• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Binbougami_ga! - 1

Looks promising. Will put it on my keep watching list.

Chitose Get You! - 1

Eh.

Uta koi - 1

Someone loves the stroke tool. Guess I'll stick to the three episode rule.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Hagure Yuusha no Estetica 1

Horrible. When the animators feel the need to show the main girl's huge boobs in three different scenes of the very first episode, you know they have nothing of quality to offer.

Too bad. The premise of a hero returning to his own world after defeating a demon king is kind of awesome... But here it's completely wasted on a show that revolves around shitty fanservice scenes.

SxvU0.jpg

Ugh. What a clown.

Yeah, me too. Hard to believe that's a guy singing.(

Wut.

Jex

Personally, I would't count either of these. They don't seem to fit the spirit of a new production.

You're right in that they don't represent a significant investment of time and resources on the behalf of a studio that a brand new production does. However, they do represent a 'scraping the bottom of the barrel for whatever people used to like' mentality. I'll have them separate.

This list got longer fast:

Actually, I forgot that there's some other shows/movies that would fall under the catergories of -

- remakes of old and popular anime

- new series based off really popular manga that have already had one adaptation and haven't receently had and an anime adaptation

So the list now goes a little something like this:

Reideen (Remake)
Rebuild of Evangelion Film Series (Remake and alteration)
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Remake, alteration and extension)
Berserk Film Series (Remake and extension)
Appleseed XIII (lol)
Hunter x Hunter (Remake and extension presumably)
Lupin (Prequel, different style)
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Remake)
Cyborg 0009 (Film)
Jo Jo's (Covering material not covered before?)
Sailor Moon (new material ?)
Gundam Origin (remake of adaptation of original show - thanks 7th)
Saint Seyia Omega
Casshern Sins (Remake)
Terra e (Remake)
Hakaba Kitarou (Remake)
Yatterman (Remake)
Shin Mazinger (Reboot)
New Jeeg

Dragonball Kai (Rebroadcast/clean up)
Gundam SEED HD (Rebroadcast/clean up)

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Eureka Seven AO 12:

MEGA-GIGA-TERA-PETA-EXATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHGJFGHEGHJIEGHJTIEGHT NO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I CAN'T HANDLE IT SKAHGIGHRFISOHGDSKFJD

and suddenly, best girl
until the ep13 preview

/XX/

Don't forget Dragonball Kai
I would venture to say that Gundam SEED HD Edition counts as well. It is very similar to Dragonball Z Kai.
Drawing more parallelisms with the game industry trends, after sequels and remakes... enhanced editions! Thankfully, here there aren't compatibility issues with different platforms or things like that, and many film prints can be transferred with beautiful quality for new releases, but for popular works from the early digital era of Japanese animation they can keep trying to exploit them with these "enhancements" over and over again. Stagnation for everyone, no entertainment industry is safe!

/XX/

mai waifu
I've been wondering, shouldn't it be called 'nowano' instead of 'nonowa'? Named on the order 'のワの' rather than 'ののワ', unless you don't directly take into account a one-line reading of 'kaomoji'.

Jex

[Moysahimon Returns] - 1

Well, that's a rather unfortunate way to start a new season of Moyashimon. This episode really had no focus to it at all and the pacing was all over the place. It was a bad mix of: narration to explain the world and characters to new viewers, exposition dumps about sake and sake processing, gags and the actual content of the episode.

I think it would have been a good mood to just let the show speak for itself without attempting to explain every facet of Moyashimon within the first five minutes of the new series. If viewers aren't familiar with the series then that's not really a problem because there's not that much you need to know.

Even ignoring that glaring problem, the pacing of this episode was really bad. A lot of those fact-heavy dumps could have been trimmed or excised to allow actual character interaction to occur.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've been wondering, shouldn't it be called 'nowano' instead of 'nonowa'? In this order 'のワの' rather than 'ののワ', unless you don't directly count a one-line reading of 'kaomoji'.

You read it right to left, top to bottom. Eyes then mouth.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate 1

Oh my GOD, girl, that ugly CG car is going to eat you!

And so he did.

So this show is about a huge crew of annoying high school kids doing annoying things in their useless club and fighting for their right to waste money on ridiculous amounts of candy. Oh, and their school has an amazing student council structure. And there's apparently an espionage subplot.

I was already impressed by the osananajimi's color-changing hair...

... But then Queen Ahoge showed up. Seriously. It's amazing:

Wow.

Wow, strange things are surely happening in the anime world these days. I wonder if its just a movie or OVA.

From what I'm seeing, the new Sailor Moon project

- will not be a movie,
- will stick closely to the original manga,
- will be designed for older fans of the original, not for kids.

So this show is about a huge crew of annoying high school kids doing annoying things in their useless club and fighting for their right to waste money on ridiculous amounts of candy.

What is K-on?

but why are yout watching all the crappy shows? I'm confused. Is this a call for help?

infinite shit 10

"Yes, we weren't thinking at all!" - bland childhood friend #1

Well, that would certainly explain basically the entire shows existence.

Oh well, this episode wasn't off to a good start focusing on the British chick but I doubt it could get any worse...

Oh, I wonder what this is?! Hmm, why don't we pull it and find out...

oh GOD NO
Bah, she's one of the better, more entertaining characters in the series. I like her. :)

Um... yeah, she was pretty bad but I felt that... that something was still missing so I decided to switch to the Japanese audio track and re-watch some bits and...

http://i.minus.com/impDRTvLVobxF.gif

IS THERE NO END TO JUST HOW FUCKING SHITTY THIS FUCKING FUCKY SHOW CAN POSSIBLY FUCKING GET??? FUCK FUCK FUCKITY FUCK
Don't worry, episode 11 is even worse!

IS, truly one of the most entertaining shows around! Very few animes do inane idiocy better, after all.

(But yes, ep. 11 is the worst episode in the series. Have fun.)

One day you'll end up like me. Your hate will subside and the burning desire for s2 will replace any ill will you once felt. I can't bear to look at myself in the mirror anymore due to the monster I've become.

Yeah, just watch the series a couple more times and you'll see the light. Focus particularly on rerunning ep. 9 over and over.

Doesn't matter anyway. Infinite Stratos light novel is cancelled which is all good. Although char will be missed.
That's bad, not good. A series as entertainingly bad as IS is deserves an ending... :)

NeonZ

- will stick closely to the original manga,
- will be designed for older fans of the original, not for kids.

Huh? Any source for those, especially the first one? I don't think they've said anything officially yet about the content of this new production, aside from it not being a movie.

Anyway, I can't see Toei just leaving a property like Sailor Moon, so, if they're involved, I can see them going after an older audience here, considering how they already have Pretty Cure for young girls, so a new Sailor Moon series aimed at the same market would just be competing with themselves. On the other hand, I guess Sailor Moon does have an easier time with international distribution, so it could make sense if they have that as a goal.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Eureka Seven AO 12:

MEGA-GIGA-TERA-PETA-EXATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHGJFGHEGHJIEGHJTIEGHT NO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I CAN'T HANDLE IT SKAHGIGHRFISOHGDSKFJD

and suddenly, best girl
until the ep13 preview

pretty much my reaction.

duckroll

Huh? Any source for those, especially the first one? I don't think they've said anything officially yet about the content of this new production, aside from it not being a movie.

Anyway, I can't see Toei just leaving a property like Sailor Moon, so, if they're involved, I can see them going after an older audience here, considering how they already have Pretty Cure for young girls, so a new Sailor Moon series aimed at the same market would just be competing with themselves. On the other hand, I guess Sailor Moon does have an easier time with international distribution, so it could make sense if they have that as a goal.

I think some of it is taken out of context a little. There's a better article which has quotes from the event itself: http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/movie/2014017/full/

What they've said is that this is a series, not a movie, and that they do not want to disappoint long time fans who have grown up with the franchise and are now adults. So they are going to POWER UP the new anime compared to the previous works (higher production values?). They also confirm plans on a worldwide release next Summer.

Whats the catch?

I'm sure it'll be terrible like everything else these days. Speaking of which,

Dreadful.

Didn't you used to have an avatar?

Whatever.

From the Twitter of someone who was watching the conference live.

/XX/

I don't know if this is a good (more classy) or bad (more fanservice) thing
Come on, we are talking about a whole generation (from both genders) of now adults, things like obvious pandering or fan-service ain't gonna fly with such a general public, right?

... right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom