• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, we have the first actual info about the Magi anime from the Aniplex producers who are working on it. They had a discussion with Otona Animedia Vol5, and fans in Japan have picked the magazine up. Some info from the article has been posted:

- The author herself is pretty involved in the production, and she also joined them on location hunting in the middle east. She also proposed changes to the story which would improve upon the original material.

- The director is someone who was chosen by the producer as someone who can write drama more than anything else.

- The anime adaptation will develop the story very quickly. Sinbad in particular will be introduced rather early, within a few episodes. The first priority in the story is to assemble The Eight Generals of Sindaria.

- The main focus of the anime adaptation will be the Balbaad story arc. The manga author's specific request is that they do a good job with the climax because it is very important.

The director mention has me wondering just how much they're going to change. If Ohtaka signed off on it, it should be good, but I'm still a bit skeptical. Of course, I just don't want them changing stuff I like :/

Anyway, that's some dedication right there if they're scouting locations in the middle east. Wonder where they're going.

duckroll

The director mention has me wondering just how much they're going to change. If Ohtaka signed off on it, it should be good, but I'm still a bit skeptical. Of course, I just don't want them changing stuff I like :/

Anyway, that's some dedication right there if they're scouting locations in the middle east. Wonder where they're going.

While I agree that I wouldn't want bad changes or stuff being cut out for no reason, I think if they're dedicated to making a solid anime adaptation, and they have good reasons to think it would be more effective to do certain things in another way, I'm game.

What I ask for in adaptations above all else is that the staff understand why the work they're adapting is good (if it is in fact good, otherwise whatever lol), and combined with a good understanding of what good film making is, create something that is true to the source while exciting and entertaining for both new audiences and existing fans.

Fingers crossed!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I am sorry to say this but, overalls are never a good look.

gg2Ns.jpg

Makoto

Rolled overall pantlegs = overgrown six-year-old. We're talking about real overalls here, not OshKosh B'Goshes.
Unless she wants to look like she should be doing the paint job for her neighbor's house, unrolled wouldn't be prudent at all. It would clash with the summer season style, which is what Ibara is shooting for in that picture. I watch the Style channel, I'm an expert on this.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Unless she wants to look like she should be doing the paint job for her neighbor's house, unrolled wouldn't be prudent at all. It would clash with the summer season style, which is what Ibara is shooting for in that picture. I watch the Style channel, I'm an expert on this.

Some dried paint on that denim would only serve to make it look even better. Menial labor moe!

duckroll

I should probably add that the producer mentioned in the director selection for Magi is Tomonori Ochikoshi. He's producing Fairy Tail and Space Brothers right now, but previously he also produced ROD TV and Kamichu. If that's the case, this could support the case for Koji Masunari being the director. If he is, then it would be the first thing he directed which doesn't have a female-only lead(s).

wonzo

Banned
Sengoku Collection 14

from moe cg fan death, faux-yuri bath breastplay and board gamu play, this ep has all you could want from this show. plus the new op/ed clearly showed that there are far more genderbent sengoku era moeblobs to visit!

I am sorry to say this but, overalls are never a good look.
wrong yet again

fertygo

Man, watching Moyashimon S2
The chara design got changed, its like friggin' Toradora now (its more like princess jellyfish in the truth)
The Girls ain't hotties anymore :/

Sorry no screencaps because its kinda hurt me, why anime ;_;

Binbougami ga 1
I was actually pretty excited to watch this, but the comedy in this did nothing for me. I'll keep watching in hopes it will click with me, but I'm not feeling this episode.

Narag

Binbougami ga 1
I was actually pretty excited to watch this, but the comedy in this did nothing for me. I'll keep watching in hopes it will click with me, but I'm not feeling this show.

It strikes me as something that'll be hampered initially by setup but will deliver once that's out of the way.

fertygo

All comedy rarely got strong premiere, for me at least Binbougami ga was very inducing as far the 1st of comedy anime (not just anime though, comedy in general) because its very rare to found spectacular premiere at this genre. Its will be "OK, I'm watching this" at the very best in most case.

wonzo

Banned
Okay, we have the first actual info about the Magi anime from the Aniplex producers who are working on it. They had a discussion with Otona Animedia Vol5, and fans in Japan have picked the magazine up. Some info from the article has been posted:

- The author herself is pretty involved in the production, and she also joined them on location hunting in the middle east. She also proposed changes to the story which would improve upon the original material.

- The director is someone who was chosen by the producer as someone who can write drama more than anything else.

- The anime adaptation will develop the story very quickly. Sinbad in particular will be introduced rather early, within a few episodes. The first priority in the story is to assemble The Eight Generals of Sindaria.

- The main focus of the anime adaptation will be the Balbaad story arc. The manga author's specific request is that they do a good job with the climax because it is very important.
I'm kinda worried about these two points but I guess the Author overseeing it somewhat eases my concerns.

Articalys

EUREKA SEVEN AO 12

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Toriko 63

There was a time in my life when the first place my mind went wasn't "lol, tsundere" after seeing something like this :(

Anyway, this is one of those episodes that shows just how much of a badass Zebra is. It also means he weighs a shitton.

Binbougami ga 1
7n678.jpg

Or more like the God of Awful.
Momiji is an awful character. Otherwise an okay show. Definitely not worth the hype, would rather watch Nyaruko-san to be honest. Will wait to see if it gets better later on before I continue.
zLhfj.jpg

The OP and ED were much better than the actual episode itself.

Seitokai Yakuindomo 16
Nothing's more important.
You know, I'm now sad this is the last episode. I do want more of this show. It's not always hilarious, but the lewd jokes are amusing, I like the characters and it's pretty fun all around. That and I really do like the ED. Though, I do expect more episodes mostly cause they are not stopping the new character train one bit.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Moyashimon Returns 01:

2LqtAl.jpg

Guan Brew, Lu Brew, and Brewge Liang are some of my favorite characters in Brewmance of the Three Kingdoms.

Is my memory of the original really hazy, or was this even more heavy on entire conversations consisting of people blurting out agriscience factoids at each other? It was informational, but virtually nothing of note happened. Not an auspicious beginning.

And
Kei is a crossdresser permanently
? Really?

In response to some criticism of the change in art style, I found the character designs to be ever so slightly streamlined and not even something I can really notice unless I'm actively paying attention to it. It's not significant enough to impact my enjoyment.

Moyashimon Returns 01:

Is my memory of the original really hazy, or was this even more heavy on entire conversations consisting of people blurting out agriscience factoids at each other? It was informational, but virtually nothing of note happened. Not an auspicious beginning.

Moyashimon S1 has quite a bit of that, especially in its first couple episodes.

Dresden

Eureka Seven AO - 12

As inconsistent as the show can be, it's all worth it for these kind of episodes. What a great, beautiful, triumphant episode.

e: admittedly it can still go haywire, but for now I'll be optimistic--because it feels good. Isn't that what matters?

Eureka Seven AO - 12

As inconsistent as the show can be, it's all worth it for these kind of episodes. What a great, beautiful, triumphant episode.

e: admittedly it can still go haywire, but for now I'll be optimistic--because it feels good. Isn't that what matters?
Your brain would never lie to you, never.

Dresden

You can trust no one. Not even yourself!

I've enjoyed most of the episodes and I enjoyed this one. I think it's a good show. There's still plenty of room for it to burn out but sometimes the train safely makes it home.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

I've enjoyed most of the episodes and I enjoyed this one. I think it's a good show. There's still plenty of room for it to burn out but sometimes the train safely makes it home.

Lol. No. That episode was so glorious. Gosh damn.... I'm rewatching the preview again and again. omg...

firehawk12

Subete no aware

It's still strange at times, like the parts with
"Mama"
. For me, it's turned into a fan-fiction plot generator,
so when they have the Gekko show up, I guess I'm excited.

I guess it's still enjoyable on those terms any way.

Dresden

It's still strange at times, like the parts with
"Mama"
I liked that. Reminded me of Ray, actually. It's the artificiality of the old relationship that's been typified here throughout all the Generation Bleu teams. In a way they're all orphans.

For me, it's turned into a fan-fiction plot generator,
so when they have the Gekko show up, I guess I'm excited.

I guess it's still enjoyable on those terms any way.

Sometimes you gotta sit back and cheer for the home team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom