• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
frU0wl.jpg

I'm... er.. checking for armpit smell! Yeah, that's it!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Top 20 Animez in no order (including movies)

Crest of the stars
Mononoke
Cowboy bebop
Gauche the cellist
Only Yesterday
Anne of Green Gables
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Legend of Galactic Heroes
Windy Tales
Millenium Actress
Jin-roh
FLCL
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Tenga-toppa Gurren Lagann
Whisper of the Heart
Junkers Come Here
Mushi-shi
Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
Kikis delivery service
Eureka Seven

WALL OF SHAME

Code:
cajunator	1,137
firehawk12	851
Jexhius	780
Chet Rippo	744
Ultimadrago	652
Dedication Through Light	634
dakkumauji	617
Narag	554
Dresden	549
SDBurton	528
wonzo	517
Mad Pierrot	495
cosmicblizzard	487
duckroll	464
Uchip	454
BGBW	429
Brazil	421
Femmeworth	411
kayos90	391
Branduil	370
PdotMichael	331
chickdigger802	330
Regulus Tera	313
Hitokage	281
Envelope	275
Firemind	263
Articalys	230
survivor	211
jman2050	203
Defuser	196
Jarmel	194
icarus-daedelus	187
moonspeak	183
KO Traveling Hobo	180
7Th	168
Unknown Soldier	162
fertygo	160
RurouniZel	159
hosannainexcelsis	155
EmmanuelMunoz	155
Razgriz-Specter	151
Instro	151
Dance In My Blood	144
Thoraxes	123
Extollere	112
/XX/	110
darkside31337	110
Billiechu	110
Grzi	109
Tomat	104

I tried.

trejo

Binbougami ga 4

Eh, it was alright. Chichiko needs to learn how to let go.

A couple of references were amusing.

Natsuyuki rendezvous 4

This show, man. This show.

Fantastic Children 22-26

5tViI.jpg

And so ends one of the best anime I've seen in years. A fantastic tale, the kind you only see once in ten years. It makes me depressed as fuck to know so little people know about it and watched it. If i could back in time, i'd punch myself in the face for not having watched it sooner. :( From now on, i shall make my quest on the Internet to have more people watch it!

Some comments on the plot:

I wonder if Helga and Thoma remember what happened. Agi said they would forget about their past lives, but did they also forget their adventure time together? Also, if it had aired today, i bet there would have been shitons of people getting mad at the Soran/Tina/Sesu love triangle and how it ended, ahah.

Also
the Extended Ending. Holy Balls. I'm so glad they got their happy ending, because holy fuck, if i had an heart i would cry like a little bitch ;_; Soreto with her father was the most sad for me.

Congrats It's one of these animes i started on a whim and couldn't put down ..what a ride!!
It's a clear recommandation but few people i tried to put this in front of their eyes couldn't get into it for some reason ..so many twists , so many tales ..

The official ice cream of animeGAF.

that no one actually likes

I enjoy it

Narag

Trava

So this was a very cool OVA about a couple of alien guys named Trava and Shinkai (whom I first saw in Redline and its pilot) being asked to survey a particular planet. They recover an escape pod along the way, find out there's a survivor inside, and then shit just gets weird until the end but in a good way. Frenetic action, crazy visuals, and snappy banter helped elevate the OVA over its rather thin premise and made it something very fun to watch. It's not like the story is the draw in something like this anyhow although it's a shame the Fist Planet stuff alluded to probably isn't explored any further though.

It was co-directed by Katsuhito Ishii and Takeshi Koike who, of course, went on to later make Redline. The second episode had storyboards and key animation done by Hiroyuki Imaishi which is why I'd like to think the second was the best & most exciting segment. I figure most anyone interested in that has probably caught this already but thought it was worth mentioning.

IcHRWl.png

gahmol.png

Trava and Shinkai should be recognizable to those familiar with Redline.
XAkAml.png

Thought this was a neat shot.
DZVV2l.png

Those hips were too much. The explanation even worse.
ZUVVQl.png

xceqnl.png

And some hot visual effects to round this out.

Thoraxes

RKB - 04 - Shiny Gifto~

Boys got OWNED.

jb0FbgQFUWf2b4.jpg

A marriage proposal to the largest loli. The Jelly-Wars begin as some of the girls begin to take counteractions! The girls are going to give him their "stuffed alpacas".

jbGLptvcp8y2b.jpg

Tomoka is dedicated to getting Coach-san back. Shiny Gifto~

jYv98w1s1mEWZ.jpg

Nafe

What's weird is that in the concert video that you can find on youtube, they just had the girls who played the boys come out as girls... so the song loses all meaning whatsoever in the context of the anime. But oh well. lol

I haven't actually seen the show yet or that concert video you mention. Maybe they were trying to go for more of a Yuri angle?

There's a difference between liking someone and liking to watch someone.

True. In the cases of Irisu and Shinobu, I find both the characters and watching them to be interesting.

sonicmj1

Paranoia Agent 3

Back on the episode, the ride leaned on the topic of freedom more explicitly in the latter half. It is, however, not always a comfortable or probable shift (depending on how a person values or defines it for self, in this case
escaping the demon within
). The end leads to a questionable conclusion to the "Golden Bat" as well as a questionable conclusion to his alignment. A figure that stands for longed freedom? I don't know yet. But I am interested in seeing more who are "victims" of their own life because it has kept my interesed thus far.

At the moment, I think of Shonen Bat as a more neutral force.
He just comes when he's called.

Everyone in the show is looking for a release from their problems by finding an excuse that forces people to take their problems seriously. But that's the same kind of emotion that drives people in Japan towards suicide, isn't it? Society is supposed to support them, but instead they give up on being helped.
I have to wonder how much this solution actually "saves" them.

Taruranto

Now and Then, Here and There - 01

2Ehybl.jpg

Well, the premise isn't honestly very good. The first ten minutes or so almost made me want to kill myself.

Shu is a typical Japanese boy, but has an unbeatable, optimistic and determined attitude. However, when he sees a mysterious girl with strange eyes named Lala-Ru up on a smokestack, he is soon pulled into a strange desert world.

Well, aren't we original!

Jokes aside, fortunately things get real pretty quickly (around the 14th minute or so) and i have to say the show managed to caught my interest and i look forward to see how things will develop. And i heard good things about it.

Branduil

Now and Then, Here and There - 01

2Ehybl.jpg

Well, the premise isn't honestly very good. The first ten minutes or so almost made me want to kill myself.

Well, aren't we original!

Jokes aside, fortunately things get real pretty quickly (around the 14th minute or so) and i have to say the show managed to caught my interest and i look forward to see how things will develop. And i heard good things about it.

Just don't listen to hitokage on this one.

Area no Kishi 28
tumblr_m7uld3GQTp1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Probably two episodes late but I just now noticed the new clips of stuff in the OP, like the beach stuff with the Nadeshiko JPN team and other characters in the summer time. Episode could have actually showed the full game in more detail instead of two scores and then fast forwarded moments of the rest.

Yusuke was cool, and Im guessing the writers favorite character is Leonardo Silva...
His team should have lost, I kind of wanted Yusuke's team to win

The eyecatch things are nice, like the one above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom