• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The final announcement of the Sword of the Stranger 5th Anniversary Project is:
a fan event at Loft/Plus One on the 25th of July featuring Masahiko Minami, Masahiro Ando, Hidetsugu Ito, and Shiho Takeuchi! They'll stand around and talk about boring shit about a 5 year old movie!!!!
HOLY SHIT THAT IS SO EXCITING! OMG!!!
Look at the bright side, if they did a sequel to Sword of the Stranger the main character would probably be some moeblob samurai.

e_i

Moyashimon Returns episode 1

Hey guys...thanks for fucking with the character designs. WTF happened to Hazuki and Mutou? Why did they go with a different character designer? Ugh. The show is still pretty awesome though.

duckroll

Look at the bright side, if they did a sequel to Sword of the Stranger the main character would probably be some moeblob samurai.

That worked out before. No reason why it can't work again.

Dx2RQ.jpg

Narag

Idol Fight Suchie-Pai 2

I guess this is some fanwank for the video game series its based on. It's mostly introductions and very little actual... anything else. All I took from it was mahjong inflames the spirits of young women (and cyborgs and bunnies and cats ...)

Not that I'm complaining.

Saint Seiya Omega 14

I feel like Yuna is getting too many fights in quick succession. Gotta spread that out, especially when you got 5 main fighters (at the moment).

One thing I love about these new age censor lasers is that your imagination can run wild with possibilities. In my mind, that girl just got chopped to pieces and only her legs are left. No other reason to censor the ENTIRE rest of the body.

Narag

One thing I love about these new age censor lasers is that your imagination can run wild with possibilities. In my mind, that girl just got chopped to pieces and only her legs are left. No other reason to censor the ENTIRE rest of the body.

You've just made those awful censors bearable.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Tsuritama 10-12 (END):

In a word, amazing.

What an incredible, brisk, relentless swell of action, tension, and emotion culminating in a heartfelt adrenaline rush of a climax and an extraordinarily satisfying ending/epilogue, all lifted to the highest heights by brilliant scoring and masterful direction. I'm actually quite thankful in this case that I'm behind a couple of weeks, as being able to burn through the final three episodes at once really enhanced the experience. At over an hour, my rapt attention to the sequence of events I was witnessing never wavered. My expectations have been blown to smithereens in the best way possible.

This really demands an eventual rewatch just to be able to witness the entire process of character progression at once. Even after being skeptical of Tsuritama's pace and characters for most of the first half, I still can't believe that it ended up where it did in a single season. Even knowing beforehand that shifting into "save the world" mode would ratchet up the drama and urgency of events significantly, I could not have envisioned it reaching such lofty heights, having managed to so elegantly weave tons and tons of characterization into events. I finally have the admiration for the show that I always wanted to have but just couldn't get myself to feel. A+ ending, fantastic experience, will recommend at every opportunity.

Jex

The final announcement of the Sword of the Stranger 5th Anniversary Project is:
a fan event at Loft/Plus One on the 25th of July featuring Masahiko Minami, Masahiro Ando, Hidetsugu Ito, and Shiho Takeuchi! They'll stand around and talk about boring shit about a 5 year old movie!!!!
HOLY SHIT THAT IS SO EXCITING! OMG!!!

Oh SHIT son.

Jex

[Binbougami ga!] - 1

This was okay, I suppose, but that's about it. I am glad that other people are liking it but I am not particularly enthralled with it.

As for the whole Gintama connection, it's pretty clear that the team are similar based on the comic timing and general style but the material is quite different.

duckroll

It's pretty funny that out of the 4 characters, we have 3 of them cosplaying as detectives, with only Satoshi as a villain. I wonder if it's foreshadowing something...

Binbougami-ga 1

Meh.

[Binbougami ga!] - 1

This was okay, I suppose, but that's about it. I am glad that other people are liking it but I am not particularly enthralled with it.

As for the whole Gintama connection, it's pretty clear that the team are similar based on the comic timing and general style but the material is quite different.

And the backlash begins. cosmicblizzard hype is the next duckroll hype :(

Defuser

Binbougami OP maybe catchy with the _way lyrocs but ED is better with fanservice and the music is a throwback to the oldies(?) imo
Binbougami ga! 01

How is Vegeta unfortunate? They should stayed consistent with Gintama's DBZ referenceolgy and used Yamcha!
Yeah,I realised after watching it, even Krellin would be a good example of unfortunate.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
So... crunchyroll took down Steins;Gate due to licensing issues... but on Funimation's own streaming site - where Steins;Gate is licensed it was also removed (or never uploaded?) even though they have a page for it... what gives? Is there anywhere I can see the show now that it's been licensed?

Instro

Ah well, can't win them all.

To expand a bit more, I felt like it was bogged down with drama that I didn't really care about. If they focus more on the comedy then I would probably enjoy it more.

It's pretty funny that out of the 4 characters, we have 3 of them cosplaying as detectives, with only Satoshi as a villain. I wonder if it's foreshadowing something...

Well there have been some hints.

wonzo

Banned
where were you when blood-c forever changed anime censorship?

Hyouka is getting a new ED soon, and the official site has character designs for the new ED: http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/kotenbu/gallery/
rip kyoani fan sebisu ed

So... crunchyroll took down Steins;Gate due to licensing issues... but on Funimation's own streaming site - where Steins;Gate is licensed it was also removed (or never uploaded?) even though they have a page for it... what gives? Is there anywhere I can see the show now that it's been licensed?
welcome to funi's incompetency when it comes to internet streaming

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Hyouka is getting a new ED soon, and the official site has character designs for the new ED: http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/kotenbu/gallery/

There was a thin, crisp, continuous patter from somewhere in the heart of that crawling bank. The cloud was within fifty yards of where we lay, and we glared at it, all three, uncertain what horror was about to break from the heart of it. I was at Houtarou's elbow, and I glanced for an instant at his face. It was pale and exultant, his eyes shining brightly in the moonlight. But suddenly they started forward in a rigid, fixed stare, and his lips parted in amazement. At the same instant Mayaka gave a yell of terror and threw herself face downward upon the ground. I sprang to my feet, my inert hand grasping my pistol, my mind paralyzed by the dreadful shape which had sprung out upon us from the shadows of the fog. A schoolgirl it was, an enormous coal-black-haired schoolgirl, but not such a schoolgirl as mortal eyes have ever seen. Fire burst from her open mouth, her eyes glowed purple with a smouldering glare, her muzzle and hackles and dewlap were outlined in flickering flame. Never in the delirious dream of a disordered brain could anything more savage, more appalling, more hellish be conceived than that dark form and savage face which broke upon us out of the wall of fog. With long bounds the huge black creature was leaping down the track, the chilling moor-mist billowing from between her moon-glimmer'd fangs as she viciously howled WATASHIIIIIII WA KININARIMASUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

To expand a bit more, I felt like it was bogged down with drama that I didn't really care about. If they focus more on the comedy then I would probably enjoy it more.

Personally I felt that the serious moments were handled well and I was genuinely moved - not that they were a huge part of the episode anyway. I can't speak for what the ratio will be in the future, but it seems a crazy comedy above anything else to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom