• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
You watch dubbed anime?

BUa7i.gif
yo, get the fuck out

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
To be completely fair, it's unlikely that anybody other than people who liked E7 would be watching E7 AO anyways. It's not as if E7 needed a sequel, Bones needed the money and E7 seems to have a decently sized fanbase.
Just because it's a sequel doesn't mean it has to be lackluster show that only gets by on pandering to previous fans.

/XX/

It's just a passing thought, but it's interesting that Binbougami_ga! is the first show I've seen since Penguindrum to have Himari's desaturated eyelashes.
Add to that the whole collection of freaks with white eyelashes from Jormungand.

But wait... the lowest values for any color saturation will only render shades of grey, isn't it?

Well... close enough!

Breaking news: At the Sailor Moon 20th Anniversary event on right now, they announced that there will be a new Sailor Moon anime released in 2013. Momoiro Clover is doing the theme song.
It is this event (http://nicofarre.jp/event.php?id=127), no?

Could this have been planned all along since TOEI Animation Europe touted that "return" for the franchise? If so, this probably will be part of a massive promotion for the previous works here in Europe before this new series comes.

Uchip

Banned
Eureka Seven Astral Ocean 12

The complete disregard for any sense of the laws of physics stands out prominently, further robbing the series of credibility and making it seem as though everything here is poorly planned out. When such simple things are ignored everything winds up feeling incredibly contrived. Dramatics come only with the absence of any logic. The show feels even more poorly designed when the plan of attack is always the same, which leaves the action scenes in the show feeling increasingly dull and meaningless. Instead the show takes the easy way out and relies on shock value revelations seemingly for people familiar with the original series.

LOL
yeah that scene must have been really really strange for people unfamiliar with the original show.

Narag

infinite shit 10

"Yes, we weren't thinking at all!" - bland childhood friend #1

Well, that would certainly explain basically the entire shows existence.

Oh well, this episode wasn't off to a good start focusing on the British chick but I doubt it could get any worse...

Oh, I wonder what this is?! Hmm, why don't we pull it and find out...

oh GOD NO

Um... yeah, she was pretty bad but I felt that... that something was still missing so I decided to switch to the Japanese audio track and re-watch some bits and...

impDRTvLVobxF.gif

IS THERE NO END TO JUST HOW FUCKING SHITTY THIS FUCKING FUCKY SHOW CAN POSSIBLY FUCKING GET??? FUCK FUCK FUCKITY FUCK

One day you'll end up like me. Your hate will subside and the burning desire for s2 will replace any ill will you once felt. I can't bear to look at myself in the mirror anymore due to the monster I've become.

7Th

The perfect staff for the new Sailor Moon anime would be Masahiko Ootsuka as director with Sushio as character designer and animation production by Trigger.

duckroll

The perfect staff for the new Sailor Moon anime would be Masahiko Ootsuka as director with Sushio as character designer and animation production by Trigger.

That would be the perfect staff to completely miss the point of the actual target demographic of Sailor Moon. :p

fertygo

Bet its another "Cheap sequel" like Seiya Omega. and I'm sure as hell its will be direct replacement of Omega after finished.

7Th

Bet its another "Cheap sequel" like Seiya Omega. and I'm sure as hell its will be direct replacement of Omega after finished.

Is it confirmed that Toei is doing it and that it is a TV show? Because if it is you should just expect a Precure clone with less martial arts.

/XX/

Man, that combination is GENIOUS! So much that I have the impression you have been thinking on something similar for some time already... while seeing Sushio's magical girls designs he has been uploading recently, maybe?

7Th

Man, that combination is GENIOUS! So much that I have the impression you have been thinking on something similar for some time already... while seeing Sushio's magical girls designs he has been uploading recently, maybe?

That influenced, sure, but the Sushio association I made was inspired mainly due to his relationship with MomoKuroZ.

jman2050

If there's anything stuff like Tenchi Muyo and Slayers has taught me, it's that when it comes to old anime properties that have been retired for many years, the best course of action is to LEAVE IT ALONE.

If there's anything stuff like Tenchi Muyo and Slayers has taught me, it's that when it comes to old anime properties that have been retired for many years, the best course of action is to LEAVE IT ALONE.

But isekai seikichi monogatari was great .. and the tenchi OAV existed only to answer some of the crazy fan theories out there in japan .. it was a ressounding sucess in my eyes .

i need an isekai S2

Defuser

Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! ep1
Boring piece of crap show. For a show which involves harem, potential russian roulette incest, cheesy ecchi and girls wanting to jump on his dick but censoring fanservice with black abyss and sunlight? That's like servng a creampuff without the cream.

I almost didn't catch Ishihara Kaori voice, way different from her usual voicing.

So, not sure if this is an appropriate place to post this but figured this thread would hit the largest group of people who might think this was cool! I splurged a bit and picked up some anime music; finally got my shipment today:

qJrzX.jpg

Already had Bebop OST 1 (came with the Perfect Sessions box) and the boxed set, so this completes the collection. Even found a copy of Future Blues with the Cowgirl Ed disc!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Why isn't anyone talking about this?!

Fate/stay night Possibly Announced for PlayStation Vita

Kadokawa Games is developing Fate/stay night Realta Nua for PlayStation Vita, according to leaked reports from the latest issue of New Type. The game features animation from Ufotable and will be released on November 29, priced ¥6,300.

Based off the name, this may be a port of the like-named PlayStation 2 title from 2007. As a bonus item, Kadokawa will include Tobidase! Trouble Hanafuda Douchuuki EX2, presumably a new version of a PSP game that was included with the PS2 version's first print edition.

We're still waiting for further details and confirmation.

Oh God.

BluWacky

So, not sure if this is an appropriate place to post this but figured this thread would hit the largest group of people who might think this was cool! I splurged a bit and picked up some anime music; finally got my shipment today:

That is a truly excellent set of purchases - so much Kanno music! Are you picking up the Aquarion vocal collection at the end of the month?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! ep1
Boring piece of crap show. For a show which involves harem, potential russian roulette incest, cheesy ecchi and girls wanting to jump on his dick but censoring fanservice with black abyss and sunlight? That's like servng a creampuff without the cream.

I almost didn't catch Ishihara Kaori voice, way different from her usual voicing.

Gotta give people a reason to get the BD/DVDs. Think I'll pass on this one.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

http://i.imgur.com/qJrzX.jpg[IMG]

Already had Bebop OST 1 (came with the Perfect Sessions box) and the boxed set, so this completes the collection. Even found a copy of Future Blues with the Cowgirl Ed disc![/QUOTE]

Great selection! Congratulations.

DiGiKerot

I should probably add that the producer mentioned in the director selection for Magi is Tomonori Ochikoshi. He's producing Fairy Tail and Space Brothers right now, but previously he also produced ROD TV and Kamichu. If that's the case, this could support the case for Koji Masunari being the director. If he is, then it would be the first thing he directed which doesn't have a female-only lead(s).

Welcome to the Space Show?

That is a truly excellent set of purchases - so much Kanno music! Are you picking up the Aquarion vocal collection at the end of the month?
I'm not familiar with the franchise, should I be? I know she worked on the music (or at least some of it) but that's about it! I've been listening to the Bebop OST since the show was airing and figured it was time to finally legitimize the collection! Really enjoyed Kids on the Slope too, so that was easy (though now contemplating the second OST!); Space Brothers is probably the best show of last season in my opinion and Feel So Moon is kind of great, Escape is pretty much the only good thing about AO so far, and that was pretty much that!
Great selection! Congratulations.
Thanks, man! I recently got the Lain Blu-Ray restore and Durarara Blu-Ray box set, so this may be it for a little while... though I also have Rookiez is Punk'd's full length due in a few weeks, but that was part of the same order above. They've become a guilty pleasure since Durarara! Damn whoever it was on this board that told me about TENSO!

Makoto

Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! 1

This played the prologue of its premise with a straight face and didn't fall flat on it. It's also cool that the MC is Harry Potter. Will watch this show to completion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom