• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! ep1

Gold Digger: The TV Series

iM0dxn4iKrdaF.gif

actual imouto ain't really that cute though.

duckroll

Aniplex is getting good at this game. They don't want to reveal the main staff for the Magi anime yet, but they want to start promoting it in the magazines anyway. So how do they hide who the potential character designer and animators are? The illustrations are apparently credited to "A-1 Pictures" instead of a specific artist. Lol.

Instro

Breaking news: At the Sailor Moon 20th Anniversary event on right now, they announced that there will be a new Sailor Moon anime released in 2013. Momoiro Clover is doing the theme song.

Wow, strange things are surely happening in the anime world these days. I wonder if its just a movie or OVA.

duckroll

Next Friday when NTV airs Totoro on their Kinyou Roadshow movie block, they will also be airing the brand new Evangelion 3.0 trailer for the first time. Mark your calenders! :D

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well, he went through the trouble of buying it already.

Though he could sell it, I suppose or give it away for free.

Just box it up and bury it so that it can ruin someone's life in the distant future like Jumanji. Instead of tribal drums people will hear ICHIKA NO ECCHI increasingly loudly as they approach the place where it's buried.

News about that bad looking new Kyoto Animation show has leaked. It's basically by the KyoAni team which made the adaptation of all those Key games:

http://i.imgur.com/8nJJV.jpg

Staff:
Director: Tatsuya Ishihara
Series Composition: Jukki Hanada
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Kazumi Ikeda
Art Director: Mutsuo Shinohara
Color design: Akiyo Takeda

I wonder where does that umbrella fit in all of this. Maybe watch?

Jex

Yeah. If it is like the game industry all over again, where many big publisher are afraid of risking on investments for new ideas, I hope that at least more creators turn to make low-scale collaborative projects taking advantage of all these new ways to access distribution.

You're talking about a beautiful Utopia my friend, but I don't know how it would come about.

Another recent re-boot of a very popular property would of course be Lupin, but unlike the other re-working we've seen so far that actually tried to very different to the source material.

So, not sure if this is an appropriate place to post this but figured this thread would hit the largest group of people who might think this was cool! I splurged a bit and picked up some anime music; finally got my shipment today:

http://i.imgur.com/qJrzX.jpg[/IG]

Already had Bebop OST 1 (came with the Perfect Sessions box) and the boxed set, so this completes the collection. Even found a copy of Future Blues with the Cowgirl Ed disc![/QUOTE]

Escape ftw, I love that OP for E7AO. Nice to have it physically.

Jex

Actually, I forgot that there's some other shows/movies that would fall under the catergories of -

- remakes of old and popular anime

- new series based off really popular manga that have already had one adaptation and haven't receently had and an anime adaptation

So the list now goes a little something like this:

Reideen (Remake)
Rebuild of Evangelion Film Series (Remake and alteration)
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Remake, alteration and extension)
Berserk Film Series (Remake and extension)
Appleseed XIII (lol)
Hunter x Hunter (Remake and extension presumably)
Lupin (Prequel, different style)
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Remake)
Cyborg 0009 (Film)
Jo Jo's (Covering material not covered before?)
Sailor Moon (new material ?)
Gundam Origin (remake of adaptation of original show - thanks 7th)
Saint Seyia Omega
Casshern Sins (Remake)
Terra e (Remake)
Hakaba Kitarou (Remake)
Yatterman (Remake)
Shin Mazinger (Reboot)
New Jeeg

Dragonball Kai (Rebroadcast/clean up)
Gundam SEED HD (Rebroadcast/clean up)

This is a very Hollywood, or, perhaps videogames industry, way of approaching your properties. You have something that's popular, and then you go back and try and recapture that same audience again. I am not necessairly pointing out, just highlighting a current trend.

Any other works that I have forgotten?

Note: I am aware that 'remakes' have existed in anime for decades.

7Th

Actually, I forgot that there's some other shows/movies that would fall under the catergories of -

- new series based off really popular manga that have already had one adaptation and haven't receently had and an anime adaptation

So the list now goes a little something like this:

Rebuild of Evangelion Film Series (Remake and alteration)
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Remake, alteration and extension)
Berserk Film Series (Remake and extension)
Appleseed XIII (lol)
Hunter x Hunter (Remake and extension presumably)
Lupin (Prequel, different style)
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Remake)
Cyborg 0009 (Film)
Jo Jo's (Covering material not covered before?)
Sailor Moon (new material ?)

This is a very Hollywood, or, perhaps videogames industry, way of approaching your properties. You have something that's popular, and then you go back and try and recapture that same audience again. I am not necessairly pointing out, just highlighting a current trend.

Note: I am aware that 'remakes' have existed in anime for decades.

Don't forget the upcoming Gundam Origin, which is an adaptation of the manga adaptation of the original TV show.

duckroll

- new series based off really popular manga that have already had one adaptation and haven't receently had and an anime adaptation.

Saint Seiya Omega?

duckroll

There was also that Reideen series Production IG did. It aired earlier in the same year that Eva 1.0 opened. Would that count?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I guess Casshern Sins, Terra e, Hakaba Kitarou, and Yatterman '08 would count as remakes/reboots.

Jex

There was also that Reideen series Production IG did. It aired earlier in the same year that Eva 1.0 opened. Would that count?

That's actually a perfect example even if it strays a bit beyond my original idea of 'extremely popular' stuff.

Chocolate 01
This show has got you covered for all your harem needs.
Oh boy, all the characters are basically characteristics from a harem checklist.
We got next door neighbor, the ojou-sama like one, the quiet one, the scientist who's also the loli, twins that don't have anything special about them, the yaoi option, random encounter girl, the teacher and the villain who will probably fall for the otherside or whatever.
Even then, the episode was so weird. Spy antics, attempted murder by an electric car and suddenly next door neighbor humping the male protag. It isn't bad, if not overly serious about student councils and elections. I guess I'll keep watching.
And, they have a beer tap in their clubroom? Why haven't this club been shut down yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom