• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

If you guys want a barrel of laughs, ANN posted their review of Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. If you just want to see the scores and pros/cons and laugh at those, see below.

Overall (sub) : A-
Story : A-
Animation : B
Art : B
Music : B-

+ Well built series that really pulls its threads together at the end. Interestingly creepy/tragic past elements and a nice segue into the Lupin we all know.
− Fujiko's breasts get too much air time for no apparent reason, opening theme takes too much time to make sense. Takes seven episodes to really see that there is an overall plan.

I hope duckroll doesn't read this, it might cause his brain to implode.

wonzo

Banned
Nichibros SP3

nichibrosp3.jpg

such deep philosophical questions that only a show like Nichibros could possibly confront.

If you guys want a barrel of laughs, ANN posted their review of Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. If you just want to see the scores and pros/cons and laugh at those, see below.

The first thing that most viewers will notice is the show's unusual opening theme. Called “New Wuthering Heights,” it is less a song and more an elderly woman (voiced by Ichiko Hashimoto) speaking over classical music while Fujiko frolics naked in a variety of abstract places, pausing to make out with herself and fondle her mirror image's breasts. While it is bizarre, and may be a turn off to viewers not fond of or uncomfortable with overt and fetished sexuality, rest assured that in the very last episode, it will suddenly make sense The same could be said of most of the series, and it deserves credit for having a clear goal and carrying it through. Simply put, this is a series that has been very well planned, right down to the last scene, which brings us to the start of the Geneon series.

Dresden

You really have to admire Brains Base's selflessness. Scrimping and saving by doing projects like these for almost an entire year, and all so that they can give fans the second season of Baccano! that they've been clamoring for for years. Truly a class act.
you mean, durarara', a.k.a. the season of shizuo's waifu.

Jex

I have a proposition to make, Anime-GAF: if I finish Fujiko Mine and come to the conclusion that the ending is truly the worst kind of cop-out one could write a show into, then I'll join you guys in saying that the series failed to deliver. I've been liking the series so far, but that's just episode 11, and I hear that the next two episodes just completely fail to resolve and provide anything interesting plot-wise and character-wise.
You're not alone now, at least, because ANN agree with you!
Stealing my quality comments I see. How shameless!

Amazingly, I hadn't even read that page before posting my comment.

Instro

You really have to admire Brains Base's selflessness. Scrimping and saving by doing projects like these for almost an entire year, and all so that they can give fans the second season of Baccano! that they've been clamoring for for years. Truly a class act.

This sounds like what people used to say about Manglobe lol.

flawfuls

Just because Brains Base is making shitty pandering shows doesn't mean they are making money off them! Didn't Sengoku Collection Bomb?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
This sounds like what people used to say about Manglobe lol.

I should know, I used to be one of them.

This is really an all-around feel-bad night for AnimeGAF.

Just because Brains Base is making shitty pandering shows doesn't mean they are making money off them! Didn't Sengoku Collection Bomb?

They're getting moneyhatted to some extent by Konami. Why else would that turd be two cours?

Jex

Fortunately, we, generally being a reasonable group of people, are aware of just how vapid and meaningless the religious "symbolism" in Evangelion is so the debate never happens!

Sadly, in other corners of the internet, I imagine that there are still people working themselves into a tizzy over the cross-shaped explosions and the apocryphal references while, somewhere in Japan, Anno suddenly erupts in laughter without knowing the reason why.

What is the real troll is that Anno actually laced Evangelion with real, meaningful religious symbolism and he just pretends that he did it for kicks?

Dresden

didn't bomb as hard as zetman thanks to pack-in junk for game

What is the real troll is that Anno actually laced Evangelion with real, meaningful religious symbolism and he just pretends that he did it for kicks?

symbolism in media is surprisingly incidental and the reaction is divorced from intent if the result works, or something, we're all just trolling anywayz

duckroll

It's not about "shitty pandering shows", but rather that they are now driven to pick up paycheck jobs like making anime adaptations of stupid online games. Sengoku Collection is a social game, and Ixion Saga is a some online action RPG. It's all shovelware garbage, and there's nothing creative about them at all.

Jex

so Fuse's cast got listed

I didn't know that the Xam'd dude is directing though; I hope the movie turns out well, if it's not saddled with the burden of carrying out a narrative through 26 episodes of animu.

I didn't really have too much problem with the actual direction of X'amd it just felt kind of unplanned and poorly paced once the story reached w certain point...which is of course the directors fault.

flawfuls

It's not about "shitty pandering shows", but rather that they are now driven to pick up paycheck jobs like making anime adaptations of stupid online games. Sengoku Collection is a social game, and Ixion Saga is a some online action RPG. It's all shovelware garbage, and there's nothing creative about them at all.

I wouldn't go that far. The one episode I saw about the rice was very creative. Not particularly good, but creative.

Jex

I suppose that I should clarify and say that I technically don't consider Mari to be a legitimate Evangelion character because she originates from a certain nameless adaptation of the series...

She originates from a desire from the creators to have a character in the movie with large breasts and glasses voiced by a popular current voice actress. No, really.

I'm pretty sure Ixion Saga will be less crative than Sengoku Collection. Stories about cross gendered Sengoku generals in a modern world won't write themselves compared to an online RPG.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
are my eyes deceiving me or did i just see a cg fight scene in that trailer?

why brains base why

I watched the trailer. Twice.

Fortunately I saw nothing of the sort.

However, everything about the trailer looked like absolute ass in general if it's any anti-consolation. I swear, it's highly reminiscent of bad fantasy anime out of the early 00s. RIP Brains Base

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sometimes you just have to take a step back and consider the possibility that maybe Japan does have a problem sometimes. Cat ears and a tail on an actual little girl? Come the fuck on.
Don't forget the target audience: girls.
She's meant to be cute, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom