things.

People are just jealous of Mari because she represents the new face and direction of Evangelion. With the Rebuild movies growing more and more popular, it is not surprising the older fans who feel left out want to find something to blame for their own misfortune. The fact is Rebuild is better than anything Eva ever was, and is a great new future for the franchise. Some people just can't accept it.

Dresden

well, either that or bee train shows

hyouge mono isn't a great adaptation, but the source is strong enough that the writing, the character of Sasuke, and dem reaction faces are enough to carry the whole thing.

sad that the most notable thing about the anime now is how the OP band got canned because the singer smoked weed. :(

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
People are just jealous of Mari because she represents the new face and direction of Evangelion. With the Rebuild movies growing more and more popular, it is not surprising the older fans who feel left out want to find something to blame for their own misfortune. The fact is Rebuild is better than anything Eva ever was, and is a great new future for the franchise. Some people just can't accept it.
So Rebuild haters are like Nietzche and Hitler?

duckroll

What would the budget goal need to be for a one-cour season? $1.5 million?

Depends on the staff and cast you plan on getting. If you're not really picky I'm sure you can get 12-13 episodes made with $1.5 million. Getting it on air might be another matter...

wonzo

Banned
I watched the trailer. Twice.

Fortunately I saw nothing of the sort.

However, everything about the trailer looked like absolute ass in general if it's any anti-consolation. I swear, it's highly reminiscent of bad fantasy anime out of the early 00s. RIP Brains Base
Really, are you sure that bit at the ~27 second mark wasn't CG? Please say yes otherwise I must be suffering from some kinda CG induced brain damage. :(

Hyouge Mono was the best thing that Bee Train ever did. I tell no lies.
lowbar.jpg

yotsubano.jpg

wonzo

Banned
hyouge mono isn't a great adaptation, but the source is strong enough that the writing, the character of Sasuke, and dem reaction faces are enough to carry the whole thing.

sad that the most notable thing about the anime now is how the OP band got canned because the singer smoked weed. :(
remember kids, winners dont do drugs

Well 10 seconds into the first episode of Gundam Wing and Im right back to being a kid watching it after school.
Dub is holding up better than I thought it would have.

Wish I could enjoy some of the other ones.

Jex

I am not expressing hate, I am simply explaining how the creators of Rebuild arrived at Mari:

-- Considering Anno's "spirit of service," that would naturally be the case, right? So, that would lead to [Anno] increasing the number of Mari's appearances?

Tsurumaki: The truth is, at the earliest stage of planning, Mari was such a character that, in the extreme case, if she hadn't spoken at all, it would have been okay. For example, Misato just reading the materials on her, [and saying] "It seems that Unit-05 was in Hong Kong and had a battle with an angel. The pilot was this person" - would have been fine, I think......

--- In that case, she would become an amazingly weak character.

Tsurumaki: Yeah. The appearance of a new character and Eva Unit-05 was requested by executive producer (Toshimichi) Ootsuki-san. I think the motive was a commercial one - to strengthen the appeal of the film.

--- Surely, the new films themselves become a burden to the extent they represent a story that preexists the new character; you had to "create carefully," right?

Tsurumaki: [Yes,] because at first we intended [simply] to summarize the original series. For example, the current structure in which the new character is actively involved before the main titles was put in place at that stage in the film's plot [development]. In addition, [she] would appear only once more, watching the battle just before the climax. That was the extent to which she appeared.

--- So, she was hardly related to the characters of the original story.

Tsurumaki: It's Anno-san's usual method. He allows possibilities to remain without making up his mind. By no means have things been decided. Because, if he was bound to a decision, he wouldn't be able to do anything but that. He was still undecided about how to handle her, and at that time he probably thought that introducing her but leaving her without definite relations [to anything] would be safe for the moment.

Old and busted Eva: completely submissive moeblob girl who constantly needs to be protected and saved.
Neo Eva: strong-willed action girl who does what she wants and is proud of her body.

In other words, people who don't like Rebuild are sexist pigs who long for the golden days of yore. How disgusting.
I am not expressing hate, I am simply explaining how the creators of Rebuild arrived at Mari:
Oh, I'm aware. That was lazy quoting on my part -- I should have quoted Mad Pierrot.

Branduil

Depends on the staff and cast you plan on getting. If you're not really picky I'm sure you can get 12-13 episodes made with $1.5 million. Getting it on air might be another matter...

If we're making it for our own benefit, why does it matter if it airs on TV? Just upload it to youtube and nicovideo.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
remember kids, winners dont do drugs

Winners don't compose OPs for NHK anime, either.

Normal protag, ugly loli, probably cool old guy that isn't long for the world, boobs for this series and mascot.

Generic for sure!

Following in the proud tradition of fantasy anime that absolutely set the weekly DVD charts ablaze like Tower of Druaga, World Destruction, Legend of the Legendary Heroes, Arad Senki: Slap Up Party, and so on.

Jex

The funniest part of Angel Beats is the producer being all smug about the show having an insane amount of keyframes per episode, saying that they were going to deliver the peak of TV animation and shit like that.

They delivered the peak amount of keyframes! That's how you win the anime war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom